Is this really normal? - Page 16 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #151
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post
I have an interesting idea for you. Take it to the dealer and find the used car manager. Tell him you want to trade it in. Ask the used car manager to give you a value. Have him drive it. If he's any good he will document all the issues so he can low ball you on a value. Take that to the service manger or the GM of the dealership.
Good idea! I might do that when it gets warm out so that I can roll down the windows and you can really hear the chatter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #152
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
That's pretty much what my 3rd dealer I visited told me. Agreed there was something wrong in the test drive, then deny all liability when I go to pick up my car. Ugh. I seriously think they're just waiting for my warranty to run out. Do I have to tell them that I have an extended warranty when I go in at 60k miles? I feel that if I do, they'll turn me down for another 65k miles until I have to pay out-of-pocket.
There is definitely something going on! I have EasyCare but I have a feeling that it won't cover the clutches because if you think about it they are "wear and tear" items which scares me. If it walks like a duck and talks like one then...aflack
Old 02-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #153
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post
I have an interesting idea for you. Take it to the dealer and find the used car manager. Tell him you want to trade it in. Ask the used car manager to give you a value. Have him drive it. If he's any good he will document all the issues so he can low ball you on a value. Take that to the service manger or the GM of the dealership.
Hey thats not a bad idea at all! "I notice its very jerky and there is some weird noises; probably a transmission issue that well have to fix" . That just might be crazy enough to work Pendarus
Old 02-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #154
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
There is definitely something going on! I have EasyCare but I have a feeling that it won't cover the clutches because if you think about it they are "wear and tear" items which scares me. If it walks like a duck and talks like one then...aflack
Ford confirmed that the clutch would be included under the ESP warranties.

My second dealer told me the DCT clutch is only covered for 1 year / 12k miles and I told him to eat a dick because clutches can last over 100k miles so there's no reason a computer-controlled clutch shouldn't be able to.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #155
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
I was told today that they are covered under the 5/60 powertrain warranty.

Quote:
My second dealer told me the DCT clutch is only covered for 1 year / 12k miles
Why are Ford dealership employees allowed to say any stupid shit they feel like? It seems like they just make stuff up and lie through their teeth.

Why does Ford allow this? Is there no accountability for these people?
Old 02-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #156
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:

My second dealer told me the DCT clutch is only covered for 1 year / 12k miles and I told him to eat a dick because clutches can last over 100k miles so there's no reason a computer-controlled clutch shouldn't be able to.
I hope they honor that. I just imagine them saying "the clutches are wear and tear items" and that "its not the computers fault its ruined", I have that low of expectations lol.

"I told him to eat a dick" - hahahahaaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post

Why are Ford dealership employees allowed to say any stupid shit they feel like? It seems like they just make stuff up and lie through their teeth.

"Well Ford has no control over it as dealerships are independent"...I call bullshit! Ford can take away their ability to preform warranty services and can also remove the ability for them to use Ford Credit, they have control. Hell they could probably even stop selling cars to them.

Ford is up there with Sprint on companies who have screwed me over
Old 02-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #157
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Update time! Just because

The CSM has not returned my calls or answered emails that I have sent. The car is still making the noise so that has not changed however I am noticing that when I am going up a parking structure or really any grade it seems to be "slipping". Kind of like its not locked into gear or something? I could wrong though
Old 02-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #158
F35-JSF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 102775
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black SE, 08' ZZR-600

FF Reputation: 2 F35-JSF Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post

I imagine Ford doesn't know or care. For every person that says, "That's BS! fix my car"! There are probably 20 that either accept it as normal or sells the car leting Ford skip out on a repair bill.
:lol:Modding is whatever you define it as. Some people wanna boost, some people need 10 TVs, and some of these homos feel compelled to LED their cars front to back.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:59 AM   #159
paul21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87707
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 0 paul21 Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
"Well Ford has no control over it as dealerships are independent"...I call bullshit! Ford can take away their ability to preform warranty services and can also remove the ability for them to use Ford Credit, they have control. Hell they could probably even stop selling cars to them.
The only theories I can come up with is that:
1) Non-warranty work is more lucrative
2) Warranty claims are actively denied by Ford making repairs risky
3) Ford is actually hearing customer concerns on the helpline and then denying repairs

Has anyone had success with a CSR/CSM pressuring a dealership to do more to repair their cars?
Old 02-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #160
GhiaFan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 9 GhiaFan Good Standing Member
Good points ^^

It is disturbing to read that some are getting their Powershift issues fixes while others are repeatedly being denied.

I wish the customer service reps monitoring this form could comment on why this is happening.
Is it the regional reps causing this to happen?
Is it Ford N.A. worried about their yearly warranty ratings?
Is it something to do with the relationship ratings between the dealership and Ford HQ?
Is it how the dealership service department reports the problems or their findings?

Something is very, very askew in this game, and I feel for the owners who just want a pleasant Focus ownership experience, but it is obvious some are not being treated equally, and sadly we will never really know what that reason is.

Bookmarks & Social Networks