Help: Replacing Eibach front strut from Saleen kit - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
Lumadar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10555
What I Drive: 2006 Focus ZX3 SE Infra Red

FF Reputation: 2 Lumadar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Help: Replacing Eibach front strut from Saleen kit

Hi everyone,

I recently took my 2006 ZX3 in for its 60,000 maintenance and an alignment, and was notified that my driver's side strut was bent and leaking. I put the Eibach/Saleen kit suspension on my car about 5 years ago, and couldn't find exact part numbers so I called eibach....

Let's just say the guy who answered was clueless on the subject. Eventually, he sent me a pair of front Pro Damper struts for the 03-04 model year according to his system as he didn't know anything about the Saleen kit.

They arrived today and I noticed it is black... not silver like the ones from my kit. It does say Pro Damper on it, though, like the originals.

By some act of God, does anyone know if these are the right ones? They appear to be very similar (from what I can tell since the kit ones are installed and hard to see), if not the same except the new ones are black instead of silver.

I would hate to drop the car off only to find they don't even fit...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
anarchy0392
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102873
What I Drive: 2002, Silver, SE

FF Reputation: 2 anarchy0392 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
They will fit just put my whole kit in today :) its just painted a different colour most likely. The only way it could be different is if it was a camber/caster kit.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
front struts are different 00-05 and 06-07. You may have a super early build that has the different knuckle but if he really sent 03-04 struts be prepared to have the bottom part be too small

omni kit from Massive could help- or just call back and raise hell. id measure before then though
Old 01-31-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
Lumadar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10555
What I Drive: 2006 Focus ZX3 SE Infra Red

FF Reputation: 2 Lumadar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well, the kit installed without a hitch in the first place, so I am guessing I do have the early build. I know the standard kit fit... so in theory the 04 ones should also. I just thought it was odd they were a totally different color.

Bookmarks & Social Networks