Turbocharger for 2003 Focus SVT - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-27-2004, 03:00 PM   #11
Seb656
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2059
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Seb656 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Its reliable but as with any form of FI your engine is gonna wear out quicker then normal

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs... You wanna hit it, but you‘re afraid of the consequences."

My SVT Focus is #677 of 3985
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2004, 03:03 PM   #12
averad
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7135
What I Drive: 2002 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 averad Good Standing Member
When adding adional pressure your going to wear out your seals etc faster but if you replace those seals at the time that the introduce your FI with higer quallity products your going to be as safe as your going to get.

Its just a wear and tear issue.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:23 PM   #13
Speedy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 8036
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Speedy Good Standing Member
The Vortec SC is not much less, or perhaps more, than a turbo kit....heck when you are spending that much a little extra is not that big of a deal when you get what you want.....

The real question I want to ask is who has a turbocharger and what do they have installed? I am looking to put a turbo in my car but I need some help from some experienced ppl who have done it already. Com'on you turbo nutz out there give me the low down!
Old 05-27-2004, 08:46 PM   #14
Sonic04SVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8295
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Sonic04SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Reliability IMHO is mainly in the tune, if you want to do forced induction right you will install it and then have it tuned on the dyno with air fuel readings. Once you tune it for optimal power then you should back off the settings (boost, timing, fuel perhaps) some for saftey if your going to drive it day to day. Especially if you live in a part of the country where the weather changes dramatically between the seasons, a perfect and safe tune on a 100 degree day might not be safe for when its 40 degree's outside and the air is more dense. If you can get a chip with multiple tunes that is the best option, that way you can tune it for race gas, regular gas, or whatever and have that ready at the flip of a switch.

Also all types of forced induction are somewhat harder on the engine, but when properly tuned it should be minimal overall, unless of course your going to run it WOT every time you get in it. If your going to do that, then you should build it like your planning on rallying with it :)
Old 05-28-2004, 01:37 AM   #15
mofocus
mefocuslongtime

Fan#: 5
What I Drive: Beltfed,extra pullified,weeemachine

FF Reputation: 6 mofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
moving to forced induction.....
Old 05-28-2004, 01:48 AM   #16
mofocus
mefocuslongtime

Fan#: 5
What I Drive: Beltfed,extra pullified,weeemachine

FF Reputation: 6 mofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
a properly tuned turbo car should last 90% of its lifetime, according to Tom

id say choose between Vortech and Tom, Vortech is a cenrtif. blower SC, makes good power, each has its pros and cons im sure
Old 02-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #17
Gear Shifter
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104233
What I Drive: 2003 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Gear Shifter Good Standing Member
do not get a turbo KIT. notice i didnt say dont turbo i said dont buy turbo KITS! If i had the $$$ my focus svt would be moded like crazy but i have to save up. Ask anyone that really knows about turbo's it is better to go to garrett and find the right turbo for your car because garrett makes the best turbo's period! after you find the turbo you want go and find the best intercooler for your car and all the pipes and so on and so forth. Go to the best places and build your own custom turbo kit, trust me you most likely spend less money, it will be one of a kind, and also you will get more hp, trq than if you buy some kit. Ask anyone who wants to Turbo, KITS are for lazy people that just want to have a turbo in their car. Do some research and build your own custom turbo trust me it will be well worth it.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #18
turbosvtfocus04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100806
What I Drive: 2004 black svt

FF Reputation: 1 turbosvtfocus04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Shifter View Post
do not get a turbo KIT. notice i didnt say dont turbo i said dont buy turbo KITS! If i had the $$$ my focus svt would be moded like crazy but i have to save up. Ask anyone that really knows about turbo's it is better to go to garrett and find the right turbo for your car because garrett makes the best turbo's period! after you find the turbo you want go and find the best intercooler for your car and all the pipes and so on and so forth. Go to the best places and build your own custom turbo kit, trust me you most likely spend less money, it will be one of a kind, and also you will get more hp, trq than if you buy some kit. Ask anyone who wants to Turbo, KITS are for lazy people that just want to have a turbo in their car. Do some research and build your own custom turbo trust me it will be well worth it.
This is full of fail period.

Garrett isn't the best since now there turbos are made in china.
A turbo kit is for someone who doesn't know what is all needed for a turbo kit, but if you want to think about laziness than when going tubular manifold, will be done by a shop. Most people do not know how to build a manifold.

And if you want to say go for the best of the best parts, you will be spending over $4k then. That doesn't even include clutch, fuel system, and tunes.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #19
LouBomb
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

FF Reputation: 9 LouBomb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Holy thread revival......

Sent from my JailBroken iPhone.
Focus Revolution Club
Formely IMPORTKILLA35
Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Shifter View Post
Holy thread-necro batman. This thread is from 2004 dude.

Also, you are seriously confusing an ebay "kit" with a proper kit. The kits that Tom puts together are nothing more than a collection of components that are known to work well with the focus. (manifold, downpipe). His kits give you the option of choosing your own turbo. Then he simply provides the piping pre-fabbed to fit your car with as little modification as possible.

Custom built is great too, but not everybody has time to invest into research and design. For those of us who work full time and have other responsibilities, its usually best to find a kit that is known and proven. to work.

"Ford Focus ST - the official car of message-board circle-jerks"
-Regular Car Reviews

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->