SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 70 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #691
bvrplzr
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 108628
What I Drive: 2013 performance blue focus titaniu

FF Reputation: 1 bvrplzr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yes the numbers work but the letter keyboard is grayed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi, BlueIce -

Depending on which version you're currently running, the update should take about an hour.

Is your keyboard grayed out, bvrplzr? Please confirm.

Jaclyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #692
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
I did my ordered my A4 nav sd card and got it in a day. I downloaded and flashed the update to V3.5.1 and the install went without a hitch. Today I noticed an issue that really annoys me. I dont think it was doing this just the other day(after the update). I have my 5th gen ipod 80gig plugged in to the USB port... when i hit the voice button and give it a command< "play song **" it jsut seems to pick whatever song it wants to, not even close to what i said. All other voice commands are recognized flawlessly for sirius, FM, NAV, climate and phone. What is going on here? I tried unplugging the ipod and replugging it in wiht no change. Should I try the master reset? Anyone else have this issue?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #693
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
so us guys with Sync w/o MFT are still SOL, huh?

2012 FF5DR SE Sport, 5-Spd, and ALL the 'fixins!
-DaeHan
Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #694
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
I did my ordered my A4 nav sd card and got it in a day. I downloaded and flashed the update to V3.5.1 and the install went without a hitch. Today I noticed an issue that really annoys me. I dont think it was doing this just the other day(after the update). I have my 5th gen ipod 80gig plugged in to the USB port... when i hit the voice button and give it a command< "play song **" it jsut seems to pick whatever song it wants to, not even close to what i said. All other voice commands are recognized flawlessly for sirius, FM, NAV, climate and phone. What is going on here? I tried unplugging the ipod and replugging it in wiht no change. Should I try the master reset? Anyone else have this issue?
You should be saying "Play Track XXXXX". "Play Song" probably sounds like "Play All" which it recognizes as a valid command.
- Jody -
Old 01-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #695
Superd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87917
What I Drive: '12 candy red titanium hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Superd Good Standing Member
I'm still on 3.0.2 and just checked syncmyride to find out 3.5 is now available for me to dowload(wasn't a few days ago).The site imediately took me to another page were i orderred the a4 nav card.
I have all the standard bugs with my current version so i am looking forward to see what gets fixed...or buggy.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #696
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195

FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo86GT View Post
You should be saying "Play Track XXXXX". "Play Song" probably sounds like "Play All" which it recognizes as a valid command.
ill give that a try. I know on 3.2.2 i could just say "play song *whatever*" and it would work find, but i do know this update made changes to the voice commands so ill report back after i test it out.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #697
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superd View Post
I'm still on 3.0.2 and just checked syncmyride to find out 3.5 is now available for me to dowload(wasn't a few days ago).The site imediately took me to another page were i orderred the a4 nav card.
I have all the standard bugs with my current version so i am looking forward to see what gets fixed...or buggy.
Be sure to do a master reset before and especially after install.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #698
Flybigrc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103155
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Flybigrc Good Standing Member
I received the V4 for the Nav in the mail but I cannot download the update from the Sync Website. ActiveX is running and I have tried Explorer and Firefox. It just sits there.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #699
wego2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102788
What I Drive: 2012, frosted glass, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 wego2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybigrc View Post
I received the V4 for the Nav in the mail but I cannot download the update from the Sync Website. ActiveX is running and I have tried Explorer and Firefox. It just sits there.
Same problem here. Fedex delivered updated NAV yesterday, but can't download the update from the Sync website. Seems there is a problem with the website and not our computers.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #700
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
... when i hit the voice button and give it a command< "play song **" it jsut seems to pick whatever song it wants to, not even close to what i said. All other voice commands are recognized flawlessly for sirius, FM, NAV, climate and phone. What is going on here? I tried unplugging the ipod and replugging it in wiht no change. Should I try the master reset? Anyone else have this issue?
Have you tried the new voice commands yet? Just say "Play <song title>" without saying anything like song or track or album after the "play" command.

Bookmarks & Social Networks