"How To" SVT & Zetec Power Steering Pump & Line Replacement - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #11
FLZ_Boy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104842
What I Drive: 2000 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 FLZ_Boy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Makes sense. At this point, I think I'll just deal with the complete PS high pressure line and replace from the rack up. Looks a bit easier to do that then negotciate with the old fitting and old PS line. Thanks for the insight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #12
BC_ZX3
DTC P0606

Fan#: 48751
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3 Turbo

FF Reputation: 86 BC_ZX3 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
PS line - Ford part # 1S4Z-3A719-MA for 00-04 Focus.
Good luck.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #13
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I just did a zetec swap and I went and ordered a new line at the local parts store. It came with everything I needed to put it on. O-ring and everything. I found the most difficult thing to do when switching lines was getting the old line off the rack. Takes a lot of choice words and a pry bar for leverage and a hammer (also for leverage on the prybar). I think I paid 45ish bucks or something. You can get a much better price on rockauto.com, I just didn't want to wait to for shipping.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #14
stivo
Hiyadoin'

Fan#: 48389
What I Drive: 2004 Infrared SVT, EAP #1440

FF Reputation: 9 stivo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
almost done with this job... it's been a wrestling match the whole way. fun fun!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #15
ALLTOOEZ
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108977
What I Drive: 2002 SVT FOCUS , SONIC BLUE

FF Reputation: 1 ALLTOOEZ Good Standing Member
Question Power Steering leak

Hi, I have searched the various threads to no avail. I need to replace the little o-rings on the pressure and return lines at the rack. Where to get these? What size are they? The how-to sticky shows this as an optional step but thats where my leak is. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #16
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I had new o-rings come with my new line. I would imagine you could get them at a ford dealer, if not out of a assortment kit at a autoparts store. If all fails check out a hardwear store.

Sent from 34.0764 N, 118.4296 W
Old 04-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #17
nvmaddog
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68677
What I Drive: 2002 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 nvmaddog Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTOOEZ View Post
Hi, I have searched the various threads to no avail. I need to replace the little o-rings on the pressure and return lines at the rack. Where to get these? What size are they? The how-to sticky shows this as an optional step but thats where my leak is. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Having this exact same issue, did you ever figure out where to get them or how to replace them?

Thanks
2002 Red 3 Door SVTF #2458
Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #18
ALLTOOEZ
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108977
What I Drive: 2002 SVT FOCUS , SONIC BLUE

FF Reputation: 1 ALLTOOEZ Good Standing Member
I found two options. First, you can order from the Ford dealer. They want $6.00 for one and $10.00 for the other. I was shocked that I would end up paying almost $20.00 with tax for two tiny orings. I know its not alot of money but its the principal of it. Thats just absurd!! The second option was to take off the two orings, and bring them to Napa auto parts. They had two large containers of orings .One was sae the other metric. I found two that were very close in size, ever so slightly larger than the stock ones. I did not record the sizes unfortunately. Removal is a pain but doable. I removed the dogbone mount for clearance. after puling the single bolt out of the mounting plate the lines pull right out. I made a small hook out of a large needle so i could remove the stock orings without tearing them. that way i could try to match them up better. Install is easier and just the reverse of removal. Leak fixed :) hope that helps.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #19
nvmaddog
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68677
What I Drive: 2002 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 nvmaddog Good Standing Member
Lifesaver man, thank you very much.
2002 Red 3 Door SVTF #2458
Old 02-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #20
cheap sleeper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59848
What I Drive: 2001 black zx3

FF Reputation: 3 cheap sleeper Good Standing Member
I apologize for revival of this thread, but may I ask if anyone out there had their pump live through a full dump of the fluid, to the point where you finished the drive home with no power steering?

Long story, but it dumped, I refilled to finish a small trip, it dumped again from full before I made it home. It was obviously making racket, but didn't sound like things were breaking, more of just a fine vibration. I have the leak from the ps line to the nut (upper black ring). I drove about 25 minutes with zero ps. Anyone else do that and the pump still work? Gonna put new ends on tomorrow, just curious if I HAVE to get a pump. Much thanks to everyone in this thread, great ppl on this whole forum!

Bookmarks & Social Networks