Is this really normal? - Page 23 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #221
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
My complaints are centered around performance (and now vibrations), NOT NOISE.
Can you elaborate? I have a vibration in the pedal from around 1800 to 2000 rpm, all gears. Dealer said it was due to one of the clutches not disengaging and used it for the reason to replace my clutch pack. But I didn't believe them since it also vibrates in neutral. Vibration is still there after clutch pack replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #222
powermax
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105453
What I Drive: Ex 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 2 powermax Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
Sorry, but I don't believe this is normal for a second and never will (before clutch replacement mine sounded like it was being driven by a driver's ed student learning in a manual tranny on class day #1). The tech who replaced my clutches indicated the parts were worn out and that's the story I've heard from other replacement jobs as well (the word "shredded" was used in another I recall). It is not normal by any means. We've had enough dealers trying to pull this wool over our eye's on this so let's not start doing that to ourselves as well. If somebody's willing to put up with that kind of behaviour from a brand new car - fine for them - they are the exception I'm sure - the rest of us are entitled to resolution of a serious issue occurring to a large number of these vehicles under warranty.
Ok fair enough. I will enjoy my car that has a great tranny drives awesome but does the clutch noise once in a while after long drives while you search for your "resolution". Cheers :-)
Old 02-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #223
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Can you elaborate? I have a vibration in the pedal from around 1800 to 2000 rpm, all gears. Dealer said it was due to one of the clutches not disengaging and used it for the reason to replace my clutch pack. But I didn't believe them since it also vibrates in neutral. Vibration is still there after clutch pack replacement.
My vibration also occurs in that RPM range. It becomes very pronounced immediately after the shift to 4th gear, under _moderate_ acceleration. It doesn't really occur under light acceleration, and under heavy acceleration the engine is typically operating well above the RPM range at which the vibration occurs.

The car did not have this vibration prior to the clutches being replaced.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #224
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by powermax View Post
Ok fair enough. I will enjoy my car that has a great tranny drives awesome but does the clutch noise once in a while after long drives while you search for your "resolution". Cheers :-)
Actually - my search is hopefully over because the faulty damaged clutches in my car were replaced under warranty as they should be for all the folks here having similar issues. My car has been driving beautifully for 3 months now after this repair as others have noted after similar repairs (no more clutch grinding at every start). I'm hoping this solution lasts long term. If some prefer not to have their vehicles fixed under warranty given evidence of this issue and chance taking a big repair bill not far down the road off warranty, then I guess that's their choice. Don't get me wrong, I love everything about my car and plan to keep it and enjoy it for a long time. But when there's clearly a problem going on, of course I want it fixed. Given the absolutely overwhelming evidence that the clutch assemblies in 2012 Ford Focus are flawed and should all be upgraded to 2013 spec, it amazes me that there is anyone out there who would not want this repair done to their 12 Focus given any evidence of problems (and there seems to be few who don't have this issue).

Last edited by Sprint; 02-25-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #225
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi everyone,

If you're currently experiencing this concern, I want to get your case escalated to your regional customer service manager. All I need is a PM from you with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll take it from there.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 02-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #226
ctvfam
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106805
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 1 ctvfam Good Standing Member
update on mother in laws car.

Dealer took the car in right away, got place in rental, seals and clutches replaced and so far so good. Glad to see ford stepping up and taking care of this obvious issue.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #227
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
I also found it somewhat odd they had a clutch in stock considering they told me I was one of the first they have seen to have problems...odd why keep parts you don't normally need?

Could be a dealer thing though
Have not heard anything from you lately, what's happening with your Focus?

Last edited by GhiaFan; 03-06-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #228
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Have not heard anything for you lately, what's happening with your Focus?
I'm interested in an update on his car as well.

I'd bet that it's still messed up.

I know mine still is.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:48 AM   #229
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
I'm interested in an update on his car as well.

I'd bet that it's still messed up.

I know mine still is.
Sorry guys I've been slammed with school and work! Ive had the car back for almost two weeks and it is significantly better than before. Its almost like a whole different car to be honest! I'm really hoping this fix holds up because they found no leaks that could have caused the clutch damage; that alone kind of makes me wonder still

Anyway Ill be more active on the forums now since im on break
Old 03-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #230
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
I'm really hoping this fix holds up because they found no leaks that could have caused the clutch damage; that alone kind of makes me wonder still
Sounds like I need to find a better service department.

Bookmarks & Social Networks