Wanting wheels but what to do about TPMS sensors??? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #11
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katkrazy2007 View Post
All of this is incredibly helpful.. Thanks so much! So, since I have the bands in mine, I can just buy new bands and have the place I am having the tires mounted on at put the new bands in my new wheels and transfer my old sensors? Then is it required to take my car to Ford to have my car trained to the sensors if I just use my old ones?

Yup, they should be able to take the old sensors off and mount them with the new bands. As for Ford having to retrain the sensors, I think any place can retrain your sensors but if I were you I would ask before you have them try.

Also, where I am ordering my new wheels and tires from will mount my new tires onto the new wheels and Hunter Road Force balance my tires for no extra cost -- Can the tech at the tire place still place my new bands and old sensors into my new wheels and tires even if they are mounted and balanced already? Or should I order my tires unmounted from the wheels?? I would like to have them mounted and balanced by tirerack since they use the hunter road force balancing and also do it at no extra charge.

You should order the tires unmounted from the wheels otherwise they will charge you to break the bead and install the sensors. If you have the sensors mounted at the shop that installs and balances your tires, they shouldn't charge your for installation. At least I know Discount Tire doesn't
Look above for Answers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #12
katkrazy2007
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105248
What I Drive: 2008 Ebony Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 katkrazy2007 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce View Post
Look above for Answers
Thanks so much for the reply -- I was just about to order these babies mounted! Wheww.. Haha. Yeah, it does make more since obviously to let them do it since most likely they may not end up charging me for installation. But if ordering them unmounted will keep them from having to do an extra step, thus causing them to charge me more, I'm down with that.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #13
Urbanspacedude91
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91432
What I Drive: 2010 Blue Flame Duratec

FF Reputation: 1 Urbanspacedude91 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
What kind of wheels?? Low profile?? 18in?? Like mines lol
Old 03-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #14
katkrazy2007
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanspacedude91 View Post
What kind of wheels?? Low profile?? 18in?? Like mines lol
They're some 16IN black painted wheels with a chrome lip (: the chrome should look good with the chrome on my fenders and grill piece.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #15
Slammed_2.0
Boosted HB.

Fan#: 84306
What I Drive: 2013 TB ST

FF Reputation: 20 Slammed_2.0 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Its been awhile but as long as the Frequency is the same then it will work. I.E Band runs on 325Mhz and the stem runs on 325Mhz thus they're innerchangable. I've done it to 3 08 focus with aftermarket wheels and VALVE stem TPMS.

Your remote may not work with stem if its a band style remove. I don't know. I always used my remote to train their foci's with valve stem since my 10 came with valve stems.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #16
katkrazy2007
Focus Enthusiast

I gotcha -- Thanks! The way money is don't know if wheels will happen quite yet, but now i at least know which direction to start in.

Bookmarks & Social Networks