Worst and Best Car Audio Brands - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #21
Jeffrosilver07
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104592
What I Drive: 2007 Silver Focus SE

FF Reputation: 3 Jeffrosilver07 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I totally agree with Zetec regarding starting with better equipment or at least knowing that better equipment is out there. I know everyone has different needs and wants (not to mention budgets) for their systems. Me personally it is more then just a hobby. I actually really enjoy all types of music and want it to sound as good as it possible can in a mobile environment.

I understand you didn't make the list and was not bashing it in anyway shape or form. It is an excellent list for someone to start researching different brands and finding out what is out there. We simply were just adding some competition brands for people to research as well.

And on a side note to your comment about not being satisfied with what you currently have.....yeah it doesn't end. There is always something new and different that can be added or changed or tweaked. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #22
02Zetechse
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 65832
What I Drive: 2002 Satin Black SE

FF Reputation: 6 02Zetechse Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
even the budget minded person can go with Audio Technix , Obsidian, Sundown, ect, entry level subs all under $200 that will kick kicker or sonys ass any day of the week
Old 02-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #23
Njk570
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109191
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Njk570 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Zetechse View Post
I have to disagree, Id rather see someone new buy a good quality competition brand and get a good quality product that will take abuse of a newbie who thinks the gain is a volume knob .

We know you didnt make the list, we are just adding current information to this list to better educate consumers
I must say ill agree to disagree with you. It's like telling a kid who just turned sixteen to buy the most expensive car out there for his first car. Not very logical. But that's just my opinion, and you obviously have yours.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #24
02Zetechse
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 65832
What I Drive: 2002 Satin Black SE

FF Reputation: 6 02Zetechse Good Standing Member
correct we all do have opinions.... I look it as more of : Hey buy this 120 dollar car with low miles, they seem quite dependable instead of , hey buy this 1500 car its got a fresh paintjob , high miles and used a quart a week of oil

I am just speaking from my own experiences... I went through alot of cheap subs before i spent the money on a higher quality sub , the cost was within $20 of the cheap subs but it had more durability ...a 1 1/4" voice coil compared to a 2.5" plus the ability to recone the subwoofer instead of pitching it to purchase another
Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #25
bluebullet
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93387
What I Drive: 2003 Twilight Blue zx5

FF Reputation: 7 bluebullet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I got all alpine :)
Hatch Nation #81
Mid-west Crew
2003 zx5 twilight blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
Bahahaha...bromance lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
when going Euro -always go full Euro
Old 02-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #26
RS-wagon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2598
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 RS-wagon Good Standing Member
well the equipment is just as good as the install. I have seen and heard the best money could buy sound like dog sh!t and cheap stuff sound great. It was the install.
I guess I am old school but I still run Alpine, JL Audio speakers and subs, PPI amps ( Art and older series only) and Audio Control processors. I do have some other stuff, US Amps ( Fl made stuff only) Kenwood. I have used this stuff for 20+ years in competition has done me right. even taking me to a SQ world championship.

I would however put Audiobahn in the stay away category, nothing but pure crap sold at pawn shops, flea markets and appliance stores.

But it is just my opinion.

Tim

Drag racing is for fast cars, Autocrossing is for fast drivers
Old 02-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #27
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
i agree, almost any equipment can sound good if done right.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #28
Njk570
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109191
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Njk570 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-wagon View Post
well the equipment is just as good as the install. I have seen and heard the best money could buy sound like dog sh!t and cheap stuff sound great. It was the install.
I guess I am old school but I still run Alpine, JL Audio speakers and subs, PPI amps ( Art and older series only) and Audio Control processors. I do have some other stuff, US Amps ( Fl made stuff only) Kenwood. I have used this stuff for 20+ years in competition has done me right. even taking me to a SQ world championship.

I would however put Audiobahn in the stay away category, nothing but pure crap sold at pawn shops, flea markets and appliance stores.

But it is just my opinion.

Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanzx5 View Post
i agree, almost any equipment can sound good if done right.
And i agree as well. As i said on the first page of the thread. =]

Bookmarks & Social Networks