Injection Molded Center Console Tray WITH Change Holder Thread (MK3 Focus) - Page 14 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: What do you think of this custom center console tray?
*THROWS MONEY AT SCREEN* 18 19.35%
I am very interested and would recommend to my friends! 21 22.58%
I am interested. 33 35.48%
Undecided. 4 4.30%
Iffy, might be interested if some things are changed (ie. maybe priced too high). 2 2.15%
No, I don't really need it. 15 16.13%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2013, 01:00 AM   #131
Pinion Dominion
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105589
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Pinion Dominion Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Hey guys, I've added a new perk to the project called "DEALERSHIP Upgrade Pack" $200 for 13 trays.

If you would like to help, I'm wondering if you could send a quick email to your respective dealership and ask them if they are interested in this backer offer.

The pitch is that they can retrofit their pre-owned inventory with this tray to have that little extra something to entice potential customers and get that sale. And that this is exclusive and not available anywhere else! Thanks in advance!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #132
MelloYelloTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95982
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Focus Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 MelloYelloTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just emailed my salesman/dealership of this thread and the INDIEGOGO site with links..

Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #133
Pinion Dominion
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloYelloTi View Post
Just emailed my salesman/dealership of this thread and the INDIEGOGO site with links..

Thanks for the assist! I'm going to visit some dealerships after work.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #134
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

Points 1,931, Level 26
Points: 1,931, Level: 26 Points: 1,931, Level: 26 Points: 1,931, Level: 26
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion Dominion View Post
2012silversel: Too bad you don't have your SEL anymore (at least that's what I'm guessing you have/had based on your username). Doesn't look like this will be compatible for the Escape, sorry :(
Bummer, it looks like you've created a nice product and I hope it works out for you. Any thoughts of contacting Ford Accessories or an aftermarket retailer? If it's successful, look into expanding your line to the Escape.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #135
Pinion Dominion
Focus Enthusiast

Hi Guys, If you are interested in this tray and you have not backed the project on Indiegogo yet, please consider doing so. Link here: http://igg.me/at/TRES/x/2498758

I visited and called lots of Ford dealerships today and some of them seemed genuinely interested in this product. I think that the dealers can be a big help in getting this project funded and that they will be persuaded to fund this project if it is receiving more support from Ford Focus owners (proves that this is important and can possibly help to sell vehicles)!

Thank you so much.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #136
novus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 107022
What I Drive: '12 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

Points 925, Level 16
Points: 925, Level: 16 Points: 925, Level: 16 Points: 925, Level: 16
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 5 novus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
That's a 3d printer, vs actually making a production tool and making a production level part with higher grade plastic resin that is flexible vs a hard SLA part that is much less durable.

The point of the project is to make a higher quality product, at least from what I can gather.

3D printing doesn't make for durable parts generally.
Quote:
Yes, Suss is bang-on.

Basically, I'm trying to bring this high quality product to you for as low of a price as possible. The product we are proposing will be much more durable than a 3D Print. And keep in mind 3D printing something like this takes over 10 hours so it's not very efficient. After using the 3D Print Prototype for the past couple of days, I truly believe it would be of benefit for Focus owners.

I have the 3D Print and I am actually happy with just using that. So personally I've accomplished my goal of getting a nice storage tray with a nifty little change holder. But since I have an industry contact who would be willing to do something like this, I am pitching this idea to you guys - this is for you guys. Injection molding suppliers don't usually deal with small quantities like this (they make stuff for my work with annual quantity of 50K, 300K pieces, etc.) and I was amazed they would actual take the time and resources to cater to a small application such as this.

A word on the fundraising goal. This is actually the lowest amount that I can raise to break even (provided I can get some shipping discounts). The cost of commissioning the mould will be $10,000. The shipping cost of each tray is $10+ (go to Canada Post website and check out the shipping rates from Canada to US, it's pretty ridiculous - use 9" x 6" x 2" parcel and 200 grams). And I'm not even factoring in the piece price or packaging costs, time commitment. I'm really hoping Canada Post can provide some meaningful volume discounts.

But anyways, this is something for you, the Ford Focus owners. If you don't find this compelling, then at least it was worth a shot. =)

2012silversel: Too bad you don't have your SEL anymore (at least that's what I'm guessing you have/had based on your username). Doesn't look like this will be compatible for the Escape, sorry :(
Don't get me wrong. I'm wanting this product and I really like the idea, not to mention the hard work involved. Suss pretty much answered my question about what I had mentioned vs the route you're going.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #137
ralck
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96372
What I Drive: My sister's car while it is salty

FF Reputation: 1 ralck Good Standing Member
Quote:
A word on the fundraising goal. This is actually the lowest amount that I can raise to break even (provided I can get some shipping discounts). The cost of commissioning the mould will be $10,000. The shipping cost of each tray is $10+ (go to Canada Post website and check out the shipping rates from Canada to US, it's pretty ridiculous - use 9" x 6" x 2" parcel and 200 grams). And I'm not even factoring in the piece price or packaging costs, time commitment. I'm really hoping Canada Post can provide some meaningful volume discounts.
I thought both UPS and FedEx gave automatic discounts if you open up a free account with them (but they get to keep tabs on where you ship to, etc for marketing purposes). Of course, I have no idea if this would lessen the shipping costs or help you at all, but it's worth looking into.

A side note, have you put this up on all the social media sites? Could be a great way to help get the word out. Also websites like reddit could get a lot of hits.

Edit: Just put my order in, and I see at the end Indigogo actually suggests posting to various social media sites, so I guess that answers my question!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #138
Pinion Dominion
Focus Enthusiast

Good point on the social media and thanks for the shipping tip. I'm not sure how reddit works but I have
been trying twitter. I tweeted Scott Monty and
he replied lol [@TheSonga Interesting. We have a site to share ideas for Fords: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas You might link to #TRES there. #FordSocial]. Not super helpful but cool nonetheless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralck View Post
I thought both UPS and FedEx gave automatic discounts if you open up a free account with them (but they get to keep tabs on where you ship to, etc for marketing purposes). Of course, I have no idea if this would lessen the shipping costs or help you at all, but it's worth looking into.

A side note, have you put this up on all the social media sites? Could be a great way to help get the word out. Also websites like reddit could get a lot of hits.

Edit: Just put my order in, and I see at the end Indigogo actually suggests posting to various social media sites, so I guess that answers my question!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #139
Pinion Dominion
Focus Enthusiast

So I tried understanding what reddit is.. it looks like if you post something and it has cray amounts of up votes, more people can see it as it'll be up on the front page.

If you wanna help, maybe upvote the reddit page? http://redd.it/19ui65

Old 03-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #140
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

Points 9,178, Level 64
Points: 9,178, Level: 64 Points: 9,178, Level: 64 Points: 9,178, Level: 64
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Bump.

Go. Invest.
<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.