Is this really normal? - Page 14 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #131
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
Well don't I feel like an ass :/ I re read your post and got what you said now.

So I guess the point is that manufactures have been doing this type stuff for a long time

Sorry about that bud :) disregard my earlier post :/
yup.. that's it.. u def got it now. . ciao
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #132
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Ford N.A. seems to go with the "if we tell em its not broken, we dont have to fix it" way of things.
Confirming this. It's exactly what I'm expecting to be told after I leave my car at the dealership this Friday.

-the noise from the steering that started after Hines Park Ford worked on my front suspension: NORMAL
-the poor ride that began with the same suspension work: NORMAL
-the clunk noise that precipitated the above work and has never actually been fixed: NORMAL
-the vibration after shifting to 4th gear, a problem which started after Hines Park Ford worked on my transmission: NORMAL
-the poor drivability (which has returned) that led to the transmission being worked on: NORMAL

I'll bet that the only thing I will get fixed is the razor-sharp trim peeling off my steering wheel, and that will require a return visit and another hour or two of my time. It's also the only thing that cannot be subjectively denied.

They can tell me "I don't feel that obnoxious vibration." and "They are all like that." and I suppose it's just my word against theirs (until I get advanced instrumentation and data acquisition systems involved)... but they can't very well tell me that it's normal for steering wheel trim to slice your fingers open.

And honestly, I'd be ok with putting some tape on the steering wheel... if they'd fix the rest of this stuff.

I can't stand driving this car anymore. It used to be so nice, and now it's been ruined. It rides and drives like a heap of junk. I didn't buy a heap of junk. I really want the car that I bought back. Wish me luck.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #133
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Good luck man, mine goes back in for the 11th time tomorrow (8th for the transmission), and they are confirming the issue and sending an engineer out to take a look at it, so who knows. I always hope it will get fixed but it never does. Eventually I suppose I need to stop hoping.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #134
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
Confirming this. It's exactly what I'm expecting to be told after I leave my car at the dealership this Friday.

-the noise from the steering that started after Hines Park Ford worked on my front suspension: NORMAL
-the poor ride that began with the same suspension work: NORMAL
-the clunk noise that precipitated the above work and has never actually been fixed: NORMAL
-the vibration after shifting to 4th gear, a problem which started after Hines Park Ford worked on my transmission: NORMAL
-the poor drivability (which has returned) that led to the transmission being worked on: NORMAL

I'll bet that the only thing I will get fixed is the razor-sharp trim peeling off my steering wheel, and that will require a return visit and another hour or two of my time. It's also the only thing that cannot be subjectively denied.

They can tell me "I don't feel that obnoxious vibration." and "They are all like that." and I suppose it's just my word against theirs (until I get advanced instrumentation and data acquisition systems involved)... but they can't very well tell me that it's normal for steering wheel trim to slice your fingers open.

And honestly, I'd be ok with putting some tape on the steering wheel... if they'd fix the rest of this stuff.

I can't stand driving this car anymore. It used to be so nice, and now it's been ruined. It rides and drives like a heap of junk. I didn't buy a heap of junk. I really want the car that I bought back. Wish me luck.
Oh I understand the frustrations When the lady at the Starbucks drive through window ask you "Did you just scrape your car??" there is obviously something wrong

With all the stuff you listed there is no excuse for them to say all of that is "normal" NONE!!! The dealer obviously fubared stuff
Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #135
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
Good luck man, mine goes back in for the 11th time tomorrow (8th for the transmission), and they are confirming the issue and sending an engineer out to take a look at it, so who knows. I always hope it will get fixed but it never does. Eventually I suppose I need to stop hoping.
Good luck! Maybe 11th times the charm?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #136
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Well I tried calling the CSM three times on two different days and every time she was away from her desk...great

Anyway as an update they have offered me and extended warranty...which I already have and then countered with a service plan...which does not good because the focus only "requires" most services every 10k.

The transmission has gotten progressively worse since I have had the car back...I sometimes wonder what people in traffic think about me "Damn he cant drive a stick" LOL.

This is honestly getting so stupid as I have seen others on the forum who have the same issues and their dealers at least check the clutches and most times find them messed up from leaks.

Both my dealers however don't seem to give a

I can't believe that Ford won't even fix a car that is still under warranty when something is obviously wrong.

A quick story just because...my first vehicle(hand me down from parents),a 2002 Nissan Maxima that was one of the first vehicles to have the infamous VQ35 engine. Well the early models had a problem with the piston rings that caused oil burning problems, but only later on in life when the vehicles were out of warranty. Nissan still good willed the fix (an expensive one) for the affected vehicles even though they didn't have to, it was just the right thing to do. I wish Ford would just do the right thing and at least listen to me...I don't drive an hour to the dealership for nothing /rant

I just want this to be over, I should not be upset driving a car that was supposed to be a great upgrade.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #137
F35-JSF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 102775
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black SE, 08' ZZR-600

FF Reputation: 2 F35-JSF Good Standing Member
I came from a 2000 maxima and the two biggest problems Nissan wanted no part in owning up to. Those nasty coil packs and the rust prone radiator support.
:lol:Modding is whatever you define it as. Some people wanna boost, some people need 10 TVs, and some of these homos feel compelled to LED their cars front to back.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #138
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by F35-JSF View Post
I came from a 2000 maxima and the two biggest problems Nissan wanted no part in owning up to. Those nasty coil packs and the rust prone radiator support.
The fixed the coil packs on the VQ35, sucks they left the VQ30 guys out though and the radiator support...gah I almost forgot about that NASTY thing.

Do you find you miss the power? This car feels downright slow compared! But of course there is a lot more to love about the focus. Like the fact it has independent rear suspension.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #139
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
I just want this to be over, I should not be upset driving a car that was supposed to be a great upgrade.
I'm with ya. Part of the reason all my posts are so pissy and sour is because I'm always in an extremely bad mood after driving my dealership-ruined piece of junk home from work.

Driving my car should not be an emotionally upsetting experience... but it is. With every hiccup, every crappy shift, every clunk, every vibration, I'm filled with rage and frustration.

I used to imagine myself and the wife driving this car on a nice road trip vacation.

That's completely out of the question, now. I no longer enjoy driving the car. It rides terribly, makes awful noises, and the DCT still doesn't operate correctly. There's no way in Hell I would willingly spend a week or two driving around in it for 8-10 hours a day.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #140
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
I'm with ya. Part of the reason all my posts are so pissy and sour is because I'm always in an extremely bad mood after driving my dealership-ruined piece of junk home from work.

Driving my car should not be an emotionally upsetting experience... but it is. With every hiccup, every crappy shift, every clunk, every vibration, I'm filled with rage and frustration.

I used to imagine myself and the wife driving this car on a nice road trip vacation.

That's completely out of the question, now. I no longer enjoy driving the car. It rides terribly, makes awful noises, and the DCT still doesn't operate correctly. There's no way in Hell I would willingly spend a week or two driving around in it for 8-10 hours a day.
I am with you on that! Everyone probably thinks I am a Ford hater and am just bashing the Focus but i'm not doing it because I'm an ass. I am doing it because its just a way for me to vent.

I just want the car fixed which is apparently too much to ask for

Bookmarks & Social Networks