Oil Leak: Dealer said Ford stated This is NORMAL - Page 12 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #111
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderKev View Post
Well, They don't think anything is wrong with the clutch/trans. However, they do not deny the fact that it is leaking oil.
According to the TSB, an oil leak automatically qualifies you for a new clutch assy and seals, regardless of how well the transmission/clutch is working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #112
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Ah yes, buy the extended Ford Warranty, and they'll treat you right.
I bought the extended warranty and I haven't been treated right. Not by a long shot.

Unless you consider having a dealership cause problems with your car and then being repeatedly told that the obvious dealership-induced problems with your car are "normal" being 'treated right'. Personally, I don't consider that being treated right.

I would consider GETTING MY CAR FIXED as being "treated right". But I don't think that's ever going to happen. Not until my warranty is up and I have the option of paying $1000+ out of my own pocket to rectify the shoddy repair work of a Ford dealer.

I will say that I did get a rental for each of the 4 or 5 times I've had to take my car in.

Maybe I'll take it in on a Friday and get a rental for the weekend... so I can have a decent car to enjoy for a couple of days until I go back to my Clunky Vibrator (yes, that its official name now), which the dealership will assure me is operating 'normally'.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #113
ThunderKev
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94746
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL Candy Blue

FF Reputation: 1 ThunderKev Good Standing Member
Haha. I just find it sad after about 5000 miles/1 year of ownership I am having these issues. Very well kept, I drive her to go shopping or friends or what have you, which isn't much, and then I have a company vehicle for work - that gets my miles.

Honestly, I do like the car... But I wish Ford would take it off my hands. Give me a partial refund. Dedicate my time and money toward my Thunderbird. Sad a 95 T-Bird that's been abused is more dependable :P

I was being sarcastic about the treating you right part though. Getting a very under loaded Toyota Yaris as a daily rental... Ford should rent out a car of my class. I bought a well loaded car, Ford should offer to pay more for a daily rental to keep me in the same class of car I bought :(
Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #114
Strix
Focus Addict

Quote:
I was being sarcastic about the treating you right part though. Getting a very under loaded Toyota Yaris as a daily rental... Ford should rent out a car of my class. I bought a well loaded car, Ford should offer to pay more for a daily rental to keep me in the same class of car I bought :(
Ah, sorry, I need to have my sarcasm detector calibrated. It's a bit off from all the ambient sarcasm around here.

And hell, I'd be happy to have a stripped out Toyota Yaris for a couple of days... anything for a respite from my bouncy, clunky, vibrating, I used to love it but now I hate it Focus.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #115
ThunderKev
Focus Rookie

Sadly it's the only car that meets all my needs. I've driven the Cruze, the new Dart today (which I do like, but it has a few drawbacks), and a few others.

The Focus has a hatchback, which is useful for carrying stuff, good on fuel, and has nice luxury features like Heated seats, dual electronic climate control. But the downside is stuff isn't working right. MFT has been acting up, but I've been living with it... Well, figured since I gave them the car, they could hopefully address everything
Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #116
Strix
Focus Addict

Quote:
Sadly it's the only car that meets all my needs. I've driven the Cruze, the new Dart today (which I do like, but it has a few drawbacks), and a few others.

The Focus has a hatchback, which is useful for carrying stuff, good on fuel, and has nice luxury features like Heated seats, dual electronic climate control. But the downside is stuff isn't working right. MFT has been acting up, but I've been living with it... Well, figured since I gave them the car, they could hopefully address everything
Yeah... it would be a nice car if Ford would actually fix the problems instead of telling people that everything is just fine.

Webster's needs to add a new entry under 'normal'.

normal: adjective, (ˈnȯr-məl) we don't want to fix your car, now shut up and go away
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #117
ThunderKev
Focus Rookie

Ford called me today.

The oil leak is normal. That's oil from assembly, to help slide everything into place.

The transmission acting up is covered by a TSB that reprograms my PCM/ABS/Traction Control. That'll fix the issues I described and others described here. They did not open the trans/engine up.

They updated MyFord Touch/Sync, rotated my tires, and changed my oil. Apparently the oil stain on the lower engine shield wasn't oil either. I'm just full of it... Guess I got nothing else I can do except deal with it, and wait 2 more times, then they can lemon it out?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #118
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Ford called me today.
Was it an employee of Ford or an employee of a Ford dealer?

Quote:
Apparently the oil stain on the lower engine shield wasn't oil either.
According to them, what was it?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #119
ThunderKev
Focus Rookie

Yes, Ford Dealer :P

They said the stain looks more like stains from the elements outside. So they probably didn't want to do the actual work, cleaned it off, and hope for the best? No clue.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #120
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Yes, Ford Dealer :P

They said the stain looks more like stains from the elements outside. So they probably didn't want to do the actual work, cleaned it off, and hope for the best? No clue.
Doubtful, unless there was a large enough gap generally its sealed to the bottom of the engine compartment.

Bookmarks & Social Networks