DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 189 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #1881
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
...In addition, I want to commend the Ford customer service reps both here and at the ford focus facebook page for their continued, sincere efforts in helping people get escalations and resolutions.
Thanks, mr_cassandra! We're always happy to do what we can to help.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #1882
mjb457
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96645
What I Drive: 12 Focus SE , 03 PT Cruiser GT

FF Reputation: 0 mjb457 Newbie
Ford Rep: You all do a great job handling all these issues on here! I do think Ford should take it a step farther though ......& warrant the DCT 10 years 100k miles like Hyundaii( did anybody see the lastest consumer reports---Domestics slipping again! A warranty will make the factory step it up a notch to save $$ in my mind--- just annother idea,,MJB
Old 02-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #1883
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb457 View Post
FI do think Ford should take it a step farther though ......& warrant the DCT 10 years 100k miles...
Screw the extended warranty; I already paid for that. Besides, it won't do you any good if your condition is labeled "normal."

Why don't they start by fixing the broken vehicles that are still under warranty?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #1884
TooTall
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91532
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TooTall Good Standing Member
Quote:
Ford Rep: You all do a great job handling all these issues on here! I do think Ford should take it a step farther though ......& warrant the DCT 10 years 100k miles like Hyundaii( did anybody see the lastest consumer reports---Domestics slipping again! A warranty will make the factory step it up a notch to save $$ in my mind--- just annother idea,,MJB
mjb457, Extending the warranty sounds like the right thing to do.

I am very pleased with my Focus after receiving extensive repair on the DCT. An extended warranty on the DCT would relieve the concern of having to pay for a new transmission if the problems of the past come back on us.

Man up Ford. Do the right thing.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #1885
NemesisPrime
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 110427
What I Drive: 2012 FF Ti Hatch, Tux Black, 18"

FF Reputation: 1 NemesisPrime Good Standing Member
My car is running near flawless and without these transmission of doom issues but I second the motion that if FORD wants to pull its ass out of the fire and restore both customer loyalty and trust in is products, it better be ready to strand behind this tranny and protect it's Guinea pig Beta testers for the long haul... A 100k mile warranty on the trans would make me feel like FORD its doing right and I'd get another FORD in 7 years when my mid life crisis kicks in.

Otherwise I'll go get an import.
MFT 8" Screen w/NAV w/Sync Gen2 - V3.6.2
Michigan ASSE - Build Date: 06.xx.2011 w/Cust.Sat.Prog. #12B37 applied
Old 02-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #1886
NemesisPrime
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

As an aside, my car is running fine after the recall/reprogram but I did at one point in time in my cars history i:

- did lose all forward momentum and power merging onto a highway (one time only)
- made shuddering vibrations
- heard rattles/marbles while driving by parked cars or tunnels/overpasses
- a loud horrifying scrape sound which I assumed was me running over an object contacting the undercarriage.. And found no debris or raised surface to cause it (Happened in a gas station as I was leaving after refuel so its not like I was offroading)

As I said, my car is zippy and is fun to drive and appears trouble free.. But is this a case where I should ask my dealer to check the clutch assembly for oil leaks just in case? How would I bring it up, what tsb's should I reference if any, should I even bother? Any insights would be appreciated. I got the full bumper to bumper warranty just for such possibilities.

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #1887
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisPrime View Post
As an aside, my car is running fine after the recall/reprogram but I did at one point in time in my cars history i:

- did lose all forward momentum and power merging onto a highway (one time only)
- made shuddering vibrations
- heard rattles/marbles while driving by parked cars or tunnels/overpasses
- a loud horrifying scrape sound which I assumed was me running over an object contacting the undercarriage.. And found no debris or raised surface to cause it (Happened in a gas station as I was leaving after refuel so its not like I was offroading)

As I said, my car is zippy and is fun to drive and appears trouble free.. But is this a case where I should ask my dealer to check the clutch assembly for oil leaks just in case? How would I bring it up, what tsb's should I reference if any, should I even bother? Any insights would be appreciated. I got the full bumper to bumper warranty just for such possibilities.

Thanks!
When was your car built?
Have you had any updates performed by the dealer?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #1888
NemesisPrime
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
When was your car built?
Have you had any updates performed by the dealer?
It's all in the sig lol

I couldn't give you the exact build date.. 6-11 is all it says on the side of my door. Should i put the VIN# somewhere to get the exact date?

I feel like i'm griping over a car that's been good to me aside from basic service. Having driven a stick for over half my life, mild shudder never concerned me and i assumed some of the noise was natural (until i drove through a tunnel and heard the pings and dings, but that was fleeting, it's gone now).

Just covering my ass, dotting my t's and crossing my i's ya know.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #1889
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, MJB!

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 02-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #1890
helloimmatthew
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107662
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 helloimmatthew Good Standing Member
I just got my used 2012 SEL in December and I'm not sure if it'd had the update done, so I have an appointment on Saturday. Shuddering from take off drives me crazy. It's pretty violent too. My passengers even notice and it's somewhat embarrassing. My car will also bog down under hard acceleration. I had to pull out onto a street where the speed limit is 55mph and it's a busy street, so you have to step on it, but my car shuddered really bad, bogged down, and finally took off. It's kind of unsettling. Also, I wanted to see about the washer fluid TSB, because mine doesn't warn me when it's low or completely empty. Other than that, I love the car!

Bookmarks & Social Networks