2006 serpentine belt diagram? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
socalchef00
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104087
What I Drive: 2006 Silver ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 socalchef00 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2006 serpentine belt diagram?

Does anyone have the belt diagram for a 2006 focus zx4 se?

broke the belt, and of course the engine compartment does not have a diagram anywhere.

Please help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
With Air Conditioning:

Without Air Conditioning:

Old 11-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
socalchef00
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104087
What I Drive: 2006 Silver ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 socalchef00 Good Standing Member
Awesome! Thank you.

Now can this be a one man job? or is it best for two people.

I only ask cause looking at it, it appears i need to be under the car to use the tension pully and still have to pull the belt around the last pully.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
On the zetec, which is virtually the same thing, I always route the belt best I can and leave the Water Pump for last. That way it's a 1 man job.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
AnthonysMachServ
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110884
What I Drive: 2000 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 AnthonysMachServ Good Standing Member
Hi iminhell - I noticed you are in Minnesota, as am I, and I'm hoping you might be able to help me (with some insight/information). I'm replacing the serpentine belt on my 2000 Focus SE (2.0L DOHC Zetec (8th VIN digit = 3) with AC) and I'm about to commit myself to the looney bin: The new belt and old belt are the same length, and I'm pretty sure I'm following the routing diagram correctly, but the belt is coming up way too long. WTF?! Notably, the tensioner has just been replaced; it and the belt broke a few days ago and stranded me. I replaced the tensioner last night in the middle of the blizzard that hit the metro area. In the process, I found the old belt dangling in the back of the engine compartment - a Dayco 5060835 - which per Dayco has a length of 83.5 inches. The new Gates K060834 belt I bought is similar in length per Gates's Website. To rule out misprinted online information, I personally measured the old belt with a tape measure and compared it to the new belt and they are within an inch and a half of being the same length. Here's the problem that has me wondering if I'm in an alternate reality where nothing is what it seems: When I reinstall the new belt according to the routing diagram available on this board, the belt has way too much slack - like more than 6 inches of extra belt - and clearly won't stay on. The car was running fine before, and the old belt and new belt are virtually the same length - so I guess the problem has to be the routing? In terms of the pulleys, I have the following 7 pulleys (going from firewall to front bumper and then down and around clockwise): alternator; idler; power steering; A/C compressor; water pump; crankshaft; tensioner. When I install the belt per the diagram, I wrap the belt around the PS pump pulley; down around the AC compressor pulley, back around the crankshaft pulley, then forward a bit (with the non-ribbed side) to loop around the smooth H2O pump pulley, then back again around the tensioner, up and around the alternator, and then forward under the idler (and on to the PS pump as noted). When I do this, I have this massive amount of slack in the belt.

Is there an 8th pulley that broke off that I don't know about (serious question)? Is the Zetec belt routing diagram wrong somehow? When routing the belt from the AC compressor to the crankshaft, should the belt be looped over the H2O pump _between these two pulleys_ instead of after it goes around the crankshaft? I don't see how that would take up much additional belt length, though.

I can't see what I'm missing or doing wrong; do you have any insight on this?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
OrangePeel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109758
What I Drive: 2006 Sonic Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 OrangePeel Good Standing Member
Anthony,

After changing the belt on my 06 zx3 last night there are only 7 pulley's including A/C.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Belt definitely goes from a/c to crank pulley bottom, CW around it and up to water pump, water pump to tensioner.

An inch and a half difference in belt length may as well be a mile, even old, old belts don't stretch nearly that much.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->