2012 Focus SEL - Sirius Radio Module Missing - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #21
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '14 Escape Titanium w/401A package

Points 4,556, Level 43
Points: 4,556, Level: 43 Points: 4,556, Level: 43 Points: 4,556, Level: 43
Level Up 3% Completed
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I think you need some type of module to enable Sirius even with the correct radio. See link for picture of parts to add Sirius via this company. $618 is way too much just to add Sirius though. There is a $50 refund for your old CD core though.

http://oem-auto-accessory.com/xmradios/FIESTA.pdf
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2014, 12:25 AM   #22
x4bngr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 53827
What I Drive: 2003 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 x4bngr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I recently bought a Sirius equipped head unit and face plate (with the Sirius button for my recently purchased 2012 SEL. From what I have read scouring this forum, I will need to have the car flashed by a dealership to get this new head unit to work in the car. A question I can't find an answer for is what pieces of the antenna I will need to replace. There are specific satellite-enabled parts for a 2012 hatchback antenna. The screen capture is from http://www.group1autoparts.com/parts...enna-and-radio which shows the different part numbers for satellite enabled head units. . Anyone get this swap to work? What, if any, parts needed to be replaced in the antenna?
Old 02-18-2014, 01:31 AM   #23
sailor
Crankshaft

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 11,806, Level 71
Points: 11,806, Level: 71 Points: 11,806, Level: 71 Points: 11,806, Level: 71
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 79 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Moved this thread to the Car audio, SYNC & MFT section where you may find other threads on the subject & get better responses.

Can't read the screen capture well, it does show a different antenna base that would be the Sirius antenna. Antenna cable changes as well, no listings on the page for the other parts shown.

Does your receiver have an "ESN" number on it? If not, the other module shown may be the actual satellite radio unit.

S.R. #275
Old 02-27-2014, 10:55 PM   #24
bipolarbear43
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 137913
What I Drive: 2013 METALIC SILVER hatch back

FF Reputation: 1 bipolarbear43 Good Standing Member
whats prob happened is like my sel, the sat radio wasn't standard and some one changed the face plate and he module. sat button should be aux button. the issue with this is the car may not have the proper hookup. I took my se radio out that had sat and the difference is a cable that's not on my sel. no idea if there is a patch. looking into where it plugs into the harness to switch it all. that plug has to go to the sat ant.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:00 PM   #25
bipolarbear43
Focus Rookie

That is very useful. You da man
Old 04-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #26
bipolarbear43
Focus Rookie

At one time there was a pic diagram of all the parts from the antenna up to the radio with part numbers listed. Anyone still have this? Im going nuts trying to find it. If i remember correctly, only the ant wire to the stereo and the module had different part # to hook up satellite. Thanx

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.