Hard Plastic Door Panel - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
YTBrown
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107580
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Sedan Sport SE MT

FF Reputation: 1 YTBrown Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hard Plastic Door Panel

Does anybody know if the uppermost portion of the interior door panel (the one that you rest your elbow on) can be removed/replaced separately from the rest of the door panel? If so, can it be exchanged for the corresponding SEL part which, from what understand, is covered in soft material? I love my car but absolutely hate having to rest my elbow on hard plastic. I tried looking for parts online but as a noob was unable to find anything.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
elwood125
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17784
What I Drive: Mk 3 Blue Candy SE Sport 5spd Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 elwood125 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
hi I work in a ford parts dept, and I have the same annoying issue. You would have to put an entire door panel on from an SEL (not guaranteeing it would fit properly) to get that better padded piece. Its quite annoying how narrow and rigid it feels I totally agree
Old 01-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
I'm betting it would fit. The doors themselves are the same between the SE & SEL, it should bolt / clip right up.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
YTBrown
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107580
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Sedan Sport SE MT

FF Reputation: 1 YTBrown Good Standing Member
Crap. That's too bad. Looked like the top portion was seperable. SEL door is definitely in the not-too-distant future in that case. Elwood125, can you give an idea on pricing? In the meantime I guess its off to Michael's to find something soft to glue up there.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #5
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
i use to work on the Focus door line and I can tell you that there is no difference in the door, jsut the electronics, wiring and panel. a SEL inside door panel will fit correctly with no issues. Cost from a dealer will be a bit high. the best bet is to start looking for a wrecked car in a salvage yard.

They look separable because a door panel is actually several molded pieces sonic welded together. I also worked in a plastic parts plant where we made door panels. Is it possible to replace... yes, is it a lot of work and hard to do at home without proper equipment... yes. like i said jsut find a wreched car and get whatever you want out of it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks