Interior air/wind noise. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
Zeeky
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109305
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SE

Points 344, Level 6
Points: 344, Level: 6 Points: 344, Level: 6 Points: 344, Level: 6
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Zeeky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Interior air/wind noise.

Hey all. I recently picked up a 2012 Focus SE, and am curious about an issue I am having. Having looked through this site, and some general google work, I have not yet seen anyone discussing loud air/wind noise getting into the cabin of the vehicle. In fact, most reviews of the car actually compliment the car on how quiet the interior is (aside from some of the plastic/dash rattles that seem to pop up that is).

With mine though, it almost sounds as if the window is partially down (no, it isn't...I checked :P). Even in the city it sounds loud, but especially on the highway. In fact, a friend of mine was chatting with me over the bluetooth connection, and he said it sounded like I was in a wind tunnel.

I need to have someone else drive the car and confirm if it is coming from anywhere else, but for right now I can definitely hear it from the driver window area. It isn't coming from the front/bottom of the driver window (I don't think it is related to the mirrors). Rather, it is coming from the top middle of the driver window.

I have checked the seal/strip/trim in so much as I know how, and putting my fingers up against that area while driving doesn't seem to help. The noise is loud enough though that it rivals the sound I was getting from my last car which had an actual loose seal/trim/strip that I could pop back into place whenever it made a noise.

I don't notice anything near this loud on my brother's car (which, while it is a different brand, is still a smaller vehicle of similar stats). I thought perhaps it was just my imagination due to coming from a car which had a very loud engine (i.e., maybe the LACK of loud engine noise in my Focus makes the airflow noise on this car seem louder than it should be), but I can't imagine that even doing 30 mph it should sound like a window is down.

Any thoughts on this?

Bookmarks & Social Networks