Factory Stereo with Sirius question - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
Elvis_66
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109977
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Hatchback SE

FF Reputation: 1 Elvis_66 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Factory Stereo with Sirius question

I just bought my 2012 Hatchback with Sport Package. I have 2 questions:

I was noticing that I have to fade the speakers to about 3/4 towards the back speakers to get a good balance in the cabin. Are the rear speakers supposed to have that much of a difference in output. It seems that you should have the same volume output when fade is set to the neutral position.

Also, I have a Kenwood KSC-SW10 self powered sub woofer that I would like to install. Does the factory stereo have RCA outputs? I have tried to find photos that show the wiring harness and back of stock stereo with no luck.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
ShoOff
Focus Addict

Fan#: 109590
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 15 ShoOff Great Standing Member
There are no rca outlets on the factory radio. You have to get a l.o.c. to tie into the rear speaker lines. As for the fade i have a 2013 hatch and dont notice that
Old 02-17-2013, 02:22 AM   #3
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
the fade is about right. think about the distances of the speakers to you. the fronts are pretty close and the rears are several feet with the seat back in between.
If the fade were in a neutral position so it sounded good to you in front as your thinking it should, it would be loud as hell to someone in the back seat.
sit up front and listen to some music like you usually do, then hop in the back seat and you'll see what I mean. Now you know why your friends riding back there are always going "what?" when you say something....lol
Old 02-17-2013, 03:28 AM   #4
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Moved to "Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics".
Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Elvis_66
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109977
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Hatchback SE

FF Reputation: 1 Elvis_66 Good Standing Member
I realize there should be a difference between front and rear, however, the difference between front and back on this vehicle, in my opinion based on all the other cars I have owned, is pretty significant.

I am not a rookie when it comes to stereos, far from an expert, but I know my way around and have a pretty extensive background in Recording Arts (running sound for bands and churches).

In almost all my other vehicles, including the 97 Mercury Grand Marquis I just sold to get this one, I only needed to fade 1 click to the rear to get the balance of sound I like when I am the only one in the car. I have to fade almost all the way to the rear to get the sound to balance.

I also am not impressed with the sound quality, and was thinking this could be part of the problem. I have never had a sound system in a Ford that sounded this poorly.

Bookmarks & Social Networks