Great new for all the audiophile! - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #11
TheDriver916
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96977
What I Drive: 2012 Focus S Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TheDriver916 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wow seems like theirs a little animosity in this thread Hahaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #12
ShogunSamurai2005
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91057
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus 5 dr

FF Reputation: 1 ShogunSamurai2005 Good Standing Member
I wouldnt know since I dont have the sony amp on my focus but I doubt it. I think that amp is only to drive the sub, nothing else. You can, however, tap the spkr wires from the stereo into a hi-low convereter to an amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinadog View Post
Shogun, is there a pre out leading to the Sony amp that you can easily use to drive a real amplifier with?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:27 AM   #13
ShogunSamurai2005
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91057
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus 5 dr

FF Reputation: 1 ShogunSamurai2005 Good Standing Member
I could care much less about my car stereo than my home theater as well. Im quite happy with the way it sounds in my car for now. Besides I only drive for work, 35 miles round trip. Why should I invest more just to hear 5-6 songs per day. Lol

Now..home theater..wacha got? I was a full time home theater installer back in my days. Still am only by side jobs. I currently have a complete most recent model SONY ES setup with Boston Acoustics speakers whole house multi room setup. Costing me over $24k and rising. I have it setup to 4D which not only we could experience 3D but also have the house foundation rumbles with multiple powerful bass shakers. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinstall View Post
Well a single component upgrade will not give you audiophile sound, period. I have more than $3000 in audio and I still do not consider it audiophile quality. My home system on the other hand is audiophile quality. There is a lot more to it than just adding one or two pieces to a system to get audiophile sound. You have to plan a system out and calculate all kinds of factors for sound, reflection, imaging, dampening, resonance, etc.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:52 AM   #14
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalbp View Post
I said 6V but maybe it's more i'm not sure that's what the installer told me as an example to explain me the bit ten. Anyways for all the haters, I can't do anything but say that the bit ten is an outstading product. For all that have money, go buy it without a doubt.
6v is the max input voltage for many amps. My LC6i is set to around 4.8 volts to give me headroom. And noone is hating. Don't come on here getting all defensive because someone replies to your post telling you that one upgrade is not audiophile. They have a point. One upgrade is not audiophile quality... And just because you paid over $500 for an amplified LOC does not make it the best in the world and give you the right to say "for those who have money." lol Many of us have money but we also have enough common sense to actually educate ourselves on things before we start throwing money or bragging about what we bought based on what an installer told you to make him a sell. haha he probably was thinking look, this idiot has no idea what he is doing haha lets sell him the most expensive unit in the store!

I only suggested the Lc6i because it is a great piece of equipment and is a fraction of the cost of the amplified LOC you suggested. Try to be a little less defensive and Welcome to FF
Galatians 6:14
Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #15
pascalbp
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109695
What I Drive: 2012, blue candy, focus

FF Reputation: 1 pascalbp Good Standing Member
Well Crice, for somebody who tells me not to be on defensive, your probably the most defensive here. If you took my comment '' If you have money go get it'' personally, it was not my intention. Did I touch you? Anyways, if 500$ is A LOT of money for you, probably we're not in the same world. Increasing my sound for a high quality system for only 500$, is reasonable for me. When you have money, you can have great thing:)

By the way the installer was my friend :)
Old 02-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #16
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Well Crice, for somebody who tells me not to be on defensive, your probably the most defensive here. If you took my comment '' If you have money go get it'' personally, it was not my intention. Did I touch you? Anyways, if 500$ is A LOT of money for you, probably we're not in the same world. Increasing my sound for a high quality system for only 500$, is reasonable for me. When you have money, you can have great thing:)

By the way the installer was my friend :)
I was not offended in any way... I'm 21 and have a very nice income especially for my age if you want to start comparing salaries I have my w2 from just getting my taxes done(= but that is besides the fact.. I have been on this forum a long time and many of the members here are personal friends. Many of the members on here have higher priorities in their lives that keep them from being able to spend that kind of money on car audio thus I offered a cheaper alternative that yields the same if not better results. What was the ignorant argument you were trying to make again?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #17
pascalbp
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109695
What I Drive: 2012, blue candy, focus

FF Reputation: 1 pascalbp Good Standing Member
lol i'm 23 yrs old, I have my house, I have my business and just get married with my wife. Are you really telling me that I have no priority and no life? It's just a passion for music and car audio, will you realise that and shut your mouth? It's my second topic here cause i'm new, my intention was to inform and HELP everybody that want to change their sound and it's possible to get better. I'm saying that Bit ten D is awesome why the you don't understand that?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #18
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
lol i'm 23 yrs old, I have my house, I have my business and just get married with my wife. Are you really telling me that I have no priority and no life? It's just a passion for music and car audio, will you realise that and shut your mouth? It's my second topic here cause i'm new, my intention was to inform and HELP everybody that want to change their sound and it's possible to get better. I'm saying that Bit ten D is awesome why the you don't understand that?
You will soon learn mods shut down threads like this with stupid arguments. In no way did I say the Bit ten D is not a good piece of equipment. I only stated that a piece of equipment that performs the same function just as good can be had for a fraction of the cost...
Old 02-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #19
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogunSamurai2005 View Post
I could care much less about my car stereo than my home theater as well. Im quite happy with the way it sounds in my car for now. Besides I only drive for work, 35 miles round trip. Why should I invest more just to hear 5-6 songs per day. Lol

Now..home theater..wacha got? I was a full time home theater installer back in my days. Still am only by side jobs. I currently have a complete most recent model SONY ES setup with Boston Acoustics speakers whole house multi room setup. Costing me over $24k and rising. I have it setup to 4D which not only we could experience 3D but also have the house foundation rumbles with multiple powerful bass shakers. Lol
I spend way more time in my vehicles than you do, I have a lot of listening time.

I have 2 channel only, I got away from 7.1 channel systems.

Infinity Kappa 8 Series II
ADCOM 555 II
Yamaha Natural Sound MX-1000
Yamaha Natural Sound 698
3 different DBX processors
Technics SH 8066
JVC TX-55
Sony 5 disc CD, I think it is a N-Series
B&W braided speaker cables, yes they do make cables.
misc cables

Mind you I never need to turn this up past 40%. With the Infinity's there is no need for add a sub, they are plenty good enough. The last system I listened to that was even close to mine was listed at $65,000 at Sound Quest.

MSRP new is around $18,000

At some point I will be adding B&W inwall speakers and Infinity ceiling speakers as well as a 11.1 Yamaha THX receiver

I will never part with my 2-channel system, NEVER.
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->