Limit of Stock Zetec? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #11
drunkyoda
Hmmmmm

Fan#: 65151
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black LX

FF Reputation: 9 drunkyoda Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
so by what this thread is saying... its all speculation... i could max any where from 220-270 whp or about 250 wtq...

well i would be the first but i dont know if i really wanna blow my engine.. XD

maybe a little down the road when i have a backup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!

Fan#: 32772
What I Drive: Miata, STi, GSXR1k

FF Reputation: 54 Turbo Turtle Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (25)
the zetec engine can hold a lot of power its just how long are you going to be able to hold that power before the engine gives out. it will probably hold up to 300whp on the dyno but might go on the way home you never know. i ran 220whp on stock engine for 2 years just fine. 220 to 250whp is what most run and do not have problems. the further you push the higher your raising your chances of it letting go. its that simple. there is not an exact number like saying "250 wont break it but 260 will"

its not speculation though. doing enough searching over the years this forum has been up will show plenty of blown engines and what power level they let go at. it has been tested lol. also its not always power that makes these engines let go. no matter what power you make you have to have to tuned good.

psi does not matter. running 12psi though a straw will not be the same air flow as running 12psi through a fire hose. the larger the turbo the less boost you need to make the same power. i made nearly 100 more hp on the same boost with a larger turbo. its the torque that kills the engine not psi

Tim

facebook.com/TurboTurtleGarage
TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com
Old 02-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #13
drunkyoda
Hmmmmm

Fan#: 65151
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black LX

FF Reputation: 9 drunkyoda Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
thanks turbo. that is pretty much what i thought. im just trying to find a round about number... ill prob stay around 220-230 to be safe
Old 02-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #14
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
yes but the only problem with a bigger turbo at 12 psi is you will have little to no power through the rpms then bout 4k or so it will jump to 12 instantly. wich is why I chose something in the middle. its not huge nor is it a little turbo. 55mm IMO is a good size. see full boost by 4200 rpm and has great powerband all the way to redline
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK130 WHP 124 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON

Bookmarks & Social Networks