Super Bowl XLVII Car Commercials: Which one did you like best? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Super Bowl XLVII Car Commercials: Which one did you like best?
Audi "Prom" 3 10.34%
Mercedes-Benz "Soul" 1 3.45%
Ram "So God Made a Farmer" 12 41.38%
Volkswagen "Get In, Get Happy" 3 10.34%
Hyundai "Team" 0 0%
Hyundai "Stuck" 0 0%
Kia "Hotbots" 2 6.90%
Hyundai "Epic Playdate" 0 0%
Jeep "Whole Again" 4 13.79%
Kia "Space Babies" 3 10.34%
Lincoln "Phoenix" 5 17.24%
Lincoln "Steer The Script" 1 3.45%
Toyota RAV4 "Wish Granted" 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #21
Budderybunz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107821
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Turbo

FF Reputation: 1 Budderybunz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_urn View Post
There is a big difference between corporate farms and privately owned farms. Your description is very accurate for the for former, definitely not the latter.

I have family in Kansas who are farmers, own their own land, and work their butts off, and they definitely don't fit your description. maybe farming in ND is different... I don't know, but the ad's description of farmers is much more accurate than yours for the farmers I know.

That is why I liked the ad. It praised a portion of our society that rarely every gets praise. Would I love to see a similar ad about the military? As a veteran, of course I would. But the military is not the only group of people in this country who do not get nearly enough credit for what they sacrifice for the rest of us.
Even the "small" farms in ND make a very respectable living. I see farming just like every other job... you are providing a good in exchange for payment, why is farming different and deserving of special recognition? Because the job is hard? There are millions of harder jobs that get paid less. No one is forced in to farming, there is no special sacrifice involved. Positions in the military, police force, or fire rescue are a few examples of jobs that actually deserve recognition because they make real sacrifices and put their lives on the line to provide a good for society.

In terms of your family I say "Right on!" when it comes to working your butts off to make a living.

Just to put into perspective where I'm coming from.
My friends family owns a pretty average farm here in ND. They run it 4 months out of the year, make over 300k a year in profit, and their machines are run by GPS so my buddy literally sits in the plow watching netflix while this thing plows the whole field.

Thank you for your service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #22
Budderybunz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107821
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Turbo

FF Reputation: 1 Budderybunz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoGTI View Post
This is the reason I liked the Jeep commercial so much.
Yes, the jeep commercial is great.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #23
dieselboy77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61381
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST ST3

FF Reputation: 2 dieselboy77 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Where was the Fiat 500 commercial?

or other ones?

screw super bowl lol Europe has better commercials

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video
Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #24
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: '03 LX SPI, '10 Chevy HHR

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budderybunz View Post
Even the "small" farms in ND make a very respectable living. I see farming just like every other job... you are providing a good in exchange for payment, why is farming different and deserving of special recognition? Because the job is hard? There are millions of harder jobs that get paid less. No one is forced in to farming, there is no special sacrifice involved. Positions in the military, police force, or fire rescue are a few examples of jobs that actually deserve recognition because they make real sacrifices and put their lives on the line to provide a good for society.
I don't know any ND farmers, so i will have to take your word on that. But it is different for the farmers I know.

I agree that the military, police force, fire rescue, etc. deserve recognition. And I also loved the jeep commercial. But it is not only the people who literally put their lives on the line that sacrifice for this country.

What about the teacher who works 70-80 hours a week teaching, training, and molding the future of our nation. They don't put their lives on the line, do they deserve recognition? If you break their salaries down to an hourly figure, they make slightly more than minimum wage, and pay for a good deal of the books and materials used in their classroom out of their own pocket.

From my experience, I would include the farmers I know in a similar category. Working 80 hours a week, year round, and praying just to brake even when it is all said and done. Having to compete with multibillion dollar corporations who drive the price of crops down to make a few more cents on their cereals and other products. Hoping at the end of the harvest to make enough to stave off foreclosure for another year....

I think those types of people deserve a little recognition. And I applaud Dodge for giving it to them.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #25
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6, 02 ZTS

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Neither of my favorite were car commercials. Although I'm a 9ers fan I found the Joe Montana stain one hilarious.

But if I have to pick, regardless of the brand. The Jeep and Ram was my favorite.

Sedan Revolution#13
Rally Revolution#99
Old 02-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #26
MisterH
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89103
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 2 MisterH Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I actually liked the VW commercial.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #27
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2008 Edge SEL

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
the VW commercial was funny.

My vote goes to the Taco Bell and M&M commercial.

Stinking Fun song (Spanish) and Meatloaf song are stuck in my head now ... lol

Ray
Hatch Nation Member: #147

TeamFocalize Head Honcho

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.

OFFICIAL FOCUSFEST PHOTOS POSTED:CLICKY HERE TO SEE THE AREA OF PHOTOS

Bookmarks & Social Networks