Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 190 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #1891
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

Points 2,284, Level 28
Points: 2,284, Level: 28 Points: 2,284, Level: 28 Points: 2,284, Level: 28
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 0 Tubeway Army Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus#Pissed View Post
So got a call back today that nothing is wrong with transmission and want me to drive the car with a tech as so many of you have claimed this to have happened to you I will most likely video record my drive for use in future
It has happened to me, lunging is what your describing. Ford call's it "trailer hitching" and claims it's "Normal". They will probably give you a two page memo with all the details on what they consider "Normal" and tell you that your clutch needs to break in, even at 10K miles + they may pull that on you.

The moldings falling off, don't know what to say about that. Not reassuring to me and my Focus purchase since I am only have DCT issues currently.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #1892
Focus#Pissed
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114179
What I Drive: 2012 metallic grey focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Focus#Pissed Good Standing Member
Well here is the kicker it's automatic so unless your talking about the clutch in the torque converter which does not need breaking cause it works of hydraulics, then there is a problem to fix I'm in automotive tech classes here at my community college and even my instructor lol
Old 05-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #1893
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,903, Level 66
Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Well here is the kicker it's automatic so unless your talking about the clutch in the torque converter which does not need breaking cause it works of hydraulics, then there is a problem to fix I'm in automotive tech classes here at my community college and even my instructor lol
The Focus doesn't use a torque converter in its automatic transmission, its a dry dual disk friction clutch pack controlled by electronics.

So you're saying that it has a torque converter is incorrect. The PowerShift automatic transmission with or with out select shift is essentially two manual transmissions in a single gear case with a clutch for each sub box concentrically.

This isn't your father's planetary geared automatic transmission with a torque converter.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #1894
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Points 2,284, Level 28
Level Up 90% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Quote:
Adding to what suss said, you might want to watch this to understand how the DCT works.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:55 AM   #1895
Focus#Pissed
Focus Rookie

Oh snap thank you that helps majorly I still don't know how the dry disk clutches would not be broken in at 10777
Old 05-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #1896
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Points 2,284, Level 28
Level Up 90% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
I think the word "Broken In" is not like a pair of brake shoes or something that wears, it's more of a programming/software scenario. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is the way I look at it, thus the DCT adapts to your driving style.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #1897
beckaroo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114237
What I Drive: 2012 white ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 beckaroo Good Standing Member
well I'm really frustated now...it rained here on the Mississippi coast for two day's and I did'nt go any where I sat here and read all these post cause i got a 2012 ford focus a little over a week ago that has all the same problem's as you all do..I took it back and they checked it out and told me all this was normal and said they upgraded it and it should drive better now..NOT...so I go get in it late yesterday to find it soaked inside about two inches of water floating on floor sits soaked at first I thought it had flooded but not it came through windshield around where the box for the interior light are .why in world would a car with only 17,000 miles leak through windshield ? my husband takes it straight down there and was told they would set appt to take to glass shop still no word back..and I dont think this is gonna fix my problems the overhead is gonna be stained it gonna stink and electronics may be messed up ..I want another car asap and not a focus...
Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #1898
beckaroo
Focus Rookie

Quote:
So got a call back today that nothing is wrong with transmission and want me to drive the car with a tech as so many of you have claimed this to have happened to you I will most likely video record my drive for use in future
I'm gonna do same thing..thank you
Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #1899
beckaroo
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
It has happened to me, lunging is what your describing. Ford call's it "trailer hitching" and claims it's "Normal". They will probably give you a two page memo with all the details on what they consider "Normal" and tell you that your clutch needs to break in, even at 10K miles + they may pull that on you.

The moldings falling off, don't know what to say about that. Not reassuring to me and my Focus purchase since I am only have DCT issues currently.
where is your molding falling off at? read my complaint may have same problem I'm sure mine been leaking but when it rained hard it soaked the inside of car..
Old 05-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #1900
Focus#Pissed
Focus Rookie

The molding I spoke of is from the door panel where on the drivers side looks like a wedge piece that's missing and on the rear passenger where it is pushed in to the door and can't be pulled

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.