cold air intake help - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #1
Snayr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102082
What I Drive: 2012, Sterling Gray, Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 Snayr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cold Air Intake(s) - Help me make up my mind.

So... I'm ready to pull the trigger on ordering this: http://www.amazon.com/69-3517TS-Perf...hu-rd_add_1_dp

However, I'm always open to suggestions, feedback, voices of reason, and better prices... this will be my first mod on my Focus, hoping to get the ball rolling on more this upcoming summer.

I realize there have been lots of discussions on CAI's, but I really don't have the time to find them all. I've been on this website reading thread after thread about CAI's and Exhausts for 3+ hours this early morning already...

Anyways, I would appreciate anything that you all have to chip in with. Assuming it's productive. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Bogey
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104241
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 Bogey Good Standing Member
Ill give you my opinion. I am all for tweaking this and that giving more hp to my vehicle with the added bonus mpg as well, and also i am concerned about my investment in my transportation needs, a ford dealer told me a cai wont void anything "unless they can find fault" which your intake is lungs of your engine and they could find fault with it in any casr allmost if they wanted too. So cai is in the works enventually for me just after i hit the 60,000 km mark, and my first upgrade will be a cat-back exhaust, because anything behind the second cat wont void anything. Food for thought possibly or you dont mind voiding the warranty up to you.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
Bogey
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104241
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 Bogey Good Standing Member
But that is a really good price $80-90 off. I like k&n's, because it doesnt use the stock intake tube.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
Snayr
Focus Rookie

Reading a lot of the threads, I was under the impression that it'd be highly unlikely for a CAI to void the warranty. Obviously, I'm all for protecting my investment as well... So would like to hear other opinions on this too. I've been considering upgrading the exhaust as well, but was leaning towards CAI due to the performance and gas increases... Can only afford 1 upgrade before the wedding in May, haha.

Edit: Yeah, it is a good price. Looked around everywhere for the same model, and that was by far the best price. It's amazon.com - but my fiancee is American, so I just have everything ship there.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
Creative
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108024
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 Creative Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
The dealership by me basically told me that anything I alter on the car that did not come with it from the factory can void the manufactures warranty (whether its problem or not). The dealership themselves who has the extended warranty also told me they will not void my warranty unless the part is the problem which they said they would gladly replace back to stock if needed but as we all know it's going to cost an arm and a leg. Lol.

That went for both my daily and my st3 model. They also said that if they install the part they would make sure it properly worked before releasing the vehicle to me.

The dealership I showed the fswerks short ram and the tech told me that would be an acceptable modification becuase it does not alter the location of the intake.

As the old saying goes, you have to pay to play.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
wantz12
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89237
What I Drive: 2012 White FF Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 wantz12 Good Standing Member
Not sure if you ordered or not, but there's a few of us on the forums that have this intake. Personally I love mine. Sound is nice. Little bit of extra power (and it is noticeable). Quiet at highway speeds. Doesn't affect gas mileage. Anways, worth the money in my mind.
HN #167
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
KosKo425
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105840
What I Drive: Beast Mode MK3

FF Reputation: 1 KosKo425 Good Standing Member
Just installed my Green Filter....love it.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
Snayr
Focus Rookie

I'm still considering it. I'm getting married in 3 months, so that's taking precedence right now, haha. The ONLY thing stopping me from ordering one is the whole "will it have an effect on my warranty?" question.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
leh0825
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!

Fan#: 63206
What I Drive: 04 F250 FX4 6.0L

FF Reputation: 8 leh0825 Good Standing Member
i don't know about Canada but here in the states Yes you can legally modify your vehicle, as long as the modification does NOT cause the failure and can be proven without a doubt by the stealership that it caused the issue.
Team Duratec #220/Sedan Revolution #179/NW Posse#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller_1974 View Post
Geesh. I mean I know it's just a Focus to the repair shop, but they couldn't give You something other than a rolling vagina to drive?
Old 02-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #10
wantz12
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89237
What I Drive: 2012 White FF Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 wantz12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snayr View Post
I'm still considering it. I'm getting married in 3 months, so that's taking precedence right now, haha. The ONLY thing stopping me from ordering one is the whole "will it have an effect on my warranty?" question.
I hear that. Saving up for a wedding ring myself. I told my GF she's keeping me from buying a catback - she gave me this look .

It won't have any effect on the warranty. The dealership is required to prove that the intake was the issue should anything go wrong. Again, I've had mine for about 6 months now and haven't had a single problem.
HN #167

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->