SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 72 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #711
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybigrc View Post
I am on V3.2.2 and Version 3 of the Navigation software and I dont have any issues.

I am wondering if this upgrade is worth the hassle.

Master resets, Fuse pulling, trips to dealership to reflash the system!

Really? this is worse than a Microsoft Upgrade!
If anything, this upgrade seems to be smoother than 3.0 and 3.2 overall, plus the complaints on functionality/errors/etc... seem to be less. I haven't done it yet, but plan on doing so soon (am on 3.2, but have the climate control issues/non-working).

As Lewis said, the master resets, fuses, re-flash are generally not needed, and should only be done if you're having major issues post upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #712
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Have you tried the new voice commands yet? Just say "Play <song title>" without saying anything like song or track or album after the "play" command.
Well, tried some alternate commands today. I tried "play *song title*", "play title *song title*" all of these yielded the same results. It jsut seems like it is picking a song at random from my ipod. I dont have another ipod to test to see if its my ipod or something to do with sync. Is anyone else having this issue?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #713
fixxer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100842
What I Drive: 2012 Gray Focus Titanium Hb

FF Reputation: 1 fixxer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
Well, tried some alternate commands today. I tried "play *song title*", "play title *song title*" all of these yielded the same results. It jsut seems like it is picking a song at random from my ipod. I dont have another ipod to test to see if its my ipod or something to do with sync. Is anyone else having this issue?
I'm having the same issue after installing 3.5.1. It recognizes the song I'm asking it to play because it confirms it but ends up playing a random song. Very frustrating. It used to work fine in older versions.

Play artist works fine however. Also, if you manually browse for a song by going to artist, then album and then tap on the song name, it also plays a random song from that album. I tried resetting the system and no luck. I wish I could revert back to the old version as play song was the command I used the most.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #714
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer View Post
I'm having the same issue after installing 3.5.1. It recognizes the song I'm asking it to play because it confirms it but ends up playing a random song. Very frustrating. It used to work fine in older versions.

Play artist works fine however. Also, if you manually browse for a song by going to artist, then album and then tap on the song name, it also plays a random song from that album. I tried resetting the system and no luck. I wish I could revert back to the old version as play song was the command I used the most.
I did notice that "play Artist *who ever*" worked fine for me also. I also noticed the same results if browsing play list and manually selecting a song with the touch screen.

I got a chance to do further testing today... My wife found her ipod. Hers is identical to mine an 80GB 5th gen ipod classic. I plugged it in and it recognized it, and after indexing and building voice commands it worked flawlessly. The commands "play song *whatever*" or "play *whatever*" worked as intended. I am guessing that my playlist metadata somehow got corrupted. I am gonna try a wipe of my ipod and rebuilding my playlist.
When I first updated to 3.5.1 I didnt have this issue, it jsut started happening a few days later. I will report back after i get my playlist rebuilt and do some testing.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #715
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '13 Performance Blue Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
If anyone is interested, I found a simple way to get playlists using a USB flash or MicroSD card. I can start a thread unless there already is one.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #716
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggYolkBill View Post
If anyone is interested, I found a simple way to get playlists using a USB flash or MicroSD card. I can start a thread unless there already is one.
what do you mean "get playlists"? do you mean using a flash/sd card instead of my ipod?
Old 02-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #717
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '13 Performance Blue Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
what do you mean "get playlists"? do you mean using a flash/sd card instead of my ipod?
That is exactly what I mean. I have a 128GB flash drive with my entire music collection and playlists in my Focus now.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #718
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

UPDATE:
If anyone else has this smae problem here was my solution... hooked up my ipod to my laptop did a factory restore completely wiping my media then rebuilt my playlist.

This seemed to fix my issue. It now works as it did before. IDK what happend, but my playlist metadata or track info must have somehow got corrupted and is now good to go.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #719
Flybigrc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103155
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Flybigrc Good Standing Member
I did the 3.5.1 install on Saturday and it went without a hitch. Replaced the V3 Nav SD card with the Version 4 and all worked just fine. The install took about 60 minutes to complete. I did have to enter in all of my favorites and Points of interest including my home in the Navigation. All of my SAT Preset stations were still ther but they were in a different order. My AM and FM presets did not change. My Wallpapers were also still there.

I did have to resync my iphone (still no texting support) but it works fine. My IPod seeking and use works just fine also.

No Problems with any features, everything seems to be working just fine. I did not have any issues before this upgrade FYI. I haven't realy noticed any big changes in anything with the upgrade.

One bummer on the upgrade: I lost all my Song ALERTS stored for SAT Radio....

Last edited by Flybigrc; 02-12-2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 02-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #720
IngotMK3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42911
What I Drive: MK3 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 IngotMK3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I have yet to hook up my sync - is it worth it?

Bookmarks & Social Networks