Is this really normal? - Page 22 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #211
powermax
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105453
What I Drive: Ex 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 2 powermax Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
I never had a serious grinding problem, just some minor crunchiness on the 1->2 shift. It didn't approach the 'gravel in a blender' level of noise that some people have experienced... but it shouldn't be making any more noise than a conventional manual transmission. A manual trans doesn't make crunchy gear-shift noises unless it is being driven poorly.

I too have noticed that the bulk of my problems appear after the learning process completes. My transmission also has a learning disability, LOL.
Im not talking about those with severe slipping and seals leak.

This is not an manual tranny its an automated dual dry-clutch and will not work like regular manual.
After so many replaced clutches and the clutch noise coming back it makes me believe even more.
Some clutch noise ITS REALLY NORMAL. Enjoy your cars instead of keep fighting a problem that doesnt exist.
Yesterday I spoke to a currier driver he was driving a 2012 Focus it had 163000km he said same thing some clutch noise and a little shudder. He said that it actually got better after 80k.
Happy friday !
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #212
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
A little update to the people who are following

My car has been at the dealer since Monday! I have been driving a Jetta loaner since (so glad they offer them). My service technician said he has never seen the overheating messages before and had to do research on the matter. He is supposed to call me tomorrow to tell me what they are going to do "going forward". He didn't really specify what he was waiting for which has got me wondering

I really am hoping they actually come back with something wrong with the vehicle instead of what I have always been told..."its normal"

Keeping my fingers crosses...or putting up my middle one...depends on the outcome lol
I have pictures of multiple overheating messages .
Old 02-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #213
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

Points 127, Level 2
Points: 127, Level: 2 Points: 127, Level: 2 Points: 127, Level: 2
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by powermax View Post
Im not talking about those with severe slipping and seals leak.

This is not an manual tranny its an automated dual dry-clutch and will not work like regular manual.
After so many replaced clutches and the clutch noise coming back it makes me believe even more.
Some clutch noise ITS REALLY NORMAL. Enjoy your cars instead of keep fighting a problem that doesnt exist.
Yesterday I spoke to a currier driver he was driving a 2012 Focus it had 163000km he said same thing some clutch noise and a little shudder. He said that it actually got better after 80k.
Happy friday !
Sorry, but I don't believe this is normal for a second and never will (before clutch replacement mine sounded like it was being driven by a driver's ed student learning in a manual tranny on class day #1). The tech who replaced my clutches indicated the parts were worn out and that's the story I've heard from other replacement jobs as well (the word "shredded" was used in another I recall). It is not normal by any means. We've had enough dealers trying to pull this wool over our eye's on this so let's not start doing that to ourselves as well. If somebody's willing to put up with that kind of behaviour from a brand new car - fine for them - they are the exception I'm sure - the rest of us are entitled to resolution of a serious issue occurring to a large number of these vehicles under warranty.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #214
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostinger View Post
I have pictures of multiple overheating messages .
I took one with my phone too make sure haha. he seemed to be genuinely surprised
Old 02-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #215
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
Sorry, but I don't believe this is normal for a second and never will (before clutch replacement mine sounded like it was being driven by a driver's ed student learning in a manual tranny on class day #1). The tech who replaced my clutches indicated the parts were worn out and that's the story I've heard from other replacement jobs as well (the word "shredded" was used in another I recall). It is not normal by any means. We've had enough dealers trying to pull this wool over our eye's on this so let's not start doing that to ourselves as well. If somebody's willing to put up with that kind of behaviour from a brand new car - fine for them - they are the exception I'm sure - the rest of us are entitled to resolution of a serious issue occurring to a large number of these vehicles under warranty.
UPDATE!

My car needs a new clutch! They didn't find a leak however the clutch "needs to be replaced" This really is confirming my suspicion that some of these transmissions are shredding clutches.

Why on earth would a car with less than 9,000 miles need a new clutch?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #216
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,449, Level 52
Points: 6,449, Level: 52 Points: 6,449, Level: 52 Points: 6,449, Level: 52
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
UPDATE!

My car needs a new clutch! They didn't find a leak however the clutch "needs to be replaced" This really is confirming my suspicion that some of these transmissions are shredding clutches.

Mine was replaced even though they didn't find a leak as well. They said it was due to one of the clutches not disengaging correctly. It seemed to fix my slipping problem. At times my DCT felt like a CVT.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #217
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Mine was replaced even though they didn't find a leak as well. They said it was due to one of the clutches not disengaging correctly. It seemed to fix my slipping problem. At times my DCT felt like a CVT.
I'm hoping this fixes mine. It has me wondering about long term durability though
Old 02-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #218
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

I also found it somewhat odd they had a clutch in stock considering they told me I was one of the first they have seen to have problems...odd why keep parts you don't normally need?

Could be a dealer thing though
Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #219
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 535, Level 10
Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by powermax View Post
Really? I didn't know that!

Of course I'm being sarcastic.

Stating the obvious doesn't make my car work any better.

My complaints are centered around performance (and now vibrations), NOT NOISE.

But please, go ahead and educate me some more about the car that I've been driving for nearly two years and almost 50,000 miles.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #220
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,928, Level 33
Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
UPDATE!

Please forward this information to my dealer. lmao

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.