Is this really normal? - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #41
powermax
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105453
What I Drive: Ex 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 2 powermax Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Did You check your built date? The New replacement one doest have a bit of a rattle in the dash but only when its really cold once the car warms up it stops. I really dont want to go back to the dealer for that. I will wait till the 1st oil change and I will go to a different dealer to see of they can solve it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #42
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
. Ugh why can't Apple just make the iCar sine I know that would work right and be great.
Careful for what you wish for........http://applequalitycomplaints.blogspot.com/

Apple is not all sugar and spice and all things nice.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #43
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by powermax View Post
Did You check your built date? The New replacement one doest have a bit of a rattle in the dash but only when its really cold once the car warms up it stops. I really dont want to go back to the dealer for that. I will wait till the 1st oil change and I will go to a different dealer to see of they can solve it.
My build date is 07/12!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Careful for what you wish for........http://applequalitycomplaints.blogspot.com/

Apple is not all sugar and spice and all things nice.
I guess there is always bad seeds! But really someone complaining about fraudulent charges from iTunes should know that you always contact your card issuer and do a chargeback. They will also give you a new card and account number.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #44
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejordan View Post
np. and afaik all work for those individuals was done under warranty. this is because the dealer and customer were both on the same page and willing to work together...
thejordan,

You can say that again; communicating with your dealership is key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
...Then you'll end up hating a car that you liked quite a lot when you purchased it...
Itís very important to me that you to go back to enjoying your Focus, Strix; let me know (via PM) when youíre returning for service so I can arrange a follow-up.

Quote:
...Ford Cus Service set up a CSM to call me which really didn't accomplish much but hey he tried his best...
snow12,

Iím sure your dealer will take care of you; please keep me in the loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powermax View Post
I was having issues with my 1st 2012 focus My dealer offered me to buy the car back for the price I paid for if I got another focus. I got another brand new one better equipped paid close to 1k difference and I'm extremely happy...
I love seeing stories like this, powermax; Iím glad you love your ride.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 01-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #45
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
thejordan,

snow12,

Iím sure your dealer will take care of you; please keep me in the loop.

Cory
I just got back from the dealership where the gave me a loner 2013 Focus. It drives SOOOO much better than my Focus so I am positive there is an issue with mine. The dealer has been very accommodating, still disappointed that
a car with less than 8000 miles is having transmission issues.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #46
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
I just got back from the dealership where the gave me a loner 2013 Focus. It drives SOOOO much better than my Focus so I am positive there is an issue with mine. The dealer has been very accommodating...
Thatís great, snow12; your service department will make sure youíre happy.

Cory

Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #47
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
I just got back from the dealership where the gave me a loner 2013 Focus. It drives SOOOO much better than my Focus so I am positive there is an issue with mine.
I noticed the same thing... of course, I'm still told 'unable to duplicate' and that the operation of my car is 'normal'.

There are now at least 10 Focuses in our company parking and when I ask the owners if they have any issues like a harsh and bouncy ride up front, clunk noises when driving over broken pavement, clicking noises when turning the wheel, and vibrations at certain speeds... of course they say "no".

I remember when I didn't have those issues, either... /me sighs
Old 01-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #48
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Itís very important to me that you to go back to enjoying your Focus, Strix; let me know (via PM) when youíre returning for service so I can arrange a follow-up.
Yeah yeah yeah... blah blah blah. I suspect that you only want to know when I'm taking it in so that you can give the dealership a heads-up that I'm an irate and unreasonable customer and that they shouldn't do anything to address my complaints because Ford's already paid for my car to be 'repaired' at another dealership and all the stuff I am complaining about is "normal".
Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #49
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I noticed the same thing... of course, I'm still told 'unable to duplicate' and that the operation of my car is 'normal'.

There are now at least 10 Focuses in our company parking and when I ask the owners if they have any issues like a harsh and bouncy ride up front, clunk noises when driving over broken pavement, clicking noises when turning the wheel, and vibrations at certain speeds... of course they say "no".

I remember when I didn't have those issues, either... /me sighs
Yeah I know mine does a lot of that :( But its funny you bring up other focus owners because I went to my night class tonight and while we were waiting for the professor the girl beside me said "Excuse me but do you drive a new ford focus" I was like yeah how do you know? She said "your key" I explained how this was my loaner etc. She said "Im gonna warm you mine was in the shop 8 times before I had to get an attorney to get rid of the POS, keep all your documents" She explained how she traded in her 2008 focus and got a new one because her old one was great and that the 2012 was nothing but problems for her.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #50
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
...I suspect that you only want to know when I'm taking it in so that you can give the dealership a heads-up that I'm an irate and unreasonable customer...
My motives are much simpler than that, Strix. I want to help so youíre less grumpy. LOL JK

Seriously though, please trust that making you happy with your ride is a very high priority of mine.

Quote:
Yeah I know mine does a lot of that...
snow12,

Are there any updates from your dealer? Please keep me in the loop with your progress.

Cory

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->