2010 ses Issues - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Jtorch1116
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101959
What I Drive: 2010 Black SES

FF Reputation: 1 Jtorch1116 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2010 ses Issues

I have been stressing about this ever since I got the car more than a year ago and now I'm starting to feel people think I'm crazy lol. I have a 2010 SES 2.0L with Street Exhaust from FSWERKs and K&N now. The issue is the car feels like its constantly bogging. It hates to start cold (but does it with no problem) and jumps in RPMs and fluctuates expecially with the A/C on. When hot at a stoplight the RPMS don't stay still and jump up and down from 400-600 RPM constantly and it vibrates the whole car. It also does't like to go in its final OD gear when cold and stays at 2,000 RPM until warm. Also when shifting its always looking for a gear and I have to let off the gas a bit to allow the car to shift so its not stressing in RPMs. I took the car when it had warrenty and they replaced the motor mount when I didn't have the mods. Recently I took the car to a local mechanic (throwing no codes) and I was told that its how the car was built. Is this true?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
Jtorch1116
Focus Rookie

For instance, you could see the passenger seat head rest vibrating at every stop light an feel the pedal and floor kind of vibrate.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
sam fisher
I hate dents!

Fan#: 103137
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
Youv just explained everything I HATE about mine . Lots of the same unexplained problems

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using FF Mobile
Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
leh0825
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!

Fan#: 63206
What I Drive: 04 F250 FX4 6.0L

FF Reputation: 8 leh0825 Good Standing Member
well for one yes your a/c on will drop your RPM's. and how cold of starts are you talking about? are you saying 40s 50s? mine has strated no problems, most of the time, starting in the teens or negatives.
with the bogging, do you have a tune? that could help with the bogging. with the extra air that might help some...
Team Duratec #220/Sedan Revolution #179/NW Posse#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller_1974 View Post
Geesh. I mean I know it's just a Focus to the repair shop, but they couldn't give You something other than a rolling vagina to drive?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
UnbridledCarnage
Rhinoliner!!!

Fan#: 66551
What I Drive: 03 Rhinoliner'd ZX3 AdvanceTrac

FF Reputation: 9 UnbridledCarnage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
moved ya over to tech chat. youll get more help here
Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
calebstubstad
Chef Boyardee

Fan#: 103240
What I Drive: 2000 Atlantic Blue LX

FF Reputation: 4 calebstubstad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leh0825 View Post
well for one yes your a/c on will drop your RPM's. and how cold of starts are you talking about? are you saying 40s 50s? mine has strated no problems, most of the time, starting in the teens or negatives.
with the bogging, do you have a tune? that could help with the bogging. with the extra air that might help some...
I wish cold starts were that warm.. my cold starts are 30 below zero unplugged and she fires right up. my 2000 spi has the same rattles and stuff, bugs the outta me
Rally Revolution #43
[HOONIGAN]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
Not the bear the zoo deserves, but the bear the zoo needs.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #7
5characters
No Mo Fo Fo

Fan#: 78897
What I Drive: 2012 M2 Touring

FF Reputation: 2 5characters Good Standing Member
Drive with OD off unless on the freeway, helps the bog and wont need to go into 4th.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #8
Jtorch1116
Focus Rookie

I'm talking about Florida weather, lowest it gets here is 60. So most of the time it's humid. I don't currently have a tune but don't plan on it, I'm working two jobs and going to school, one which requires me delivering and I don't Allow the car to shift a lot when in small areas to save the transmission. I was think a lemon TB, bad plugs, coils, fuel delivery? I have no idea but its no throwing any codes. My next car after I get the money will probably be a 2004 subaru WRX STI after the focus gets me through life now, I just hope with all the miles of traveling and delivering the car can hold, my brothers GTI runs all day and has 100,000 miles without missing abeat. If this car wasn't an automatic I'd put more money into it but I guess I have to accept the fact that a automatic wont hold a turbo for everyday....

Bookmarks & Social Networks