Is this really normal? - Page 22 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #211
powermax
Focus Enthusiast
 
powermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 105453
Location: Ontario, Canada
What I Drive: Ex 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE

Posts: 181
FF Reputation: 2 powermax Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
I never had a serious grinding problem, just some minor crunchiness on the 1->2 shift. It didn't approach the 'gravel in a blender' level of noise that some people have experienced... but it shouldn't be making any more noise than a conventional manual transmission. A manual trans doesn't make crunchy gear-shift noises unless it is being driven poorly.





I too have noticed that the bulk of my problems appear after the learning process completes. My transmission also has a learning disability, LOL.
Im not talking about those with severe slipping and seals leak.

This is not an manual tranny its an automated dual dry-clutch and will not work like regular manual.
After so many replaced clutches and the clutch noise coming back it makes me believe even more.
Some clutch noise ITS REALLY NORMAL. Enjoy your cars instead of keep fighting a problem that doesnt exist.
Yesterday I spoke to a currier driver he was driving a 2012 Focus it had 163000km he said same thing some clutch noise and a little shudder. He said that it actually got better after 80k.
Happy friday !
powermax is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #212
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Fan#: 44867
Location: Ajax Ontario, Canada
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

Posts: 386
FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
A little update to the people who are following

My car has been at the dealer since Monday! I have been driving a Jetta loaner since (so glad they offer them). My service technician said he has never seen the overheating messages before and had to do research on the matter. He is supposed to call me tomorrow to tell me what they are going to do "going forward". He didn't really specify what he was waiting for which has got me wondering

I really am hoping they actually come back with something wrong with the vehicle instead of what I have always been told..."its normal"

Keeping my fingers crosses...or putting up my middle one...depends on the outcome lol
I have pictures of multiple overheating messages .
gostinger is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #213
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 87069
Location: OTTAWA, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

Posts: 89
Points 127, Level 2
Points: 127, Level: 2 Points: 127, Level: 2 Points: 127, Level: 2
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by powermax View Post
Im not talking about those with severe slipping and seals leak.

This is not an manual tranny its an automated dual dry-clutch and will not work like regular manual.
After so many replaced clutches and the clutch noise coming back it makes me believe even more.
Some clutch noise ITS REALLY NORMAL. Enjoy your cars instead of keep fighting a problem that doesnt exist.
Yesterday I spoke to a currier driver he was driving a 2012 Focus it had 163000km he said same thing some clutch noise and a little shudder. He said that it actually got better after 80k.
Happy friday !
Sorry, but I don't believe this is normal for a second and never will (before clutch replacement mine sounded like it was being driven by a driver's ed student learning in a manual tranny on class day #1). The tech who replaced my clutches indicated the parts were worn out and that's the story I've heard from other replacement jobs as well (the word "shredded" was used in another I recall). It is not normal by any means. We've had enough dealers trying to pull this wool over our eye's on this so let's not start doing that to ourselves as well. If somebody's willing to put up with that kind of behaviour from a brand new car - fine for them - they are the exception I'm sure - the rest of us are entitled to resolution of a serious issue occurring to a large number of these vehicles under warranty.
Sprint is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #214
snow12
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108999
Location: Not Ava, United States
What I Drive: Car

Posts: 247
FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostinger View Post
I have pictures of multiple overheating messages .
I took one with my phone too make sure haha. he seemed to be genuinely surprised
snow12 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #215
snow12
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108999
Location: Not Ava, United States
What I Drive: Car

Posts: 247
FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
Sorry, but I don't believe this is normal for a second and never will (before clutch replacement mine sounded like it was being driven by a driver's ed student learning in a manual tranny on class day #1). The tech who replaced my clutches indicated the parts were worn out and that's the story I've heard from other replacement jobs as well (the word "shredded" was used in another I recall). It is not normal by any means. We've had enough dealers trying to pull this wool over our eye's on this so let's not start doing that to ourselves as well. If somebody's willing to put up with that kind of behaviour from a brand new car - fine for them - they are the exception I'm sure - the rest of us are entitled to resolution of a serious issue occurring to a large number of these vehicles under warranty.
UPDATE!

My car needs a new clutch! They didn't find a leak however the clutch "needs to be replaced" This really is confirming my suspicion that some of these transmissions are shredding clutches.

Why on earth would a car with less than 9,000 miles need a new clutch?
snow12 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #216
kam327
-----<M>-----
 
kam327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 94700
Location: Tampa, FL
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Posts: 2,442
Points 6,449, Level 52
Points: 6,449, Level: 52 Points: 6,449, Level: 52 Points: 6,449, Level: 52
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
UPDATE!

My car needs a new clutch! They didn't find a leak however the clutch "needs to be replaced" This really is confirming my suspicion that some of these transmissions are shredding clutches.

Why on earth would a car with less than 9,000 miles need a new clutch?
Mine was replaced even though they didn't find a leak as well. They said it was due to one of the clutches not disengaging correctly. It seemed to fix my slipping problem. At times my DCT felt like a CVT.
kam327 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #217
snow12
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108999
Location: Not Ava, United States
What I Drive: Car

Posts: 247
FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Mine was replaced even though they didn't find a leak as well. They said it was due to one of the clutches not disengaging correctly. It seemed to fix my slipping problem. At times my DCT felt like a CVT.
I'm hoping this fixes mine. It has me wondering about long term durability though
snow12 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #218
snow12
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108999
Location: Not Ava, United States
What I Drive: Car

Posts: 247
FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I also found it somewhat odd they had a clutch in stock considering they told me I was one of the first they have seen to have problems...odd why keep parts you don't normally need?

Could be a dealer thing though
snow12 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #219
Strix
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85696
Location: Northville, MI
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Posts: 583
Points 535, Level 10
Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by powermax View Post
This is not an manual tranny its an automated dual dry-clutch and will not work like regular manual.
Really? I didn't know that!

Of course I'm being sarcastic.

Stating the obvious doesn't make my car work any better.

My complaints are centered around performance (and now vibrations), NOT NOISE.

But please, go ahead and educate me some more about the car that I've been driving for nearly two years and almost 50,000 miles.
Strix is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #220
PratoN
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 3,930
Points 2,928, Level 33
Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
UPDATE!

My car needs a new clutch! They didn't find a leak however the clutch "needs to be replaced" This really is confirming my suspicion that some of these transmissions are shredding clutches.

Why on earth would a car with less than 9,000 miles need a new clutch?
Please forward this information to my dealer. lmao
__________________
2012 FF Ti HB Kona Blue, Built 5/24/2011, 401A + Ti Handling Package, Parking Technology Package, Winter Package, Moonroof, and MFT w/NAV at v3.6 100k miles and counting...
PratoN is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat