Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 188 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #1871
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 534, Level 10
Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
No surprise on the PCM/TCM reprogramming.

But even if I put it in SelecShift, if I floor it, mine will auto-downshift. I think it's a good safety feature if you forget to shift (after all, it is an automatic) in cases of emergencies.
You have to roll on the throttle slowly, but you can get it all the way to floor without a downshift. If you just smash the accelerator pedal it will downshift.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #1872
FrustratedFocusGuy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109102
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 FrustratedFocusGuy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
I can't speak for MJRobbins, but I'll tell you that my repair went horribly.

I picked up the car with a vibration on even-numbered gears that wasn't present before.

And now, almost 10,000 miles later, the car drives just as bad as it did when the clutches were changed.

The absolutely terrible driving characteristics of my car are now considered normal... even though they were sufficient to warrant clutch replacement a few months ago.

AGAIN, I HATE THIS CAR AND PURCHASING IT HAS BEEN THE WORST MISTAKE I'VE EVER MADE!!

To any potential Focus owners reading this forum: RUN!! Buying a Focus will make you irritable and depressed.
I feel ya. I had the clutch repaired and now the car is shifting as horribly as ever. Took into the dealer this morning and just got call from the service tech who said their was nothing he could but give me a copy of service bulletin that said something to the effect of keep an eye one the problem and await further communication from Ford. My transmission makes a terrible grinding noise going into and out of gear and it's address with a wait see service bulletin.

Ford Sucks!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #1873
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

Points 2,284, Level 28
Points: 2,284, Level: 28 Points: 2,284, Level: 28 Points: 2,284, Level: 28
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 0 Tubeway Army Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
Mine was in the shop again today.

And all they did was reprogram the ECU/TCU, as usual.

Put it in 6th gear select shift (so it won't downshift) and that sucker feels like it takes 15+ seconds to accelerate from 50 MPH to 60 MPH, WITH MY FOOT TO THE FLOOR.

Or so I claim.
Mine shifted so hard in SelectShift today, that my head jerked forward and backward and hit the headrest, almost thought I had whiplash. It happened between shifts in front of oncoming traffic. I am taking mine in again in the next week.

I am betting I will hear the not broken in yet excuse. Did they find oil in your clutch or what? Replacing parts, reprogramming and etc does not add up. Why don't they drop the whole assembly and start with a clean slate. When you figure in labor rates that Ford has to pay back the dealerships, repeated attempts to band aid the problem are not too economical.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #1874
2008 Ford Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91826
What I Drive: 2008 Focus SES 5 speed

Points 454, Level 9
Points: 454, Level: 9 Points: 454, Level: 9 Points: 454, Level: 9
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 2008 Ford Focus Newbie
As a Mk2 owner, I have to admit I am grateful that Ford NA had a chance to practice building 2 million Focus (July 2008 build date) prior to building mine. Even though my Mk2 is hated by all Mk3 owners and all the mags, I don't really care since my car works as intended even after 4.5 years and 43,000 miles. Sorry that your version is not performing to it's potential and I really do hope you guys get resolution. Ford makes a great car and the Mk3 Focus should be fantastic to drive as it is to look at.

2008 Ford Focus
Old 04-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #1875
Skili
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113733
What I Drive: 2012 Ford focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Skili Good Standing Member
Ford focus 2012 titanium

Hi i have me to a Ford focus 2012 titanium,and i experience the sume problem,evreu time i come to a stop,and when i leave i puse the gas ți shaking,like ies Wanted to stop,anyway i west to the Ford dealer several Times,first they have told me its a normal characteristic,for ford which I could not believe,it's Made me laugh.then after several visits at the dealership, they have told me it is the clutch that has some issues,they have installed a new clutch,but unfortunately the car has the same issue,so I don't know what to do anymore? If anyone have the same issues please let me know.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #1876
Skili
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113733
What I Drive: 2012 Ford focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Skili Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedFocusGuy View Post
I feel ya. I had the clutch repaired and now the car is shifting as horribly as ever. Took into the dealer this morning and just got call from the service tech who said their was nothing he could but give me a copy of service bulletin that said something to the effect of keep an eye one the problem and await further communication from Ford. My transmission makes a terrible grinding noise going into and out of gear and it's address with a wait see service bulletin.

Ford Sucks!
I started to hate myself to that I both this car,only problems so far and at the dealership they keep telling me is normal characteristic, I'm sick of this car!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #1877
MJRobbins
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112961
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 MJRobbins Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJRobbins View Post
Today was second visit into dealership with shuddering, grinding sounds coming from transmission. Dealership is replacing clutch and seals due to a leakage problem. Can anyone please tell me if Ford has fixed the issue yet with the clutch?
Well my 2012 Ford Focus SEL has been in the shop since 04/03/2013 and the part to fix the car has still not came in yet. This is so frustrating. I am starting to really regret my decision on purchasing this vehicle.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #1878
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,875, Level 32
Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJRobbins View Post
Well my 2012 Ford Focus SEL has been in the shop since 04/03/2013 and the part to fix the car has still not came in yet. This is so frustrating. I am starting to really regret my decision on purchasing this vehicle.
At least they've agreed to fix it.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #1879
focussel12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113865
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL sedan silver

FF Reputation: 1 focussel12 Good Standing Member
Hey hi I bouth my 2012 focus sel with 19700 miles on it and does all the things they say here and in other forums how does the whole breaking thing work it would help me understand cus I like the car and so does my wife so please thanks
Old 04-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #1880
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,875, Level 32
Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by focussel12 View Post
Hey hi I bouth my 2012 focus sel with 19700 miles on it and does all the things they say here and in other forums how does the whole breaking thing work it would help me understand cus I like the car and so does my wife so please thanks
After 20k miles, I'd hope the car is broken in. Visiting your dealer is step one.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.