2013 Titanium or ST - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #31
pmason718
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53726
What I Drive: 2010 Coupe Blue Flame Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 pmason718 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolto View Post
Have you test driven either vehicle? I think you'll be able to answer your own question after getting a feel for how each drives. If the Ti has enough power to satisfy you, go with that and get the better fuel economy, more comfy ride, and more features.

On the other hand, what about the latest Escape? You can get both the 2.0 Ecoboost engine in it and whatever features you want to tack on and still get good fuel economy. And you could sell your truck and drag your bikes around with an Escape as well.

I just test drove the auto tranny on the Ti and its cool gotta drive the ST at some point. I have a custom enclosed trailer that the escape would pull that great on 8hour trips or longer plus I own the truck not looking to part ways with it now. I did find a Ti spec'd the same as the one I listed but its a manual may get that one we'll see

The window sticker says that it has remote start is this true? Is Ford actually putting remote starts on manuals?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmason718 View Post
I just test drove the auto tranny on the Ti and its cool gotta drive the ST at some point. I have a custom enclosed trailer that the escape would pull that great on 8hour trips or longer plus I own the truck not looking to part ways with it now. I did find a Ti spec'd the same as the one I listed but its a manual may get that one we'll see

The window sticker says that it has remote start is this true? Is Ford actually putting remote starts on manuals?
Remote start was standard on the 2013 Titanium, I'm not sure if its actually installed on the manuals or not though.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #33
ImaPoser
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109280
What I Drive: 2013 focus hb titanium in perf blue

FF Reputation: 1 ImaPoser Good Standing Member
Quote:
Because I'm getting the Ti for 21k otd including taxes and fees
Wait. You're getting the Ti with an MSRP of $26.7K for $21k OTD, so approx. $19K before taxes?
Old 02-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #34
pmason718
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Wait. You're getting the Ti with an MSRP of $26.7K for $21k OTD, so approx. $19K before taxes?

I'm don't think its 19K but the total OTD is 22K but if they let me use the $750 in private cash I will add $250 to it and that will take off $1000 making it $21K. In NC the sales tax on a new vehicle is only 3% why is this a great deal? Also I don't feel bad or at least its not that hard to make this decision now knowing the dealership has a manual Ti on the lot even though the ST is a 6 speed manual. I probably would be drawn to the ST more if it wasn't race red. Below is the link to the ST there selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2013-...item1c2fca621b
Old 02-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #35
ImaPoser
Focus Rookie

Quote:
I'm don't think its 19K but the total OTD is 22K but if they let me use the $750 in private cash I will add $250 to it and that will take off $1000 making it $21K. In NC the sales tax on a new vehicle is only 3% why is this a great deal?
Without knowing what rebates you are getting there versus what is available to me here, it sounds like it to me. I'm shopping for just the base titanium, MSRP is $25K. Best pricing I'm getting is $23k before rebates, after those come off and taxes are added on, I'm right back at $23k OTD. And that's with a sticker of $1.7K less!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #36
pmason718
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Remote start was standard on the 2013 Titanium, I'm not sure if its actually installed on the manuals or not though.
I know in the past especially when remote starts became popular they were not installed on manuals hopefully someone with a manual can chime in on this one
Old 02-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #37
pmason718
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Without knowing what rebates you are getting there versus what is available to me here, it sounds like it to me. I'm shopping for just the base titanium, MSRP is $25K. Best pricing I'm getting is $23k before rebates, after those come off and taxes are added on, I'm right back at $23k OTD. And that's with a sticker of $1.7K less!
Forgot to mention im purchasing the car using Ford's A-plan
Old 02-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #38
ImaPoser
Focus Rookie

Quote:
I was looking at the dealers sheet today. MSRP $24,995. Invoice was $23,769. X plan was $23,840(ish), A plan was a hair over $23,080(ish). Their first offer was invoice, and when I gave them a price of $23K I was quoted online, they said they could match it. With rebates, that still puts me at $23k OTD. Your $1000 less on a car that stickers for $1500 more. Unless you have monster rebates that aren't available in my part of the country, you are getting it well below A plan. I may need to talk to more dealers.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #39
pmason718
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I was looking at the dealers sheet today. MSRP $24,995. Invoice was $23,769. X plan was $23,840(ish), A plan was a hair over $23,080(ish). Their first offer was invoice, and when I gave them a price of $23K I was quoted online, they said they could match it. With rebates, that still puts me at $23k OTD. Your $1000 less on a car that stickers for $1500 more. Unless you have monster rebates that aren't available in my part of the country, you are getting it well below A plan. I may need to talk to more dealers.

In my area there is a $2500 rebate available in addition to the a plan offer
Old 02-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #40
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Quote:
Titanium $26,780

Sterling Gray with Titanium handling package (nice 18" 5 spoke wheels)
Navi
Park Assist
heated seats
NO Moonroof
Rear view camera with senors
automatic
ambient lighting
remote start
That car on A/Z plan is stickering for $24,492 A/Z plan before any and all rebates. Currently there is either an $1000 RCL cash incentive in total split between two, one $250 one, and a $750 auto show bonus cash until 2/4/13 here, making the A/Z plan price 23492 before taxes and incentives. So unless they are offering a larger rebate, or it was an old unit there just isn't that much off to get it to 22k OTD. A base Ti starts at 22,157 on a/z plan. So I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from unless you have a $2500 rebate or so.

So the car really isn't selling in N.Y. then.

Bookmarks & Social Networks