2015 - Is an RS Focus in your future? - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus RS > Focus RS

Focus RS The place to chat about news and rumors on the third generation Focus RS.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #91
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile30 View Post
If it's built; people will come...
They said that about the SVT and it didn't fly off dealer lots and it's MSRP was near $20k and less than a year later they were being bought off the showroom floors for under $14k. I can't see people buying a fwd Focus for over $35k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #92
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
I don't get it either. If performance is what one is after at what point is a front wheel drive Focus more desirable than a a new Mustang on a new lighter platform with the same 300+ HP 2.3 engine and rear wheel drive and an independent rear suspension? The only thing lost with such a new Mustang over a Focus RS is the sedan body style and the practicality of a usable back seat and these things are not a high priority with performance minded buyers.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...-v6-46251.html
To quote Jeremy Clarkson about the last generation Focus RS:

Quote:
"The Focus RS is probably the best single do all car ever built."

"I have to say that even when the weather is awful, the grip and the poise are excellent. Better than excellent. I can't imagine that even an Evo X is going to pull away. I know for a fact that on a damp road, it would leave my CLK Black for dead. It's that good, and not once did I encounter any of the dreaded tread shuffle that seems to plague the testers on other magazines."

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 02-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #93
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
they wont fly off the lot but they will sale. people are buying the focus st for almost 30k and im sure the has been a few sold with crazy mark ups above 30k. so why not spend the extra 5k for more power, better options, better handling, and overall a better performing car?

no they wouldnt fly off the shelf but they would sell, ford didnt bring the st state side to get massive sales on it. they brought it state side because enough people were asking for it. they are trying to even the playing feild between the states and outher countries as far as who get what performance model. they might now walk away with a huge amount of money real quick off the rs but they would still profit. gotta remember they are trying to make money and if they see it as a way to get them some money rolling in they will even if it takes a few years to sell them all.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #94
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
To quote Jeremy Clarkson about the last generation Focus RS:
I've driven the last generation RS and agree with Clarkson. Its brilliant. No torque steer, very very little wheel spin, and mildly quick. The car handles and stops amazingly and.. If it wasn't for the neon green paint and interior, would have been almost perfection in the ecnobox world.

Would I buy one over a Mustang... Not a chance in hell. But, if I was looking for a simple daily driven that I didn't mind driving, yes... Yes I would get the RS. But again, if I wanted a car to play around with Id still go with the Mustang.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #95
Kevastator
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104674
What I Drive: 05 Slowbaru Outback

FF Reputation: 2 Kevastator Good Standing Member
The green paint? greatest color ever.

Would I buy one over a mustang? Every chance in hell. (wtf does that even mean) Car to play around in? RS..
[Rally Revolution #7]
ASPECT Motorsports
Old 02-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #96
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTalon View Post
But, if I was looking for a simple daily driven that I didn't mind driving, yes... Yes I would get the RS. But again, if I wanted a car to play around with Id still go with the Mustang.
That's the whole point, and why the studies Ford has ran have shown very few people actually do cross shop the cars. A Focus RS, or ST for that matter is typically for someone who is going to have one car and wants it to be functional and fun. A mustang wouldn't work very well for me, hauling snowboards, mountain bikes, a weekend worth of stuff up north with me. But a Focus does, and having one that's seriously quick, and a blast to drive is great. Let's see you throw a 55 inch TV in it's box in a mustang, you can in a Focus RS, or a Focus ST.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 02-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #97
gonefhsn
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!

Fan#: 45759
What I Drive: 13 Tangerine Scream ST2,12 RAM 2500

FF Reputation: 21 gonefhsn Great Standing Member
Focus RS in Green...I will trade my 13 ST in Tangerine Scream in for one.

FFMODERATOR
Old 02-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #98
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
That's the whole point, and why the studies Ford has ran have shown very few people actually do cross shop the cars. A Focus RS, or ST for that matter is typically for someone who is going to have one car and wants it to be functional and fun. A mustang wouldn't work very well for me, hauling snowboards, mountain bikes, a weekend worth of stuff up north with me. But a Focus does, and having one that's seriously quick, and a blast to drive is great. Let's see you throw a 55 inch TV in it's box in a mustang, you can in a Focus RS, or a Focus ST.
In that light, a Focus RS Wagon would rule! It would not siphon Mustang buyers and it would be practical yet fast and outrageous and way cool. I agree with the one car idea myself. The car could easily set up with different power modes to civilize it for daily use or sporting use.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #99
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Yet, its seem that 99% of the people who talk about the RS don't get that and say, they wont bring it over because, it will out sell the Mustang. You don't go into the dealer with the intentions of buying a Mustang (or any other similar car for that matter) and, drive off in a new small economy car. People as a whole need to realize that.

Id also just have the TV delivered to my house, space in the car or not.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #100
Ausv7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84217
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus, 1994 black F150

FF Reputation: 3 Ausv7 Good Standing Member
Well if this turns to reality forget selling my mk3 for an st. save up some more and get an RS :]

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->