Is this really normal? - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #31
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHour View Post
i have. my 1990 SR5 V6 blew a head gasket at about 110k miles. Toyota had voluntarily taken out ads in major newpapers pointing out the faulty gaskets and extended the warranty to 100k miles!

my mechanic gave me the info and though i didn't meet the extended warranty limit i wrote toyota anyway. two weeks later toyota sent me a check for the entire repair (about $1800) minus the cost of the water pump.

hey we all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them and move on.
That is exactly how every company should be. A good friend of mine had a very different experience with Toyota so it's nice to hear they did that for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #32
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
it was a valid opinion and words of advice
Yeah, well... so is "don't buy a Ford".

Live and learn, eh?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #33
F35-JSF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 102775
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black SE, 08' ZZR-600

FF Reputation: 2 F35-JSF Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
Yeah, well... so is "don't buy a Ford".

Live and learn, eh?
Too General. I had 8 different fords in my family. Had problems out of two of them. in 2000 my 83 mercury cougar had a clutch in the tranny burn up then a lil later an oil leak. My dad later bought a used explorer that had some rust issues and the diff in the 4wd didn't like switching over. Ford has been more then reliable for me to make the decision to buy my focus which has served me flawlessly so far. I'd say don't buy an unproven car design with out researching and testing it yourself.
:lol:Modding is whatever you define it as. Some people wanna boost, some people need 10 TVs, and some of these homos feel compelled to LED their cars front to back.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #34
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by F35-JSF View Post
I'd say don't buy an unproven car design with out researching and testing it yourself.
And I'd say don't expect a Ford dealership to competently fix warranty issues with your car because they will probably screw it up. Then you'll end up hating a car that you liked quite a lot when you purchased it.

Everyone's experiences are different. I wish I would have bought another Hyundai... which are garbage according to some people, but mine was affordable and reliable transportation that had fewer dealership visits in its entire 180,000 mile life than my Ford has had in the last six months. And never did any any of those dealership visits end with my car making new noises, riding harsher, and vibrating like a heap of junk.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #35
powermax
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105453
What I Drive: Ex 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 2 powermax Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
So my 2012 Focus has been making weird noises from the transmission recently as well as shifting weird. I have taken it to two separate dealers and they have both said "Ford states that is normal operational sounds". Now I have attached some videos for you to watch and more importantly listen to. The sounds the car is making sound absolutely horrible like metal against metal or gravel being ground into something. It really upsets me that Ford doesn't seem to care because this car cost me so much; after all I am a college student and don't make a lot of money right now :( Is this a normal sound? Should I contact the BBB or something? because Ford seems to not care about the issue!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5693999/121.mov

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5693999/1.mov

Any help is appreciated!
Whats the mileage on your car? Built date? How often does it happen?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #36
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by powermax View Post
Whats the mileage on your car? Built date? How often does it happen?
I am not sure of the build date but I purchased it in early September and was told it was new on the lot so I would venture to say august or september Ill have to check to make sure. The mileage is currently around 7700 miles. As far as when it does it...all of the time. There is rarely a shift when it does not make the noise. Very easy to replicate but whenever the stealer-ship gets a hold of it the sound mysteriously goes away...until I get into the car.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #37
powermax
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I am not sure of the build date but I purchased it in early September and was told it was new on the lot so I would venture to say august or september Ill have to check to make sure. The mileage is currently around 7700 miles. As far as when it does it...all of the time. There is rarely a shift when it does not make the noise. Very easy to replicate but whenever the stealer-ship gets a hold of it the sound mysteriously goes away...until I get into the car.
You can find the build date in the sticker close to the drivers door hinge. Definitely try another dealer. Doesn't seams normal.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #38
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
You can find the build date in the sticker close to the drivers door hinge. Definitely try another dealer. Doesn't seams normal.
Ill have to take a look for it. I have an appointment on Monday to take it to the "better" of the two dealers. I use that lightly as neither had been exceptional but at least the people are nicer at this one. Ford Cus Service set up a CSM to call me which really didn't accomplish much but hey he tried his best, he cant ford someone to fix something. The way I look at it is they give me a loner car while the try to fix it. If they fix it, awesome! If they don't well thats another attempt and days out of service closer to me having what I need to start a BBB Lemon Law dispute. Either way I am going to get what I paid for. If that means forcing Ford to buy the car back and going with another company I guess thats what I will have to do
Old 01-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #39
powermax
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Ill have to take a look for it. I have an appointment on Monday to take it to the "better" of the two dealers. I use that lightly as neither had been exceptional but at least the people are nicer at this one. Ford Cus Service set up a CSM to call me which really didn't accomplish much but hey he tried his best, he cant ford someone to fix something. The way I look at it is they give me a loner car while the try to fix it. If they fix it, awesome! If they don't well thats another attempt and days out of service closer to me having what I need to start a BBB Lemon Law dispute. Either way I am going to get what I paid for. If that means forcing Ford to buy the car back and going with another company I guess thats what I will have to do
I was having issues with my 1st 2012 focus My dealer offered me to buy the car back for the price I paid for if I got another focus. I got another brand new one better equipped paid close to 1k difference and I'm extremely happy. But in my case the car had lower mileage than yours 3000km (1900miles) and after 6 visits to the dealer with no solution.
There is a thread about my story : http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304642
Give the Dealer a chance to fix your car and keep as much documentation as you can. Most likely they will offer you a loaner and will try to solve your problems.

Best of luck
Old 01-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #40
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I was having issues with my 1st 2012 focus My dealer offered me to buy the car back for the price I paid for if I got another focus. I got another brand new one better equipped paid close to 1k difference and I'm extremely happy. But in my case the car had lower mileage than yours 3000km (1900miles) and after 6 visits to the dealer with no solution.
There is a thread about my story : http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304642
Give the Dealer a chance to fix your car and keep as much documentation as you can. Most likely they will offer you a loaner and will try to solve your problems.

Best of luck

Of course I hope the issue can just be fixed but I always like to have some sort of backup plan for things and a buyback is that plan. I don't mind taking it to the dealer but I have to drive an hour to get to the one that offers a loaner because the other one only offers a shitty shuttle service that only travels 7 miles from the dealership plus they are some of the rudest people I have met. Very unprofessional for the amount of business they get. I guess when you are the only Ford dealer in that area you don't have to try hard. I read your thread and its really ironic because I have a terrible dash rattle as well . The Focus has the potential to be a great car! Mine is just not an example of that right now but hopefully some resolution will take place. If my dealer eventually offers a swap out because of not being able to fix that I will take that ! But if I have to go through the entire lemon law process I will definitely not be going with Ford at all just because of them making me do that. Ugh why can't Apple just make the iCar sine I know that would work right and be great.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->