Performance catalytic converter for 03 ZX3 - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
Dardas
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107673
What I Drive: 2005 Saab 9-3 Turbo 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Dardas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessmonkey View Post
if your getting a stock style high flow cat you should get some headers to go with it, i got 1 elderbrock on the bst for pretty cheap
Do you have a link for that? and does it matter if its for an auto or standard as well as the year? mines an 03
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #12
homelessmonkey
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98498
What I Drive: 2003 black zx3

FF Reputation: 2 homelessmonkey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...88#post4595788
and it fits any 00-04 zetec doesnt matter the trannny
Old 02-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #13
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
the shorty headers provide almost to no gain in performance. i think it was measured in the 1-2 HP vs a SVT system that is still 50 state compliant that can add 15-18HP

$230 for Cat + $180 for Shorty Header = $410. SVT header, Cat & Flex are selling for about $350 in the for sale section. left over money would cover shipping costs and the SVT dip stick and other minor things you might find.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308505
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #14
Dardas
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
the shorty headers provide almost to no gain in performance. i think it was measured in the 1-2 HP vs a SVT system that is still 50 state compliant that can add 15-18HP

$230 for Cat + $180 for Shorty Header = $410. SVT header, Cat & Flex are selling for about $350 in the for sale section. left over money would cover shipping costs and the SVT dip stick and other minor things you might find.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308505
if i was to buy an SVT header for a ZX3 zetec, is it direct bolt on installation and is there anything else required when installing an SVT header? im fine with leaving the stock headers if i only get 2HP increase not worth the money on a short header. all i know is i need a new cat and the one im planning on getting is the magnaflow for around $300 with shipping and is direct bolt on installation.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #15
homelessmonkey
Focus Enthusiast

ye i know that they don't produce a lot of gain compared to the svt set up that's why i got myself that set up, but when i purchased the elderbrock shorty i was just thinking to do direct bolt on, its still more flow then stock i could do 150 plus shipping. send me your zip to see how much
and no they svt header isnt direct bolt on you need to buy svt header, svt cat it relocates it under the car and you need svt flex pipe with minor modification to it to be able to bolt on to a zetec catback or stock exhaust plus u need to ether bend the ps line or get and svt one all soo u need a svt dipstick.
so if your just looking for direct bolt on the svt set up isnt that but it will get you the most whp.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #16
homelessmonkey
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessmonkey View Post
ye i know that they don't produce a lot of gain compared to the svt set up that's why i got myself that set up, but when i purchased the elderbrock shorty i was just thinking to do direct bolt on, its still more flow then stock i could do 150 plus shipping.
and no they svt header isnt direct bolt on you need to buy svt header, svt cat it relocates it under the car and you need svt flex pipe with minor modification to it to be able to bolt on to a zetec catback or stock exhaust plus u need to ether bend the ps line or get and svt one all soo u need a svt dipstick.
so if your just looking for direct bolt on the svt set up isnt that but it will get you the most whp.
forgot to mention you will also have to ether get a bung welded in on the svt header , get an 02 extension or have a tuner and turn it off or you will have cel forever. but its all up too you if your looking only for direct bolt on or have fun doing some work on your car. i cant wait till spring comes to put mine on
Old 02-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #17
Dardas
Focus Enthusiast

yeah i would definitely do an SVT setup but thats quite a bit of money that i dont have to do it and isnt gonna be a simple bolt on installation like i imagined. i do need a new cat like i mentioned, i already have a new stock so just for the heck of it i might buy the shorty header like you mentioned as well so i have a complete new exhaust form head to tail.

I already have the cat picked out heres the link for it: http://www.focusraceparts.com/index....c9128d74f9ce5c

as for the shorty header, id prefer to buy one new.. now you say you have one? my zip code is 12801
Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #18
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

You don't need the EGR, you can just make a block off plate. A uses SVT set up will still cost you less even with the little bit of work needed. Its up to you. I would not waste Amy money on a shorty header... also not to doubt homelessmonkey but that shorty header does not quite look like it would fit a zetec. The runners look like they go way to high above the motor....
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #19
Dardas
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
You don't need the EGR, you can just make a block off plate. A uses SVT set up will still cost you less even with the little bit of work needed. Its up to you. I would not waste Amy money on a shorty header... also not to doubt homelessmonkey but that shorty header does not quite look like it would fit a zetec. The runners look like they go way to high above the motor....
Do you know of any direct bolt on performance headers that will increase HP? and does the cat on the link i sent look like it will fit my car? it says on description "direct fit replacement"
Old 02-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #20
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

There are a hand full but most remove the CAT and require a MIL eliminator. If you dont have any emissions then its not that bad... but if you do then you cant really do that. The SVT header is really not that hard. Hundreds of people on here have done the swap, and there are lots of write ups and how too's.
Hatch Nation #42

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->