DIY Aftermarket Speakers--noob needs help - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Tony99905
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109573
What I Drive: 2012, Blue, SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Tony99905 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
DIY Aftermarket Speakers--noob needs help

I just purchased a 2012 SE Sedan with the 6 speaker system w/ Sync. I must say that I've changed speakers in one vehicle ever. I know the changing of the speakers is not the difficult part. Finding the right ones and other aftermarket parts such as a sub and amp is.

I've read multiple threads on this site and I'm still lost as to what to do. So let me explain a little bit of what I want. I'm trying not to go crazy with spending, $300-400 is the range I don't want to go over.

From what I've gathered, the speakers in the front and back are 6.5" and there are tweeters in each front door. I would like to add a sub to the car, nothing obnoxious, just smaller one, I've never had one in a car before. I've also seen that adding an amp would help a lot, but I have no idea how to do this.

Also my antenna reception seems terrible, any way to fix that?

I mainly listen to Metal music, you know a lot of kick drums and downtuned guitars. Speakers/Sub that would help with that are what I need. I want to keep the stock head unit as well.

I seem really needy, sorry for that. Basically I need to know where to go to search for decent speakers, sub, and amp (and antenna?). Can someone direct me to a thread or site that seems best to help me on the installation of each of these? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
TheDriver916
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96977
What I Drive: 2012 Focus S Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TheDriver916 Good Standing Member
Well just letting you know its going to be hard to get a whole system in the 300-400$ range. Maybe if you just want to add a sub and amp you might be able to keep it in that range. I would recommend Crutchfield.com because they give you instructions and lifetime phone tech support to help you if you get stuck on the install. I would try going with a name brand sub and matching amp. Hope this helped!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
Tony99905
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109573
What I Drive: 2012, Blue, SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Tony99905 Good Standing Member
I know it will be hard to put together a good sound system on that budget. I'm not expecting the world, I just don't know really where to start. Like can someone link me to a good place to learn about car systems that would help me get started?

Also since there are tweeters in the front doors, does that mean I should get a 3 way speaker for the rear and a 2 way for the front?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
FocusedSlayer
has a screw loose

Fan#: 59042
What I Drive: 2007 CD Silver Sedan SE w/Sap

FF Reputation: 34 FocusedSlayer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Sounds like what you need is a powered subwoofer its an amp sub combo and all you need to do is tap into your speakers for an input signal to the amp . And run a remote turn on wire and power wire.
Team Duratec #01,Sedan Revolution#4, Elder FocusedSlayer, Gump Crew 21

February 2012 Sedan of The Month

Bookmarks & Social Networks