Worst and Best Car Audio Brands - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #11
Njk570
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109191
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Njk570 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanzx5 View Post
rockford should just about be in each of those list. prime is its lowest series but decent entry level for some of it. punch is dependant on what punch line. p1 and p2 is more entry level but the p3 done right is a great choice. not completly hq but can be there if done right. power series amps should be in the comp level list for sure and i have had great results using the power subs in comps to. about 4 years running rockford power series subs in spl comps and i have yet to place in anything under 2nd place.

there are other thing in the hq list i would put in the comp list but all in all this is a great list.
This list isnt just fr SPL, this is for HQ set ups as well, and everything in consideration. Almost every single audio company has different Tiers of there equipment, higher end and lower end. This was just for the companies as a whole. Making a list for each individual tier within a company would take hours. But feel free to make one, .
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #12
Njk570
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Zetechse View Post
this list is a old list theres alot of brands not currently around any more plus the comp brands are far from complete
I believe this list was made in 2006 or 2007. But these brands are the most commonly used. There may be some missing, but no ones perfect you know.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

Points 4,188, Level 41
Points: 4,188, Level: 41 Points: 4,188, Level: 41 Points: 4,188, Level: 41
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i wasnt trying to say that it was in the wrong part of the list based on the way they divide their product up. more of saying that some of the punch stuff could be used in hq and a good amount of the power series in the comp section.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #14
Jeffrosilver07
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104592
What I Drive: 2007 Silver Focus SE

Points 495, Level 9
Points: 495, Level: 9 Points: 495, Level: 9 Points: 495, Level: 9
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 Jeffrosilver07 Good Standing Member
It is a good list. Im my opinion there are a couple of things I would change. There are some brands that I would change around on the list mainly because of personal preference and because of experience with the brands. Morel for one I would put on the High-end/Competition portion of the list. (My Morel front speakers are $2200 a pair). I would also add Mosconi to the list of competition amplifiers. Again it is totally an opinion and in no way am I trashing your list.

My old SVT Focus consisted of Alpine (HU) Polk audio SR speakers (There high-end speakers) and JL Audio Slash amps and W7 subwoofers. I used that system to compete for a couple years. Got rid of that car awhile ago.

My new (well used) 07 Focus is still in the process of being built (so far is taking 4 months) and is going to be an absurdly built stereo for sound quality competing and for shows. Currently using Old Pioneer PRS head unit (will be changing very soon). Morel Elate 3-way component speakers (molded into A-pillars). Trying to decide if i'm going to use JL Audio for the subwoofers again or if i'm going to go with the Morel Ultimo subs. The amplifiers that I am currently using are 3 Mosconi AS line amplifiers.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #15
Njk570
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrosilver07 View Post
It is a good list. Im my opinion there are a couple of things I would change. There are some brands that I would change around on the list mainly because of personal preference and because of experience with the brands. Morel for one I would put on the High-end/Competition portion of the list. (My Morel front speakers are $2200 a pair). I would also add Mosconi to the list of competition amplifiers. Again it is totally an opinion and in no way am I trashing your list.

My old SVT Focus consisted of Alpine (HU) Polk audio SR speakers (There high-end speakers) and JL Audio Slash amps and W7 subwoofers. I used that system to compete for a couple years. Got rid of that car awhile ago.

My new (well used) 07 Focus is still in the process of being built (so far is taking 4 months) and is going to be an absurdly built stereo for sound quality competing and for shows. Currently using Old Pioneer PRS head unit (will be changing very soon). Morel Elate 3-way component speakers (molded into A-pillars). Trying to decide if i'm going to use JL Audio for the subwoofers again or if i'm going to go with the Morel Ultimo subs. The amplifiers that I am currently using are 3 Mosconi AS line amplifiers.
Couldnt agree more, Morel is a very quality brand name. I haven't had any personal use with them but i have heard of there excellence. Almost every person ive heard using Morel, had nothing to say bad about them. In your case, id deff go with Morel. I personally am not a big fan of JL, due to there sticker price, and what you really get for them money. But in the end it's what your looking to do. And like i said before, I did not create this list nor take the credit for this. I just thought it was a good list myself and am just passing along the info.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #16
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 133,094, Level 100
Points: 133,094, Level: 100 Points: 133,094, Level: 100 Points: 133,094, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 66%
Activity: 66% Activity: 66% Activity: 66%
FF Reputation: 48 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemind View Post
You've never used any of the old Clairion decks have you.

It is a pretty solid list but, there be holes there.

Welcome to the site.

I agree, how can you call Boss entry level, that goes on the bad list and I've used some decent Pyle stuff before. List needs a little revision but for the most part it's not bad bad.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 02-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
02Zetechse
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 65832
What I Drive: 2002 Satin Black SE

FF Reputation: 6 02Zetechse Good Standing Member
Alot of competition brands missing:

Audio Technix
Atmos Audio
DC Audio
Digital Designs
Addictive Audio
Krome Loudspeakers
Sundown
AudioQue
Rd Audio
GPI
Flatline Audio
B2 audio

I know theres more im missing
Old 02-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #18
Jeffrosilver07
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104592
What I Drive: 2007 Silver Focus SE

Points 495, Level 9
Points: 495, Level: 9 Points: 495, Level: 9 Points: 495, Level: 9
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 Jeffrosilver07 Good Standing Member
on the SQ side of things for competition just to name a few.

Morel
Mosconi
Genesis
Audison
Brax
Sinfoni (euro amps)
Mcintosh
Milbert (tube amps)
Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #19
Njk570
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Again......I didnt make the list! This was an old list from 2005 i believe. A lot has changed since then. There's a BOAT LOAD of car audio companies, but you all know as well as i do, majority of these people have never heard of a lot of those names. This list was meant for people that really didn't have any knowledge at car audio. I wouldn't recommend higher SQ and Competition brands to someone who just wants to get started on car audio. It might be a hobby they really are'nt into in the end. Best to work your way up from the bottom to the top in my opinion . I mean ive went to a very low end, Bazooka amp and a single 12" Pioneer woofer and i even thought that was amazing, and i slowly learned as i got older that there are much bigger and better things out there. Now i have 2 Rockford Fosgate t-2500 powering two audioque 18s....and im still not satisfied. ;]
Old 02-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #20
02Zetechse
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 65832
What I Drive: 2002 Satin Black SE

FF Reputation: 6 02Zetechse Good Standing Member
I have to disagree, Id rather see someone new buy a good quality competition brand and get a good quality product that will take abuse of a newbie who thinks the gain is a volume knob .

We know you didnt make the list, we are just adding current information to this list to better educate consumers

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.