Stance for the MK3 - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
Chaos09
Sonic Crew #09

Fan#: 95090
What I Drive: DC

FF Reputation: 7 Chaos09 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Do what make you feel good. I got some grief on my new wheel setup but I don't care what others think. I like the stretch look but I won't be running them year round either. Just let it go in one ear and out the other.
Sonic's MK3 Crew #9 Chaos!

www.DCSAutoworks.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 AM   #12
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
This is my Sig on most forums. I'll just leave it here;

Best. Explanation. Ever.

I seriously HATE the hella flush trend. It's ridiculous, looks downright ignorant, and holds zero merit to anyone with half an interest in performance.

Give me a nice flush set of wheels with some MEAT on them. Yes PLEASE.

This car shows about the extent that I enjoy stretch. It looks fantastic. Well thought out and pulled off nicely. And look! The camber looks performance oriented, not over the top flamboyant.

- Jody -
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #13
Chaos09
Sonic Crew #09

Thanks for posting something off topic.

www.DCSAutoworks.com
Old 02-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #14
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Thanks for posting a useless post to say I posted something off topic, when it was actually on topic. I was voicing my opinion about the topic of the thread.
- Jody -
Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #15
Chaos09
Sonic Crew #09

The OP asked a specific question about fitment not anyone's opinion.

www.DCSAutoworks.com
Old 02-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #16
Errant Erik
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 60085
What I Drive: '01 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Errant Erik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
LOL at forums...

but i'm with ya chaos09, like I said to each their own..."stance" "hellaflush" its all a fad, its like my levi's skinny jeans or plaid shirts, its a trend, I like it, I'll follow it, its like some people like donks, some people like mexi-poking lowriders, some people like the Fast and furious, some like stanced, some like stock, whatev's.

I live in Florida, it is sunny and warm basically year round, the worst driving condition we get is summer thunderstorms. I work 11 miles from home currently, so I drive 22 miles a day, thats it. Weekends I drive tons, but Because it is Florida that is whatever highway driving, usually out to like Orlando, or the opposite way, out the beach. Again, I am in Florida, interstate and toll-road on ramps are about the most agressive turns I get to see at high speeds in my DD (the mk3), there are no mountain roads, and anything bendy in town has houses, children, and 35 mph limits. ANNNNDDD like I also said, I have 2 damn cars a DD and a play car, 2 not 1, 1 more than 1, yes, 2! 2 cars, both are mine, one a DD, one not, one that has ran the cart track at daytona, the seminole county police facility track, the Deland airport track, and the gainsville track as part of solo II, not the fastest, but it was halfassed together, and built on the cheap.

your econobox isn't a sports car, you want one, buy one. Putting 235 on a 17x7 et45 enkeis and frp "sport suspension kit" on your focus won't make it a Porshe, hell it won't even make it a focus RS, we are debating subjective cosmetics...

And @ Slo86Gt if you think stretch holds zero merrit, you clearly don't understand track width or the effect stretching a side wall has on the roll characteristics of said sidewall, or camber. Yes once you hit that sort of VIP" style where the car is running on the inner lip a tire that looks like it is meant for a kids bicycle you start canceling out value, but same is true of goin too low on a car and ruining scrub radiuses, or having too large of a wing or even a wing at the wrong angle of attack, too hard or too soft of tire compound, etc. You all think you know so much because some company sold you a product for "performance," now you are an expert, but how many of you race on a weekly basis or even know genuine race teams? Without empirical data all you have are opinions, taste is personal not universal...

back to the original thread theme, these http://www.watercooledind.com/index....eels/cc10.html are neat, though remeniscent of the the old vw teardrops, so not necessarily focus appropriate, but for between $1400 and $1525 could have a pretty neat set up.

Really I just wish esm would offer the 004's in 18x9 et40 with our PCD, but they don't and when I asked them about it they just brought up the 002r's again...idfk about your 002r's lol, well actually I do but their offsets on 9.5 are too low... IDK bros, IDK...

Again this is a thread, so I am assuming this is all friendly ribbing, because I really don't care what anyone on here thinks I just wanted to know what others have done, and can say might be capable...
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #17
eglove
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109297
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 eglove Good Standing Member
I just wish it wasn't so difficult to find 5x108 in amurrica. I know I can re-drill...but ugh so much hassle. Plus I really don't wanna spend ~$4000+ for ccw or rotiform to get the offsets and widths I want
Old 02-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #18
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Erik View Post
LOL at forums...

And @ Slo86Gt if you think stretch holds zero merrit, you clearly don't understand track width or the effect stretching a side wall has on the roll characteristics of said sidewall, or camber. Yes once you hit that sort of VIP" style where the car is running on the inner lip a tire that looks like it is meant for a kids bicycle you start canceling out value, but same is true of goin too low on a car and ruining scrub radiuses, or having too large of a wing or even a wing at the wrong angle of attack, too hard or too soft of tire compound, etc. You all think you know so much because some company sold you a product for "performance," now you are an expert, but how many of you race on a weekly basis or even know genuine race teams? Without empirical data all you have are opinions, taste is personal not universal...
Yes, I admit, I am completely ignorant. Please inform me of the merits of a 225 tire on a 9" wide rim, and how that is superior to a 275 tire on a 9" rim.
- Jody -
Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #19
teamDFL
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 92060
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3, 2012 SE Sport Hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 teamDFL Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Erik View Post
but same is true of goin too low on a car and ruining scrub radiuses
Scrub radius is a minor issue. The real issue with going too low is poor kinematic roll center location. When it comes to suspension tuning, if the roll center location is wrong, everything else suffers.

Not that I expect anyone to care because this is a trend that puts style over substance. But it is in the interest of accuracy that I make this post.
Rally Revolution #21
Old 09-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #20
Errant Erik
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 60085
What I Drive: '01 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Errant Erik Good Standing Member
so to the very few confused souls that are on this forum when they adhere to a drastically different aesthetic from most of everyone on here, here are some updates.

Finally got wheels and should get tires in between Wednesday and Friday, goin for 18x9.5 all around @ et45, based it off of chaos09 running his 17x9 et36 wheels, and sure enough the sans-tires test seem to work, below are pics:

>>>FRONT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

proximity to front strut>> (thats about .25 inch)

>>>REAR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Proximity to rear shock>> (about .5 inch, or the width of my scrawny index finger)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The plan tire wise for me will be 225/40r18, we'll see, but based on the test fit i think it should fit.

of and teaser of the wheel, just 'cause

kudos if someone can guess what they are

Bookmarks & Social Networks