2013 Titanium or ST - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #21
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '13 Performance Blue Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_infrared_zx4 View Post
You really need a backup cam in a five door hatch? that's what mirrors and turning your head are for. i understand backup cams in large vehicles but hatch's...they simply do not belong and are not necessary, in my mind. i back into my garage with my '06 zx4 without a backup cam or sensors just fine, everyday.
If you want to take that angle, nobody needs an ST, radio, or nicer wheels. I live off the side of a hill and the backup camera just makes things much swifter when backing into the garage or out of the driveway. Do I need it, no! Do I like it, oh yeah. It makes no sense why it isn't even offered on ST.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #22
pmason718
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53726
What I Drive: 2010 Coupe Blue Flame Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 pmason718 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo86GT View Post
So why a Ti? Why not a similarly equipped SE and save yourself some cash? I got a $24k SE with every option except moonroof and rear sensors out the door for $20k. Helluva deal! A comparable Titanium was 4 grand more... just for some pushbutton start, and door handles with sensors? No thanks.

Because I'm getting the Ti for 21k otd including taxes and fees
Old 02-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #23
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EggYolkBill View Post
If you want to take that angle, nobody needs an ST, radio, or nicer wheels. I live off the side of a hill and the backup camera just makes things much swifter when backing into the garage or out of the driveway. Do I need it, no! Do I like it, oh yeah. It makes no sense why it isn't even offered on ST.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
It makes perfect sense why its not offered, the manual transmission, no manual transmission equipped 2012+ Ford Focus in North America is available with the back up camera, not even the Titanium. Even if it was available with a manual and back up camera in Europe, they don't wish to make that available here. And as long as its not a requirement yet they won't put them on the car.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #24
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
The MFT system has a video input so feel free to buy an aftermarket rear view camera.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #25
06_infrared_zx4
Teddy_Ruxbin

Fan#: 91369
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 4 06_infrared_zx4 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
The MFT system has a video input so feel free to buy an aftermarket rear view camera.
This. If you want the manual it is.

Sounds like you would much rather have the DCT and cushy seats. I don't see any reason you're even contemplating the ST for your purposes. Get the Titanium and be happy with your purchase.

The DCT is the one thing keeping me away from all the 2012+ Foci. Just not a fan of the operation of the contraption. Not a fan of automatics at all really. Got an auto because i was in need of a car, quickly and couldn't be choosy. The next one will certainly be a true to form manual trans.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #26
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_infrared_zx4 View Post
This. If you want the manual it is.

Sounds like you would much rather have the DCT and cushy seats. I don't see any reason you're even contemplating the ST for your purposes. Get the Titanium and be happy with your purchase.

The DCT is the one thing keeping me away from all the 2012+ Foci. Just not a fan of the operation of the contraption. Not a fan of automatics at all really. Got an auto because i was in need of a car, quickly and couldn't be choosy. The next one will certainly be a true to form manual trans.
The DCT was one of the things that would cause me to buy a 2012+ Focus over the competition, the 5MT suffered from having the same gear ratios for years, and having been matched by my old car. I was tired of running at 3000 rpm at 70 mph.

I do like the 6MT in the ST though, and given the choice I may have waited and gone with the ST, but I needed a car by May 2012 as my old car was getting too rusty, as well as having had over 235,000 miles on it.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #27
macdiesel
I used to drive this

Fan#: 31579
What I Drive: 2010 mazdaspeed3

FF Reputation: 21 macdiesel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
ST, nuff said
Old 02-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #28
Bolto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101615
What I Drive: 2012 Plat White Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Bolto Good Standing Member
Have you test driven either vehicle? I think you'll be able to answer your own question after getting a feel for how each drives. If the Ti has enough power to satisfy you, go with that and get the better fuel economy, more comfy ride, and more features.

On the other hand, what about the latest Escape? You can get both the 2.0 Ecoboost engine in it and whatever features you want to tack on and still get good fuel economy. And you could sell your truck and drag your bikes around with an Escape as well.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #29
pmason718
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53726
What I Drive: 2010 Coupe Blue Flame Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 pmason718 Good Standing Member
Ok guys I found another Ti with the same features I listed on the first page but in ruby red metallic and 5spd. How do you guys feel about the manual tranny on the Titanium?
Old 02-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #30
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '13 Performance Blue Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmason718 View Post
Ok guys I found another Ti with the same features I listed on the first page but in ruby red metallic and 5spd. How do you guys feel about the manual tranny on the Titanium?
If you like the color I say go for it. If I could have found a manual in Performance Blue near me, I would have chosen it for sure.

Bookmarks & Social Networks