People Blocked a Highway to do donuts! - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-28-2013, 12:44 AM   #21
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
That's stupid hope they get busted.
Most likely. Lotta plates visible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 01:12 AM   #22
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It was on the local news tonight. No one busted as of yet. But someone on jalop found that 240 SX pretty fast.

It's Oakland, so even if you are shot and bleeding to death, the police aren't really going to do anything about it. This is far lower on their "do something about it" scale.

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 01-28-2013, 01:51 AM   #23
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Quote:
It's Oakland, so even if you are shot and bleeding to death, the police aren't really going to do anything about it. This is far lower on their "do something about it" scale.
Blocking an interstate is a big deal.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:01 AM   #24
xxMichaelAnthony
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58459
What I Drive: 2001 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 xxMichaelAnthony Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
Blocking an interstate is a big deal.
Not in Oakland. The place is such a shit hole that the PD basically has a flow chart to decide if they need/want to respond to a call. If they would have been called they would probably just say to let them have their fun. They wont even respond to home invasions if the people who broke in are gone and no one was hurt.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #25
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
^^ What he said. A woman called to say someone was breaking into her house, and the police responded... the next day. These guys knew they were probably going to get away with it. Exposure on the news might help to put pressure on the PD, but I guarantee you if it hadn't made the news, they would have never done anything about it.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #26
LouBomb
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

FF Reputation: 9 LouBomb Good Standing Member
Same shit is on southside Chicago... We had gunshots and a victim and the PD didn't show up till about 45 min to an hour later.. I was in the alley and ask the officer why the drag... He literally responded got let it clear out first.. I was like dafuq. He laughed and walked away.

Sent from my JailBroken iPhone.

Formely IMPORTKILLA35
Focus Revolution Club--Hatch Nation
Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #27
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Fan#: 70225
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 32 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
And what stereotype would that be? Please explain to the many members here that also own muscle cars.
I, for one, have found that most muscle car owners are douchebags.

ESPECIALLY Camaro owners. Does that mean all of them are? No. But most of the ones I've met have been. And I can only go by what I've experienced.

Same way a lot of people think Euro guys are tools. There's a lot of them out there. I've met a few, but I've met more cool ones than bad ones, so my opinion would be different than the next guy's.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #28
Svizzara
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98554
What I Drive: '01 SPI Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Svizzara Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
And what stereotype would that be? Please explain to the many members here that also own muscle cars.
You also know nothing about the h1 obviously.
There's a sentiment that they're crude cars bought by simpletons who do stupid things with them. It doesn't hold true for all muscle car owners, but it does for the owners in this video. Unfortunately, they make all American muscle enthusiasts - in fact, car enthusiasts in general, especially seeing as there's an S13 in there - look bad when they do things like this, despite their low numbers relative to the number of more responsible owners.

As for the Hummer H1 - I definitely don't know everything about it, but I do know that it's big, heavy, and stable. I think a 7000 pound SUV with high ground clearance will certainly be the better-off vehicle when colliding with a low-slung sports car weighing half as much. And before you call me a hypocrite for implying that I'd ram them if I had an H1 - it was a joke. I wouldn't, unless I was having a REALLY bad day. Bodywork's not cheap...

I don't comment with the intent of offending people, but it looks like I did just that to you - so I apologize. Hopefully this post clarifies my position. I like muscle cars (especially Terminator Cobras) - all kinds of cars, actually - but not those owners who do dangerous and irresponsible things with them. Just the same as I don't like irresponsible owners of Japanese cars or European cars or any other type of vehicle.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #29
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
One thing that holds true in my town is the muscle car guys are awesome it's the imports owners that get all the attention from the police. Doing all the street racing, taking huge amounts of parking in walmart so they can talk. Doing burnouts in parking lots, doing drifting in parking lots. we have so many modded imports that most kids probably don't know what a muscle car is. So if you own a import like I used to. You'll get pulled over for nothing just cause the police hate import drivers. I kid you not, they will nit pick the car bone clean to find something to sight you for. Got pulled over for no front plate, I had it in the window. He called for back up, I had two city cops, a K9 unit and a state patrol pull up. They searched the car for drugs, and then impounded it. Then made me and my lil brother walk home. I had to go back the next day to pay 1100 to get it out of the impound lot, Over Front plate. The nit picked other thing and left me a fit warning on the drivers seat. But they only cited me for the front plate. I sold the car shortly after and bought a lifted ranger I went from being pulled over four or five times a month to I haven't been pulled over in 11 years. I had that car impounded 3 times in the 7 years I owned it. Import drivers give us such a bad name.

Sent from my LGL55C using FF Mobile
Old 01-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #30
LouBomb
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

FF Reputation: 9 LouBomb Good Standing Member
Funny we bash muscle cars when there is a Nissan right smack in the middle lol

And if you go to YouTube.. Most idiot driving is done by the 4banger community...

I'm a part of the muscle community at threxx and camaroz28 and oddly enough they say the same thing we say about them but towards 4bangers...

And going to be honest here. Most of the guys over there are in their 30-40's and at their meets it's so much fun.. There is practically no drama on the forum.. Everyone has the liberty to say what u want. And moderation is minimal.. Yet everyone gets along...

It's not fair to bash a certain type of driver because of a bad personal experience.. Cause if that's the case I've met more douschebags here on FF then in real life yo.. But hey just my 0.02 lol carry on

Sent from my JailBroken iPhone.

Formely IMPORTKILLA35
Focus Revolution Club--Hatch Nation

Bookmarks & Social Networks