Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 189 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #1881
focussel12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113865
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL sedan silver

FF Reputation: 1 focussel12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ok step one how i just want to know how does it work my car was build in 12/11 and i read that it was the august ones that had issues so dont know let know how the breaking works how do i know it doin it or what thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #1882
Butlersride
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102244
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Butlersride Good Standing Member
2012 Focus Tranny Trauma

My Focus’ transmission has been jerky at parking lot or slow city speeds. The other day it dropped out of “drive” into neutral (although the stick was in “D”) and the engine started racing; then it dropped back into drive and the car thrust forward; then again, back into neutral, engine races and then it drops back into gear; thrust forward --all through a busy city intersection.

Yesterday the backup sensor was on although I was driving forward. I had to pull over and shut the car off and start again to get it off.

I took it in to Lief Johnson Ford (Austin, TX) this morning. Clearly, I’m not the only one with these issues. I have a rental for the weekend. I guess we’ll see what happens next.

Also, the Ford “Sync” audio system is the worst! The program jams/doesn’t sync and is very slow. It’s also laid out poorly.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #1883
phxfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113975
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 phxfocus Good Standing Member
just bought a 2012 SEL sedan with 41k on it and it is shaking when shifting from 1st to 2nd. it also feels like its slipping in every gear. I have driven 4 different focus's and none of them are experiencing the problems I am. I have had it 2 days and its already at ford service. They say that they cannot get to it until monday, so they gave me a 12 focus as a rental and it shifts perfectly of course and it has 32k on it. Im just hoping that they are not going to say its normal after 41k miles. It should be well broken in by now.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #1884
MJRobbins
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112961
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 MJRobbins Good Standing Member
No things will not get better, only worse. My 2012 Ford Focus has been in the shop now for 25 days. Needs a new clutch and it is not drivable. Ford has a big problem on their hands. The clutch is on back order. Wonder why? Too many cars are breaking down. I am waiting for day 30 to call the lawyer to proceed with a lemon law suit. I have to make payments on a car that I don't have, my warranty is sitting going away and my sirius radio subscription is wasting away. This is a nightmare.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #1885
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJRobbins View Post
No things will not get better, only worse. My 2012 Ford Focus has been in the shop now for 25 days. Needs a new clutch and it is not drivable. Ford has a big problem on their hands. The clutch is on back order. Wonder why? Too many cars are breaking down. I am waiting for day 30 to call the lawyer to proceed with a lemon law suit. I have to make payments on a car that I don't have, my warranty is sitting going away and my sirius radio subscription is wasting away. This is a nightmare.
Are you financing the car through Ford Credit? If you are they should give you a break on the payments the car has been at the dealer, not sure if Ford does this but Volkswagen did for me once when my car sat at the dealer for 2 months. Thus they should delete the time your car sat from your total payments.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #1886
MJRobbins
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112961
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 MJRobbins Good Standing Member
No I am using a credit union to finance the car.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #1887
Focus#Pissed
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114179
What I Drive: 2012 metallic grey focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Focus#Pissed Good Standing Member
2012 ford focus se automatic transmission spudder

hey everyone just took my mother in laws focus in today with 10777 miles from what i have read seems to be common any 1 know of any recalls there is so many things wrong with this car i drove it and when i released the gas it would shot off like wtf. also the moldings where falling off and this car has been babied. so has any one had there car fixed by warranty.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #1888
Focus#Pissed
Focus Rookie

i just wanted to add that i have the 3yr bumper to bumper warranty as well, so we should have gotten a rental but it is currently at our expense. until they find anything to fix under warranty really ford?
Old 05-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #1889
beckaroo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114237
What I Drive: 2012 white ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 beckaroo Good Standing Member
look's like I will be joining this group..as I have the same problems..only had the car 1 week now and took it back to be told they put it on computer and upgrade and that it's normal but was given another 2012 focus loaner that did not drive like this .still doing same thing.....
Old 05-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #1890
Focus#Pissed
Focus Rookie

So got a call back today that nothing is wrong with transmission and want me to drive the car with a tech as so many of you have claimed this to have happened to you I will most likely video record my drive for use in future

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->