Is this really normal? - Page 17 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #161
riparke
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95781
What I Drive: 2012,red,se,hatch,manual,sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 riparke Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
"Well Ford has no control over it as dealerships are independent"...I call bullshit! Ford can take away their ability to preform warranty services and can also remove the ability for them to use Ford Credit, they have control. Hell they could probably even stop selling cars to them.
The only theories I can come up with is that:
1) Non-warranty work is more lucrative
2) Warranty claims are actively denied by Ford making repairs risky
3) Ford is actually hearing customer concerns on the helpline and then denying repairs

Has anyone had success with a CSR/CSM pressuring a dealership to do more to repair their cars?

NO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #162
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Good points ^^

It is disturbing to read that some are getting their Powershift issues fixes while others are repeatedly being denied.

I wish the customer service reps monitoring this form could comment on why this is happening.
Is it the regional reps causing this to happen?
Is it Ford N.A. worried about their yearly warranty ratings?
Is it something to do with the relationship ratings between the dealership and Ford HQ?
Is it how the dealership service department reports the problems or their findings?

Something is very, very askew in this game, and I feel for the owners who just want a pleasant Focus ownership experience, but it is obvious some are not being treated equally, and sadly we will never really know what that reason is.
+1 - I had a great experience with my dealer on the clutch grinding issue. They recognized my problem with little evidence (it did not grind as much as usual during the test drive with the tech), they seemed to recognize that there is an overall problem, they replaced my clutches quickly and professionally under warrant and, the work has held up well for several months so far.

Given the number of times this issue is occurring, and that the clutch replacements getting done by many dealers are clearly working, it's very sad and disturbing to hear that many dealers are refusing to address it and try to give the lame excuse that it is normal.

It's even more disturbing to have an actual Ford CS rep interacting on this forum who is not given the authority to properly respond to this issue and guide customer to proper resolution. It must be very frustrating for that person to be relegated to the position of having to tell people over and over again to get in touch with other reps knowing full well that this advice is not helping in many cases.

This is the kind of thing that drives customers away from a potentially good product for no good reason.

So sad.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #163
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul21 View Post
3) Ford is actually hearing customer concerns on the helpline and then denying repairs

Has anyone had success with a CSR/CSM pressuring a dealership to do more to repair their cars?
Add 4) Ford telling dealers to ignore it to the list and im pretty sure you have nailed all of the possibilities.

I guess there have been some that have had success with getting the CSM to help but I personally have not had that experience
Quote:
Good points ^^

It is disturbing to read that some are getting their Powershift issues fixes while others are repeatedly being denied.

I wish the customer service reps monitoring this form could comment on why this is happening.
Is it the regional reps causing this to happen?
Is it Ford N.A. worried about their yearly warranty ratings?
Is it something to do with the relationship ratings between the dealership and Ford HQ?
Is it how the dealership service department reports the problems or their findings?

Something is very, very askew in this game, and I feel for the owners who just want a pleasant Focus ownership experience, but it is obvious some are not being treated equally, and sadly we will never really know what that reason is.
I believe that it is something higher than the dealer level. I mean when the car has been to two separate dealerships and they tell me both times "Ford states this is normal operation" that leads me to theorize that HQ has issued some kind of do not fix order for unknown reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riparke View Post
Quote:
"Well Ford has no control over it as dealerships are independent"...I call bullshit! Ford can take away their ability to preform warranty services and can also remove the ability for them to use Ford Credit, they have control. Hell they could probably even stop selling cars to them.

NO
Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
+1 - I had a great experience with my dealer on the clutch grinding issue. They recognized my problem with little evidence (it did not grind as much as usual during the test drive with the tech), they seemed to recognize that there is an overall problem, they replaced my clutches quickly and professionally under warrant and, the work has held up well for several months so far.

Given the number of times this issue is occurring, and that the clutch replacements getting done by many dealers are clearly working, it's very sad and disturbing to hear that many dealers are refusing to address it and try to give the lame excuse that it is normal.

It's even more disturbing to have an actual Ford CS rep interacting on this forum who is not given the authority to properly respond to this issue and guide customer to proper resolution. It must be very frustrating for that person to be relegated to the position of having to tell people over and over again to get in touch with other reps knowing full well that this advice is not helping in many cases.

This is the kind of thing that drives customers away from a potentially good product for no good reason.

So sad.
I've told many to go with other manufactures simply because of this. I hate to trash the Focus as a whole but with my experience I would never let a close friend or relative but one of these cars. I've had three people ask me about the Focus and straight up told them "its a POS". One bought an ILX (a civic ), another a Dodge Dart, and finally Honda Accord; so at least I know I have "saved" a few . I've had random people ask me about it and tell them the same thing, my honest review. As to weather they choose a different car who knows

I agree about the CS thing as well. There needs to be a direct channel for Cory and other CS reps to communicate with dealers and Ford HQ to resolve issues. This compartmentalized system they have now does not seem to be doing so well.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #164
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 11 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
I believe that it is something higher than the dealer level. I mean when the car has been to two separate dealerships and they tell me both times "Ford states this is normal operation" that leads me to theorize that HQ has issued some kind of do not fix order for unknown reasons.
But what has caused your car to be "red" flagged?

It makes me assume the original report to Ford HQ from either the dealership service department or the regional rep is what has poisoned your situation.

Why else would Ford HQ signal out your car as not being a valid case for warranty work?

Last edited by GhiaFan; 02-18-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #165
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
But what has caused your car to be "red" flagged?

It makes me asume the original report to Ford HQ from either the dealership service department or the regional rep is what has poisoned your situation.

Why else would Ford HQ signal out your car as not being a valid case for warranty work?
You have a VERY good point there!

Could it be something like the build date? or maybe even the region of the U.S. where I live?

Definitely makes me wonder
Old 02-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #166
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

The Focus is at the dealer again

I am thankful that they at least give loaners at mine though. I'm actually in a VW Jetta ironically The 5-Clyinder sounds cool, interior is kind of cheap though.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #167
ctvfam
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106805
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 1 ctvfam Good Standing Member
My mother in law bought a 12' titanium sportpackage during christmas after she saw mine.

I got to see it the first time this weekend and it drives Horrible! Severe chatter and grinding noise in between gears. I had her drive mine to see that it is not normal.

Good news is she took it to the dealer today and they gave her a loaner and are repairing the transmission. I have not seen the paperwork but I will find out what they found and what they did and give you all the outcome....

Cross your fingers for her and stay tuned.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #168
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctvfam View Post
My mother in law bought a 12' titanium sportpackage during christmas after she saw mine.

I got to see it the first time this weekend and it drives Horrible! Severe chatter and grinding noise in between gears. I had her drive mine to see that it is not normal.

Good news is she took it to the dealer today and they gave her a loaner and are repairing the transmission. I have not seen the paperwork but I will find out what they found and what they did and give you all the outcome....

Cross your fingers for her and stay tuned.
Hope all goes well ctvfam! Report back on what they find.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #169
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
My car is still in the shop. They are going to replace one upper strut mount after having an obvious noise demonstrated. Of course both strut mounts were incorrectly installed by Hines Park Ford, but they are only going to replace one. This is the very definition of HALF-ASSED... but completely in line with what I've come to expect.

They also reprogrammed my transmission and ECU. Because that will fix a mechanical vibration, right? LOL

BTW, my Ford CSR left me with the distinct impression that she was doing to schedule an appointment with the new dealership last week, and of course she did not... when I dropped the car off on Friday, they had no record of any appointment being made. This keeps their perfect record intact: Ford's 'customer service' has never done a single thing to assist me, ever.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #170
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
My car is still in the shop. They are going to replace one upper strut mount after having an obvious noise demonstrated. Of course both strut mounts were incorrectly installed by Hines Park Ford, but they are only going to replace one. This is the very definition of HALF-ASSED... but completely in line with what I've come to expect.

They also reprogrammed my transmission and ECU. Because that will fix a mechanical vibration, right? LOL

BTW, my Ford CSR left me with the distinct impression that she was doing to schedule an appointment with the new dealership last week, and of course she did not... when I dropped the car off on Friday, they had no record of any appointment being made. This keeps their perfect record intact: Ford's 'customer service' has never done a single thing to assist me, ever.
My CSM hasn't called me back in over a week so I feel ya on that.

I just can't believe the amount of problems you are having...and they way they are treating you...its ridiculous.

ECU reprograming fixes everything Strix! Gosh don't you know this

Bookmarks & Social Networks