Anyone know anything about this car? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #11
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmaniaczx3 View Post
screw all that noise with the twin disk. if i ever decide that 450 isnt enough im just going to get a lentech and call it a day. WAY more driveable, faster, more dependable, harder to break, and lasts much longer. a little more than twice the price of a twin disk but when taking into consideration that for the price you get a tranny that will hold over 700wtq, with LSD, trans brake, and you can still pick what gear you want it isnt bad when taking into consideration that with a mtx you still pay for a LSD, and clutch which combined comes to pretty close the price. but now i think ive driven this thread way off topic...
lol lentech never made a trans to hol 700wtq, go ahead call them. also alot of what you stated is just wrong, you know nothing of the reliablity cause you never owned one. Mike has one that i installed and i gaureentee you its more then triple the price of a twindisk i saw the reciete lol and thats thats baddest one you can buy from them.
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
Earls32
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46470
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 Earls32 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
^^^^ I was getting ready to say the exact same thing. Jim and I saw what he paid for it. The twin disk is very very easy to drive, and slip. Like we have stated many times its one of the best mods ever done to the car. The SVT I have CM4 is going out, and I'm putting a twin disk in ASAP. I love the fact you only have to depress the clutch and inch or less to change gears. Just my thoughts. But talk to ( rudel ) he knows what lentech told him it will hold.

Chris
Old 02-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #13
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
im confused then because i know for a fact tom ran a lentech in his drag car that made over 700whp/tq and he then sold that trans which eventually made it to a friend of mine who is still running it at the 425whp/tq range daily. as of a few months ago he has put 30k miles on the car with the lentech with hundreds of track runs with no issues. that already beat the twin disk in longevity. what was it you told me? i will be lucky to get 15-20k miles out of the twin disk? and you also told me that the twin disk is very finicky and tough to drive where as the lentech is not. make up your minds! obviously i dont know anything about the twin disk from personal experience! why the hell do you think ive been pestering the ever loving shite out of you guys for the last 2 months? and lentech CAN make a ATX hold over 700whp/tq upon special request. i spoke with them over the phone a few weeks ago and they quoted me $4200 for one. the terminator that they offer on their site is rated at 500whp and is $3k. let me factor in cost on the two with ATX vs MTX here

ATX $4200. it has EVERYTHING ready to go.
MTX from a junk yard $200. quaife LSD $900+, twin disk clutch $1400, so already we are at about half the price of the lentech. but how many times are you going to have to replace that clutch? because this is a money spent over time deal as well. the lentech can get over 70k miles if its very well taken care of and you dont abuse it all the time. how many clutches would you have to replace in 70k miles?

im not trying to be an ass, im just taking the information that i have gathered and making the most logical assessment that i can with what i have. if the information that i gathered is wrong then my assessment is wrong, plain and simple. but as of now i have to go off the information that other people give me because i have no PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with either the twin disk OR the lentech as of right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #14
turbosvtfocus04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100806
What I Drive: 2004 black svt

FF Reputation: 1 turbosvtfocus04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ill pick twin disc. Of course it will be hard to drive at first since it is very graby. I've driven a twin disc and yes it was hard for a couple of times but I got used to it very quickly and it wasn't that bad to drive.

Also, (Roush can correct me if I'm wrong) you can either send the twin disc back if went out and they will send you a new disc for quarter of the price.

As for Tom's 700whp drag car, is there any proof???
Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #15
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

ask him about it. it got him 10.95 on radials, not slicks. could have gone very low 10s or high 9s i bet if he would have really launched the crap out of it on good tires but he built that car to be capable of driving from his house to the track and back. he wasnt a fan of having to replace snapped axles and motor mounts every time he went out and having to trailer the car.

and thats interesting about the twin disk but still, how long does it last?? if that is the case then i will happily admit defeat and take the twin disk over the ATX. but that is provided that i even WANT any more power than what the fx400 can handle.
Quote:
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #16
turbosvtfocus04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100806
What I Drive: 2004 black svt

FF Reputation: 1 turbosvtfocus04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
10.90 at what mph?
If you want something to last than do have high horsepower goals. Once going higher horsepower the life of the part decreases. Hell if he got 15k miles at 600whp and that's a bunch of track runs ill take it. I don't look to see how long parts will last I look at the part to do the job. Twin discs are meant for racing purposes.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #17
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

dont know what the MPH was off hand. like i said, ask the man if you're curious.

and i guess thats where you and i differ. i see no reason why it cant be built to last as well. it can and will last if its taken care of and isnt beaten like a red headed step child every minute of every day at the track on slicks. maybe its a pipe dream on my part. time will tell i guess. one way or another im going to find out for myself pretty soon

which reminds me, ill have to give mi amigo tony a holler to see if he can get on here and post some info on his car. he isnt very big on internet forums. his engine has right around 65k-70k on it since it was built and its never seen less than 370whp/tq since that day. he ran several different clutches and never found one to last more than 10k so he grabbed toms old lentech awhile back and hasnt had an issue since.
Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #18
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Saving this post for when I get home from the lightning game to reply. There some things your not factoring in and there something about the twin disk that can vary.
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me
Old 02-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #19
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Ok thanks. This is another subject that I really want as much info on as possible before I come to a decision for myself.
Quote:
Old 02-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #20
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!

Fan#: 32772
What I Drive: Miata, STi, GSXR1k

FF Reputation: 54 Turbo Turtle Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosvtfocus04 View Post
10.90 at what mph?
all the info is old and was done a long time ago but search still works

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...threadid=51726

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f106...to-10s-156705/

that was pretty much the start of all the debates and crap. if i were tom i would do just like him and just say nothing, its been going on for over a decade and who cares if they believe him. he has done a lot of work with the focus and is obviously good

Tim

facebook.com/TurboTurtleGarage
TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com

Bookmarks & Social Networks