Some people suck - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #11
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
Your neighbors don't care, your neighbors don't give a

^lets see if someone gets this
Honey Badger? o_O
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #12
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Honey Badger? o_O
Yup! His username made me do it

Ahh dry humor, gotta love it
Old 02-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #13
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostinger View Post
I would try wax before anything
Seconded.

Quote:
but people dont give a crap about other peoples property
Some people redefine "jerk" to a new level as well.

A few weeks ago, I parked out at the end of a store's lot, everybody else was parked by the main door. Some jackwipe almost sideswiped me to get the primo parking spot I hadn't seen, so I thought I'd park more distant...

When I got back to the car, another car had parked next to mine. Their driver side was facing mine and the distance between both cars was about 2 feet.

I didn't see any signs of damage, and I took great pains to open my door without hitting theirs... but there could be scratches I'd not seen. The chances of Twiggy being the other car's owner and parking there just to psychologically twist me are slim, though it's possible that's all there was - a mindgame with no intent to cause physical damage...

But, then or now, there are always going to be unevolved jackholes... it's disgusting, but unless you leave a note, that reads:

"Please be conscientious of others."

then they're not going to care. Regardless of how polite or how twisted one could write in.

And the first scratch is always the most grating on our nerves anyway...

But, yeah, a lot of jackholes out there just don't give a damn out there, then they wonder why society is going to pieces... DUH...
Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
ralck
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96372
What I Drive: My sister's car while it is salty

FF Reputation: 1 ralck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Do I expect them to admit it? Probably not, but they do seem like a nice older couple, so maybe they have some integrity, unlike most of my generation. If nothing else, maybe it will remind them to be a little more careful in the garage and nothing worse will happen.

When it comes down to it, it's not _that_ bad of a blemish, it's just right in the center of the door! And I didn't think I would have a scratch on the car this quickly since I'm not driving it during Rochester's salt season.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #15
ralck
Focus Enthusiast

So an update to my story...

I was able to contact my neighbor and she actually offered to help pay to fix the damage. She was very sweet and even told me about a small scratch she put in my side mirror that I didn't notice.

Anywho, I took it to Mac's II body shop (located on Town-Line road for the Rochester folk) and 10 minutes later they had polished away all but one tiny little spot! You can't even see that spot unless you know where to look.
They gave me a quote for the side mirror, and even said I might as well try a touch up pen first to see if I'm happy with that.

So all worked out in the end. I actually feel bad at the thread title now; everyone involved (including my neighbor) has been so kind to me and so helpful in getting the car looking showroom new again.

And for anyone in the Rochester area, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Mac's II shop. They were very helpful, super quick, and really friendly there! Check them out!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #16
AfternoonShift
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107660
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Hatch Ti Manual

FF Reputation: 1 AfternoonShift Good Standing Member
Why don't you cover it, if ur not going to use it? Car cover would of most likely saved ya from any light scatches from something rubbing against it.

Sorry to see tho man...hope ya have a good detailer that can fix it right up!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #17
ralck
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonShift View Post
Why don't you cover it, if ur not going to use it? Car cover would of most likely saved ya from any light scatches from something rubbing against it.

Sorry to see tho man...hope ya have a good detailer that can fix it right up!
It's kind of a live and learn scenario here. I'm only 25 so I'm still learning most of life's lessons. I know now to get a car cover. Honestly didn't think I would need to worry about something like this before.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #18
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralck View Post
It's kind of a live and learn scenario here. I'm only 25 so I'm still learning most of life's lessons. I know now to get a car cover. Honestly didn't think I would need to worry about something like this before.
How open is the garage? If wind runs through it a cover could cause scratches all over.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #19
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
How open is the garage? If wind runs through it a cover could cause scratches all over.
i used a car cover on my previous focus as i had to park it outdoors and it never left scratches over 9 years of use.... just make sure it's installed properly.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #20
Berlin Bill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99041
What I Drive: 2014 Blue Candy SE 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 Berlin Bill Good Standing Member
You probably already know this but just in case - Very important - make sure the car's exterior is clean of any grit or dust before installing the cover, so if there is any wind movement you won't have a sandpaper effect on the finish.

Bookmarks & Social Networks