Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it - Page 37 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #361
PraiseYah
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 105480
Location: Memphis, TN
What I Drive: 2012 White SEL

Posts: 1
FF Reputation: 1 PraiseYah Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Feedback for the OP - turning traction control off definitely makes for smoother start from stop. Thanks for the tip! I just wish it would stay off.
Build date: 11/11
Miles: 9707
TSB 12B37 applied
PraiseYah is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #362
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,063
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraiseYah View Post
Feedback for the OP - turning traction control off definitely makes for smoother start from stop. Thanks for the tip! I just wish it would stay off.
Build date: 11/11
Miles: 9707
TSB 12B37 applied
Hi PraiseYah,

Could you send me a PM with your VIN? I want to add you to my spreadsheet of people who successfully used the Traction Control fix.

Thanks!
Crystal
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:42 AM   #363
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast
 
6769MOPARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86108
Location: Powder Springs, GA
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

Posts: 431
FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi PraiseYah,

Could you send me a PM with your VIN? I want to add you to my spreadsheet of people who successfully used the Traction Control fix.

Thanks!
Crystal
Crystal, I tried it on my wife's Focus. Turning off the TC reduces the shudder which is very slight on her car and is only noticable on starting up from a dead stop once the car has warmed up. However, I hardly ever drive it and she would never bother to turn TC off. She presses the start button and goes!
6769MOPARS is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #364
ianq01
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94341
Location: Toronto, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatchback

Posts: 23
FF Reputation: 1 ianq01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have been running for about a month now testing TC off, TC on, to see if it removed the shudder I experience since having 12B37 installed back in June.

I see some improvement; it doesn't completely address my shuddering issues, but there is definitely an improvement, so I think there is something there that should be investigated by Ford.

Will send off my VIN to Crystal...
ianq01 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #365
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,063
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
Crystal, I tried it on my wife's Focus. Turning off the TC reduces the shudder which is very slight on her car and is only noticable on starting up from a dead stop once the car has warmed up. However, I hardly ever drive it and she would never bother to turn TC off. She presses the start button and goes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianq01 View Post
I have been running for about a month now testing TC off, TC on, to see if it removed the shudder I experience since having 12B37 installed back in June.

I see some improvement; it doesn't completely address my shuddering issues, but there is definitely an improvement, so I think there is something there that should be investigated by Ford.

Will send off my VIN to Crystal...
Thanks, both of you, for following up. 6769MOPARS - would you mind sending me your VIN via PM? I'd like to add you to my list.

ianq01: I received your PM and added you to my list. Thanks so much!

Have a great day,
Crystal
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #366
bassmobile
Focus Enthusiast
 
bassmobile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95742
Location: Delray Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Titanium Focus

Posts: 182
FF Reputation: 2 bassmobile Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Thanks, both of you, for following up. 6769MOPARS - would you mind sending me your VIN via PM? I'd like to add you to my list.

ianq01: I received your PM and added you to my list. Thanks so much!

Have a great day,
Crystal
So how many VINs do you have on your list so far?
bassmobile is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #367
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 94835
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

Posts: 356
FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmobile View Post
So how many VINs do you have on your list so far?
How many 2012 FF DCT models did Ford sell this year? I kid.....
__________________
2012 Focus SEL 5 door 303a w/Lux pkg in KonaBlue
2012 Escape Limited w/park assist
2010 F150 Supercrew XTR 5.4 4x4
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
pozi240 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #368
PratoN
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 3,499
FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
FYI: PM'd.
__________________
2012 FF Ti HB Kona Blue, Built 5/24/2011, 401A + Ti Handling Package, Parking Technology Package, Winter Package, Moonroof, and MFT w/NAV at v3.6 80k miles and counting...
PratoN is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #369
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 11,642
FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
How many 2012 FF DCT models did Ford sell this year? I kid.....
Yeah, some how I know that they know the exact number sold, but at the same time not 100% of those were experiencing these issues, therefore also given their track record of new updates in general for the power train, or even non critical systems like MFT have tended to cause more headaches for some people than they were intended to fix.

Now as a disaster magnet I would think I'd be a prime candidate to have the shuddering issue if it was in every unit built and sold, but so far the car drives well even though it keeps getting run into/ hit by debris/ etc.

Is it a disproportionately large number with issues? Possibly, and that does not reflect well on long term durabilty of the newer technology.
__________________
Moderator for: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus
suss6052 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #370
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic
 
HornedFrog05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97892
Location: Dallas, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

Posts: 2,268
FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Mine still shudders, the Traction control does little to nothing to help the situation. I just got it back from the dealer for this and another issue (front-end clunk) and it didn't really seem to change anything (drove smooth home from the dealer, then came back about 2 hours later). My car drove great until June when they installed the update and now it's just unbearable.

It's been reprogrammed 4 times with no improvements, at which point so I worry about something mechanical being wrong with the transmission?
HornedFrog05 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.