I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 76 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #751
Merrigan
Focus Addict
 
Merrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 104581
Location: Cold Lake, Canada
What I Drive: 2013 Black SE Hatch

Posts: 972
FF Reputation: 2 Merrigan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisPrime View Post
Hi all. Noob here. Have had my Focus since 7/11 and loving it. Just found Focus Fanatics and registered recently regarding the transmission issues, not that i'm having them myself but i can't remember what brought me here in the first place.

I'm waiting for winter to pass so i can get my car washed spic and span and take some sweet pics of it with my DSLR to add to my collection. The ones i have now don't seem to do it justice.

Loving all the pics on here btw. And am envious of the 'triangle' rims... and am considering 'blacking out' mine as well. Chrome highlights are nice, but blacked out looks menacing!

Cheers all.

When i got a clear highway in front of me, it's autobot red all the way! When i'm stuck in bumper to bumper.. i choose decepticon purple or Tron blue to mellow me out and cease the urge to kill. Ambient light. Such a small feature.. so many lives saved.
I think you'll fit in well here.

Sent from your mom's house.
__________________
Sonics MK3 Crew #21
Merrigan is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #752
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,179
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisPrime View Post
Hi all. Noob here. Have had my Focus since 7/11 and loving it. Just found Focus Fanatics and registered recently regarding the transmission issues, not that i'm having them myself but i can't remember what brought me here in the first place.

I'm waiting for winter to pass so i can get my car washed spic and span and take some sweet pics of it with my DSLR to add to my collection. The ones i have now don't seem to do it justice.

Loving all the pics on here btw. And am envious of the 'triangle' rims... and am considering 'blacking out' mine as well. Chrome highlights are nice, but blacked out looks menacing!

Cheers all.

When i got a clear highway in front of me, it's autobot red all the way! When i'm stuck in bumper to bumper.. i choose decepticon purple or Tron blue to mellow me out and cease the urge to kill. Ambient light. Such a small feature.. so many lives saved.
Welcome to the forum, NemesisPrime! After reading about your opinion of ambient lighting, I think we may need to start listing it as a safety feature.

Crystal
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #753
OPsDad
Focus Addict
 
OPsDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108661
Location: Denham Springs, LA
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

Posts: 727
FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I got nowhere to go and a real fun way to get there. Sigh.
__________________
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
OPsDad is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #754
NemesisPrime
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
NemesisPrime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110427
Location: Etobicoke, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 FF Ti Hatch, Tux Black, 18"

Posts: 32
FF Reputation: 1 NemesisPrime Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPsDad View Post
I got nowhere to go and a real fun way to get there. Sigh.
The story of my life..

For all the demonstrable benefits of the fuel efficiency of this car.. i find i've probably spent more on fuel aimlessly driving than actual work/life reasons.

It's just that much fun to drive! At least i'm going nowhere in style, and i only have to fill up the tank twice a month!
__________________
2012 Focus Titanium Hatch, Tuxedo Black, Moonroof
18" Replacement Rims and Tires coming..
Rapid Spec 401A Vision Group
MFT 8" Screen w/NAV w/Sync Gen2 - V3.6.2
Michigan ASSE - Build Date: 06.xx.2011 w/Cust.Sat.Prog. #12B37 applied
NemesisPrime is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #755
OPsDad
Focus Addict
 
OPsDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108661
Location: Denham Springs, LA
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

Posts: 727
FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisPrime View Post
The story of my life..

For all the demonstrable benefits of the fuel efficiency of this car.. i find i've probably spent more on fuel aimlessly driving than actual work/life reasons.

It's just that much fun to drive! At least i'm going nowhere in style, and i only have to fill up the tank twice a month!
Exactly. I have put more miles on this car going nowhere, at least so far. I'm sure the novelty will wear off, but I can't remember having this much fun driving a car in the last couple decades, anyway.
__________________
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
OPsDad is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #756
Pinarello Rider
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 102280
Location: Chesterfield, VA
What I Drive: 2012 Red Focus SE 5sp 5dr sport

Posts: 226
FF Reputation: 1 Pinarello Rider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Welcome to the forum, NemesisPrime! After reading about your opinion of ambient lighting, I think we may need to start listing it as a safety feature.

Crystal
How do I know if I can change the lighting color in my car? I have a 2012 5-door 5sp w/ sport package, cold weather, Sync (no MFT) and my-key.
Pinarello Rider is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #757
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic
 
RonMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99230
Location: Littleton, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Posts: 4,072
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The SE models don't have that option to change the color.
__________________
'12 Focus Red Candy SE Sport 5 spd
'99 Toyota 4Runner Sport
'11 Subaru WRX STI Hatch
RonMaiden is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #758
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,179
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinarello Rider View Post
How do I know if I can change the lighting color in my car? I have a 2012 5-door 5sp w/ sport package, cold weather, Sync (no MFT) and my-key.
Hi Pinarello Rider,

I just checked the order guide for 2012 Focuses - ambient lighting (with seven color options) is available on SEL and Titanium models, not the SE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
The SE models don't have that option to change the color.
Thanks for helping out Pinarello Rider, RonMaiden!

Crystal
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #759
Pinarello Rider
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 102280
Location: Chesterfield, VA
What I Drive: 2012 Red Focus SE 5sp 5dr sport

Posts: 226
FF Reputation: 1 Pinarello Rider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Pinarello Rider,

I just checked the order guide for 2012 Focuses - ambient lighting (with seven color options) is available on SEL and Titanium models, not the SE.



Thanks for helping out Pinarello Rider, RonMaiden!

Crystal
Ah crap. Oh well. Still love the car though.
Pinarello Rider is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #760
ksshane
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
ksshane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110580
Location: Wichita, KS
What I Drive: 2012 White SEL

Posts: 31
FF Reputation: 1 ksshane Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ive been driving trucks (mostly dodge rams) since the mid 90's, and my latest one was 2010 dodge ram that only had ac, cd player, and cruise for options. I remember when I bought it my wife said "I didnt even know they made doors with window cranks anymore".

So this is a huge upgrade as far as options go. Im still learning new things that came with my SEL 5 door that the dealership didnt tell me.

My wife was worried I wouldnt like the car when I bought it because Ive always driven trucks. I wouldnt trade it for any truck out there. Just love the car, and my 7 year old son loves it. What more could you ask for.
ksshane is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.