Apples and Oranges - New Car Feedback Wanted - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: WRX or Mustang V6 Perf Pkg.
2013 WRX 5 door 13 59.09%
2014 Mustang V6 Perf. Pkg. 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
ZX4STDoug
I don't care

Fan#: 19367
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang V6 6 speed

Points 7,043, Level 55
Points: 7,043, Level: 55 Points: 7,043, Level: 55 Points: 7,043, Level: 55
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 13 ZX4STDoug Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Apples and Oranges - New Car Feedback Wanted

I dont get on here too much anymore as I havent owned the Focus in over 5 years now, but I still browse a bit. Im looking to get opinions/feedback from others on a couple of new cars Im eyeing as my next purchase. I love my GTI, and its been a blast to drive. Other than some known issues which were addressed early on, its been pretty reliable. However its at 80K miles now and although its my 5th VW/Audi product, I think Im ready for a change.

The two new cars Im looking at are a 2013 WRX 5 door or a 2014 Mustang V6 Premium coupe with a manual trans. and the V6 Performance Package.

I sell Subarus for a living, and can order exactly what I want for a very fair price. I also get X Plan and would order the Mustang equipped the way I want it.

Using current incentives on the Mustang, it would run about around 1300.00 more than the WRX. Id gain factory heated seats (vs aftermarket in the WRX), leather, dual power seats, heated mirrors, Sirius (already have), and a much higher quality audio system. Of course rebates could increase on the Mustang by spring time, and that would lower that spread. There are no incentives on the WRX and wont be, so that pricing wont change.

I love the practicality of a hatch, and would certainly miss that with the Mustang, though it would probably cut down on my Costco and Lowes trips

Both are pretty mod-friendly and theres decent aftermarket support for both. Im less concerned with the whole AWD vs. RWD being here in Michigan, because Id run dedicated winter tires/wheels on either of them.

Both obviously have their pros and cons, and like any purchase, some things may be more important to me than to someone else. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.