Few tips to drop weight - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Fitness Fanatics

Fitness Fanatics The place to discuss information on the latest workout programs, diets, nutrition and weight lifting.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #11
talamant3z
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87221
What I Drive: pitch black volvo

FF Reputation: 1 talamant3z Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
Being more of the nutritionist than the workout guy, I'd suggest eating higher protein foods rather than processed protein shakes. Search for high protein super foods like Quinoa to substitute for rice. It's much more expensive than rice, but that's one way to get more protein through your diet.

I'd like to add that high fructose corn syrup is in most processed foods instead of sugar. I work in industrial sites, and I've worked at Cargill where HFCS is made. I can tell you that I have watched pigeons fly into some of the open stirring drums. I'm sure there's a percentage of foreign material that's allowed by the FDA. Think about that when you reach for a soda or some ice cream containing HFCS.
Very true!! Food is always better then any supplement but not always as convenient. I try my best to stay away from HFCs that's the reason everyone has diabetes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #12
zetsumeikuro
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91093
What I Drive: 2000 Light Sapphire Blue LX

FF Reputation: 1 zetsumeikuro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoZx3 View Post
I guess I never knew distance running was bad for your body.. lol.

Someone should tell the Army that. These 2 miles runs are BS.

Ha, so true. Being an army vet myself I agree long distance running is not good for your body over a long period of time. I know many older infantry guys who stay in and their knees and other joints are shot when they get into their 30s and 40s. Unfortunately it is the quickest way to build up your overall cardio endurance and (along with a diet) to lose weight. I know this firsthand.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #13
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Actually if you change your veiw settings at the bottom of the page there are MANY threads in this sub forum.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]

Bookmarks & Social Networks