IOS 6.1 & MFT - NE1 Try it yet? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
IOS 6.1 & MFT - NE1 Try it yet?

I noticed IOS 6.1 is out but mentions nothing at all regarding any tweaks done to the Bluetooth functionality of the Iphone. I was curious if it affects MFT in any way. I am currently on the 6.01 (i believe). My txt messaging works with incoming but not outgoing, however MFT will tell you the device does not support BT Messaging if you go into that menu or use the voice command and say "messages". I wonder if 6.1 will continue to work the way it does now or would I lose the incoming txt messages I barely have at the moment. LOL.

SO anyone tried it yet?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

Points 3,034, Level 33
Points: 3,034, Level: 33 Points: 3,034, Level: 33 Points: 3,034, Level: 33
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 Bliky Good Standing Member
Pretty sure I have the latest MFT and just updated my iPhone 5 to 6.1 about an hour ago and saw this post and figured i'd try it since I could never get it to work before and I discovered some stuff that "I" didn't know before.

When you pair the phone you have to go into the phones bluetooth settings under synch and enable Show Notifications. Didn't know that was before.

Doing some testing to see if I could get it to work I noticed something. For incoming messages I have my Notifications for "Messages" set to NOT show on the lock screen and NO banner. Just to show in the notification center and the badge icon. With those settings MFT wouldn't recognize any messages. If I turned on banners it made no difference. If I turned on the "Show on lock screen" it actually made it work. With that setting enabled messages would appear but the "Reply" box is grayed out. For iMessages it isn't grayed out (No idea why) but it won't send a message so I assume this is exactly how it behaved before.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
So there was something not that long ago where one of the Ford Customer Care folks said that they were working with Ford but the IOS was to blame for being non-standard implementation of Bluetooth which is why Iphone users could not get the messaging to work completely.

I was hoping Apple would come through for Ford owners and fix whatever it is that they insist on having proprietary so that we can get MFT to allow us to send and receive text messages, and be fully functional like the android owners.

Disappointed to see they still haven't done that. Ughh. I wish my company (who pays for my iphone service) would allow us the option of going with either Iphone or Android. I would have gone Android a LONG time ago.

Thanks for the info on IOS 6.1 Bliky!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
I installed it last night also and noticed no change from the previous levels of functionality and non-functionality. Oh well....
Old 01-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
spiderpig
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107025
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 spiderpig Good Standing Member
Did the IOS update last night and it works fine. Was able to get my music to play over bluetooth and make phone calls.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
Did the IOS update last night and it works fine. Was able to get my music to play over bluetooth and make phone calls.
lol, that is truly the essential portion of the bluetooth connectivity. Anyone see if it would just starts playing music via BT without first having to tell it to? Say if it were the last audio source before you shut your car off?

2012 FF5DR SE Sport, 5-Spd, and ALL the 'fixins!
-DaeHan
Old 01-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Nice to see that Apple hasn't fixed anything, they are still doing Bluetooth in a backwards way and thus screwing us over a bit.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.