My Ford Touch Thread - Page 291 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #2901
skypilotofhope
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98569
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Hatchback SEL

FF Reputation: 1 skypilotofhope Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Bluetooth problem w/ BB10

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
BB10 looks pretty snazzy, I'm hoping it really does well.
I can confirm that the new BB Z10 syncs nicely and works well (with exception of some text messaging problems).

Biggest problem for me is that the Bluetooth audio is choopy and I don't know if this is on the Z10 or the MFT end? Songs will play nicely and then periodic, annoying chops or breaks in the music. Arrrgggh! Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #2902
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilotofhope View Post
I can confirm that the new BB Z10 syncs nicely and works well (with exception of some text messaging problems).

Biggest problem for me is that the Bluetooth audio is choopy and I don't know if this is on the Z10 or the MFT end? Songs will play nicely and then periodic, annoying chops or breaks in the music. Arrrgggh! Any suggestions?
Somebody said it was the phone book data syncing with MFT and recommended turning auto sync off.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #2903
skypilotofhope
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
Somebody said it was the phone book data syncing with MFT and recommended turning auto sync off.

Hmmm, I'll give that a whirl tomorrow. Thx.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #2904
skypilotofhope
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:

YES!!! That was it! I turned off the auto phonebook and, presto! Thanks for sharing this.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #2905
kosh56
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110295
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus

FF Reputation: 1 kosh56 Good Standing Member
I just got my 2013 Focus Titanium with MFT.
When I stream Pandora or Slacker I get "Unknown" for Artist and song.
Is this expected behavior or am I doing something wrong?
Old 02-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #2906
slybarman
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh56 View Post
That is all I ever got.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #2907
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh56 View Post
Quote:
That is all I ever got.

What kind of phone are you using kosh? slybarman I see you're using a Note 2. I don't believe the Note 2 supports pushing artist/song info over bluetooth, oddly enough. Neither does my Nexus 4, but instead of unknown it just says Nexus 4 on screen.

Your phone's implementation of BT needs to support pushing that metadata over the BT connection.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 02-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #2908
kosh56
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110295
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus

FF Reputation: 1 kosh56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
What kind of phone are you using kosh? slybarman I see you're using a Note 2. I don't believe the Note 2 supports pushing artist/song info over bluetooth, oddly enough. Neither does my Nexus 4, but instead of unknown it just says Nexus 4 on screen.

Your phone's implementation of BT needs to support pushing that metadata over the BT connection.
Feta, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm thinking that if the Note 2 doesn't support it then the S3 probably doesn't either.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #2909
unistyle
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106959
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 unistyle Good Standing Member
Quote:

A lot of misinformation here. I thought I would clear up a few things. All of the Android phones that have been listed in the last few pages completely support AVRCP 1.3 and are all capable of metadata over Bluetooth. If your phone is running a version of Android 4.2 or newer, you currently do not have working Bluetooth metadata. The reason for this is because at 4.2, Android Open Source Project dropped the BlueZ stack and replaced it with the Bluedroid stack that was provided by Broadcom. The stack must now be completely reworked for the many Bluetooth chips found in all of these phones, many of which are not even Broadcom chips.

This is the reason why anyone running 4.2 or 4.2.1 has noticeably lower quality Bluetooth audio streaming. A lot of the high-end audio frequencies have distortion, and there is a lot of the low-end bass frequencies that are straight up missing. If and when you upgrade to 4.2.2, which just came out, you will notice a considerable boost overall in audio streaming over Bluetooth. The difference is large enough that you will probably have to adjust your equalizer. A large amount of the fixes that are included in 4.2.2 are specifically targeted at Bluetooth and all the problems it is having due to the new Bluedroid stack.

Unfortunately, there is still no fix for Bluetooth metadata, even with the 4.2.2 update. As a Galaxy Nexus owner whose Bluetooth metadata used to work just fine, I am really hoping this is fixed in 4.2.3.

Last edited by unistyle; 02-28-2013 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Linked a source
Old 02-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #2910
slybarman
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unistyle View Post
A lot of misinformation here. I thought I would clear up a few things. All of the Android phones that have been listed in the last few pages completely support AVRCP 1.3 and are all capable of metadata over Bluetooth. If your phone is running a version of Android 4.2 or newer, you currently do not have working Bluetooth metadata. The reason for this is because at 4.2, Android Open Source Project dropped the BlueZ stack and replaced it with the Bluedroid stack that was provided by Broadcom. The stack must now be completely reworked for the many Bluetooth chips found in all of these phones, many of which are not even Broadcom chips.

This is the reason why anyone running 4.2 or 4.2.1 has noticeably lower quality Bluetooth audio streaming. A lot of the high-end audio frequencies have distortion, and there is a lot of the low-end bass frequencies that are straight up missing. If and when you upgrade to 4.2.2, which just came out, you will notice a considerable boost overall in audio streaming over Bluetooth. The difference is large enough that you will probably have to adjust your equalizer. A large amount of the fixes that are included in 4.2.2 are specifically targeted at Bluetooth and all the problems it is having.

Unfortunately, there is still no fix for Bluetooth metadata, even with the 4.2.2 update. As a Galaxy Nexus owner whose Bluetooth metadata used to work just fine, I am really hoping this is fixed in 4.2.3.
I have a galaxy note 2 running 4.1. I get metadata when I stream an mp3 that is stored locally on the device. What we were talking about was metadata from streaming services such as pandora, slacker, or songza. My old radio - a $99 JVC would display the metadata from these streaming services, MFT does not.

Bookmarks & Social Networks