MFT, Sync, Bluetooth Audio, USB connections and your phones, a comprehensive compatibility list... - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #21
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountryflt View Post
OK, so the Iphone will work with text messaging on sync?
With my Windows 8 phone (nokia lumina 822), text messages come, sync alerts me and asks what I want to do and it will read the message to me and then allow me send a reply and does send a reply. This works in sync system in both my 2013 Focus (Sync VersionGen2 - V3.5.1) and my wife's 2011 Mustang (Sync VersionGen1 - V3.1).
I was actually caught off guard the first time I received a txt message in a car and sync alerted me to it. More surprised that it did a good job reading it and sending a reply.
My wife, with her iphone 5 (IOS 6.1) does not appear to work with text messaging and sync.
This has been discussed many times. iPhone with iOS 6.0+ and MFT 3.5.1 will be able to receive text messages only, just like your Lumia, except you cannot send a reply message.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #22
hillcountryflt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110945
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 hillcountryflt Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
This has been discussed many times. iPhone with iOS 6.0+ and MFT 3.5.1 will be able to receive text messages only, just like your Lumia, except you cannot send a reply message.
New to the forum. Did not use the search function. Dealer told me Iphones and texting does not work, so I accepted that as fact.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #23
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountryflt View Post
New to the forum. Did not use the search function. Dealer told me Iphones and texting does not work, so I accepted that as fact.
Officially, it doesn't work but owners have got it to work by doing this:
1. Delete iPhone from MFT.
2. Do a fresh pair and set up number, phonebook, 911 assist, etc.
3. On iPhone, turn off Bluetooth. Wait a few seconds for MFT to realize it's disconnected then turn Bluetooth back on.
4. Go to MFT and press Connect. Wait for Connected to appear.
5. On iPhone, go to SYNC and press the arrow and turn on Show Notifications. Next, back up a screen and turn BT off. Wait for MFT to show disconnected then turn BT back on.
6. Go to MFT and press Connect. Wait for Connected to appear.
7. Get someone to text you. Make sure your iPhone screen is off like it would normally be. Or you can send yourself a text but turn off the screen right after you press send.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->