My Ford Touch Thread - Page 290 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #2891
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
Yeah, I have a SGNexus as well as a company iP4 and have used Google Maps, but in many places out west there is no cell coverage so you'd have to cache it before hand. I have MFT with NAV so I would prefer to use those tools than eat data I shouldn't have to eat. It would be nice if the interface were as easy to use as Google Maps, particularly destination selection.

Brian
Agree completely. That was my (facetious) point.

Entering some destinations into MFT Nav can be a bear...

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #2892
Farkus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93855
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Farkus Good Standing Member
I haven't been here in awhile so I'm not quite up to date on everything. Pardon my laziness but this is a really long thread and google isn't helping me at the moment. I still have 2.11 installed in my 2012 since I've had no major problems with it and I really like having my favorites buttons on my steering wheel more than is probably healthy. It's to the point where I turned down the MFT update when I took my car in for the six month check up. I don't quite recall but I remember there were a few other annoyances like something with Sirius in the audio quadrant on the home screen. Anyway, on to my question. Are there any significant updates in 3.5.1 that I should consider losing my favorite buttons for? Basically, as stupid as it sounds, I like being able to flip back and forth between FM (Star 1) and Sirius (Star 2) without having to reach the infinite distance to the touch screen. (It's a very stupid reason. I'm okay with that.)

As for 2.11, the only problem I've ever really noticed is that on occasion my album art would get corrupted and everything would display the default red music note. I haven't had that problem ever since I discovered that one of my tracks was using a 2mg image.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #2893
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farkus View Post
I haven't been here in awhile so I'm not quite up to date on everything. Pardon my laziness but this is a really long thread and google isn't helping me at the moment. I still have 2.11 installed in my 2012 since I've had no major problems with it and I really like having my favorites buttons on my steering wheel more than is probably healthy. It's to the point where I turned down the MFT update when I took my car in for the six month check up. I don't quite recall but I remember there were a few other annoyances like something with Sirius in the audio quadrant on the home screen. Anyway, on to my question. Are there any significant updates in 3.5.1 that I should consider losing my favorite buttons for? Basically, as stupid as it sounds, I like being able to flip back and forth between FM (Star 1) and Sirius (Star 2) without having to reach the infinite distance to the touch screen. (It's a very stupid reason. I'm okay with that.)

As for 2.11, the only problem I've ever really noticed is that on occasion my album art would get corrupted and everything would display the default red music note. I haven't had that problem ever since I discovered that one of my tracks was using a 2mg image.
There have been some improvements and some steps back. If you're happy with 2.11, I'd just sit tight until there's some revolutionary new update out. Most of us wish we could roll back to 2.11.

That said... 3.5.1 has improved call quality quite a bit, simplified voice commands, improved nav (according to some) and a few other things that 3.0.2 and 3.2.2 failed to do. But again, if you're happy, I'd enjoy 2.11.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 02-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #2894
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Most of us wish we could roll back to 2.11.
This. I haven't bothered putting a price on it, but I'd pay a significant amount of money to go back to 2.11, and thereby get the car I bought back.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #2895
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
For me 2.11 was an Alpha release. Nice features but very unstable.
3.02 was a beta, most bugs fixed but still quirky
3.51 is more of a release candidate, most bugs are fixed
Can't wait until 4.0 (if and when it ever comes out) ~ which should really should be called 1.0.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #2896
Farkus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93855
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Farkus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
There have been some improvements and some steps back. If you're happy with 2.11, I'd just sit tight until there's some revolutionary new update out. Most of us wish we could roll back to 2.11.

That said... 3.5.1 has improved call quality quite a bit, simplified voice commands, improved nav (according to some) and a few other things that 3.0.2 and 3.2.2 failed to do. But again, if you're happy, I'd enjoy 2.11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC View Post
This. I haven't bothered putting a price on it, but I'd pay a significant amount of money to go back to 2.11, and thereby get the car I bought back.
Awesome, thanks for the input. I guess I'll just stand pat and wait to see what the next release has to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
For me 2.11 was an Alpha release. Nice features but very unstable.
3.02 was a beta, most bugs fixed but still quirky
3.51 is more of a release candidate, most bugs are fixed
Can't wait until 4.0 (if and when it ever comes out) ~ which should really should be called 1.0.
I can see this logic as some of the features can't exactly be called "polished". However, I don't see any game breaking bugs so I'll happily remain ignorant of any improvements the beta and RC might've introduced.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #2897
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Installed 3.5.1 on my way to work. It went in smooth. I am so happy the temperature is back where it belongs. Anyone have a top 5 or 10 list of the good stuff of the new version? How about a top 5 for bad things?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #2898
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Installed 3.5.1 on my way to work. It went in smooth. I am so happy the temperature is back where it belongs. Anyone have a top 5 or 10 list of the good stuff of the new version? How about a top 5 for bad things?
For me so far -

The good:

- BT seems to connect a lot faster and is more reliable.
- BT metadata seems more reliable.
- Voice commands for music work again (3.0.2 completely broke them for me).
- BT call quality is better (3.0.2 completely destroyed that one for me as well).
- Sirius traffic/travel link is more reliable (it used to fail regularly and I would have to reboot every 5-6 days to get it back w/3.0.2).

The last three above all worked fine for me w/2.11 so this version just got them back to "almost as good" as they were with that version, just more fixing what 3.0.2 wrecked, the top two were pretty bad w/both 2.11 and 3.0.2 so definite improvement over all previous versions for me.

The bad:

- Nav can take forever to lock onto a signal (which is a problem I had w/3.0.2 and 3.2.2 so it is not a new issue, just wasn't helped w/this version for me).
- Nav seems to enjoy placing me either not on a road at all or on another road completely. Occassionally happend w/3.0.2 but happens a lot more for me with this version.
- Every single time my screen switches from light to dark mode, or vice versa, Nav zooms me out one increment (but the scale remains the same on the actual map). This used to happen very rarely w/3.0.2 but now happens 100% of the time to me.
- Sometimes when issuing voice commands that involve a selection, the system gives a "Please choose...." command but does not show or say anything to choose from. Kind of leaves you hanging there for a bit wondering what to say.
- Still the occassional instances where it just refuses to recognize anything is plugged in USB even when something has been plugged in, untouched, and working fine for quite some time.

Of course, as we've seen time and time again even though we are all installing the same vesion we get mixed results.

How about you? Know you haven't had much time with it yet but anything jump out (besides the temp) so far good, bad, or indifferent?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #2899
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
I really realy hope the Ford IVT team is forced to drive a vehicle with MFT to/from work each day so they can fully experience its idiosyncrasies. Kinda like what Zuckerberg is doing with his employees and the Facebook android app.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #2900
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
I really realy hope the Ford IVT team is forced to drive a vehicle with MFT to/from work each day so they can fully experience its idiosyncrasies. Kinda like what Zuckerberg is doing with his employees and the Facebook android app.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Ahhh yes... this would be wonderful. The list of things I miss about my iPhone has only 3 items:

1. battery life
2. camera/picture quality
3. Facebook App

lol
Sonic Crew #28

Bookmarks & Social Networks