TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1 - Page 31 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #301
Msims61
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104366
What I Drive: 2012 Ti Performance Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Msims61 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I did the 3.5.1 update myself and texting with my Galaxy S3 worked most of the time. After taking it into my dealer for service, they had to do the upgrade again to give me the new A4 nav card. Now texting doesn't work at all with my Galaxy S3.

Not sure why but I am considering doing the upgrade again myself to see if it starts working again. Any one had this type of experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #302
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msims61 View Post
I did the 3.5.1 update myself and texting with my Galaxy S3 worked most of the time. After taking it into my dealer for service, they had to do the upgrade again to give me the new A4 nav card. Now texting doesn't work at all with my Galaxy S3.

Not sure why but I am considering doing the upgrade again myself to see if it starts working again. Any one had this type of experience?
This is strange... Why didn't they just stick the A4 card in? Because I don't think you can do the same update twice but I could be wrong. I tried doing it but when I plugged the usb stick in, it reported that I already had that version. My dealer did the update the first time and since I've been having issues, I thought that I could just install a fresh version but it wouldn't let me. Maybe it's possible if you install an old MFT version over 3.5.1 and then re-install 3.5.1 on that again...
Old 01-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #303
Msims61
Focus Rookie

Not really sure just what they did but they wouldn't just give me the A4 card so they did something to it. I need to find the download again as I deleted the 3.5.1 update from my USB drive because most of my issues seemed to be resolved after my update.

SMR says I'm current for updates and doesn't provide me any options to down load it again.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #304
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msims61 View Post
Not really sure just what they did but they wouldn't just give me the A4 card so they did something to it. I need to find the download again as I deleted the 3.5.1 update from my USB drive because most of my issues seemed to be resolved after my update.

SMR says I'm current for updates and doesn't provide me any options to down load it again.
The download link is in the PDF on page 1 of this thread.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #305
Msims61
Focus Rookie

Oh duh - that was stupid of me thanks!!!

I'll download it and give it a try and see what happens.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #306
pr0faiin
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109616
What I Drive: 2012 Charcoal Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 pr0faiin Good Standing Member
Hopefully this isn't the wrong place for this. Apologies if so.

I have the latest update on my USB drive, ready to go... but I seem to have a problem with the Nav card.

For anyone who ordered and received a new A4 SD Nav card - did you get an SD Card Fault message at all? I got my A4 card today and went to install, since the directions say to update your Nav card first, and received the faulty card error. When I replace the card with the A3 card it resumes working.

I'm wondering if I should install the update via USB drive first, then try the card, or if I have a faulty nav card. Just weary of doing things out of order. Haha. Ease my mind!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #307
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Just update the system first to 3.51 then replace the card with the A4 card. Easy peasy.
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37
Old 02-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #308
rikosintie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93899
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 rikosintie Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
WOW!. Not that the random AM station after a phone call was a Huge bug, but IMHO I thought it would definitely be on the list to get fixed. I guess if you have 3.22 there's probably not a lot of benefit with 3.51
I posted about that yesterday and got a reply that there is a TSB that fixes this issue. I posted around 11PM PST. The TSB says it's the Audio Control Module and not Sync that causes the issue.

Michael
Old 02-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #309
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
I recently updated Spotify and today I was listening to songs on my headphones at the airport and it started randomly skipping songs. Sometimes a bit into the song and other times several songs at once. I'm not sure if this is just a coincident or not...? But your issues might not be solely related to MFT. Just letting you guys know.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #310
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I recently updated Spotify and today I was listening to songs on my headphones at the airport and it started randomly skipping songs. Sometimes a bit into the song and other times several songs at once. I'm not sure if this is just a coincident or not...? But your issues might not be solely related to MFT. Just letting you guys know.
Whoa, that's crazy! I've never had Spotify skip without it not connected to MFT. My app version is 0.5.9.10 and core version is 0.7.1.6114. I use it on an iPhone 4S. I wish Spotify had any sort of tech support to ask...

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->