Fiesta Holding Value Better Than MK3 Focus? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Kevastator
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104674
What I Drive: 05 Slowbaru Outback

FF Reputation: 2 Kevastator Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Fiesta Holding Value Better Than MK3 Focus?

So, just cruising craigslist and other ad sites, I have noticed a trend of used Fiestas holding value better than focuses?!?

I don't think I've seen a Fiesta of any year (newest gen obvi) go for less than 14-15k, and I have seen MK3 Foci going for as low as 12-13K? Whats up with that? Is it because of the MPG difference?

Thoughts?

[Rally Revolution #7]
ASPECT Motorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
F35-JSF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 102775
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black SE, 08' ZZR-600

FF Reputation: 2 F35-JSF Good Standing Member
Supply and demand, less of them on the road?
:lol:Modding is whatever you define it as. Some people wanna boost, some people need 10 TVs, and some of these homos feel compelled to LED their cars front to back.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
I wanna say...

I think it actually has to do with all of the technology in the Focus vs the Fiesta surprisingly. MFT has not been the best and some has issues with the DCT. It may also be the supply and demand aspect of thing. In my area there are surprisingly a ton of used MK3 Foci but I rarely see a used Fiesta.

Edit : DAMN!!!! he beat me to it lol. but yeah I definitely think its the supply and demand aspect.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Kevastator
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104674
What I Drive: 05 Slowbaru Outback

FF Reputation: 2 Kevastator Good Standing Member
That's true, there havent been many if any recalls for the Fiesta that I know of, compared to the focus haha maybe people just have a better opinion of them?
[Rally Revolution #7]
ASPECT Motorsports
Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevastator View Post
That's true, there havent been many if any recalls for the Fiesta that I know of, compared to the focus haha maybe people just have a better opinion of them?
The Focus was less expensive or nearly the same cost new for a better car, however there are more Foci models available used as a result. The Fiesta is a poor new car buy therefore. It may be because there are so few Fiestas sold by comparison that they are assumed to hold value better.

Besides they've had just as many DCT updates as the Focus give or take, as well as issues of their own.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
At the local dealer, they discount new Foci much more than the Fiestas, also. Perhaps it is due to supply/demand. Even the ST is discounted ~1K from MSRP at this dealer (and they now have 3 on the lot).

I once wanted a Fiesta, but they look remarkably cheap (interior-only) to me now.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #7
Bolto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101615
What I Drive: 2012 Plat White Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Bolto Good Standing Member
Two words - fleet sales. I see lots of rental Focuses around as well as company car Focuses. So while that might be a great sales boost for Ford, it kills resale value for owners.

That's also part of the reason why certain companies like Honda have much better resale value on their cars - you're not going to be able to call up Hertz and rent a Civic or Accord (at least not anywhere I've lived).
Old 01-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #8
Sal Paradise
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108914
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Sal Paradise Good Standing Member
Rental/Lease cars seem to set the bottom prices - you can always seem to buy a 2 or 3 years old Enterprise car for $13k. So much resale seems to depend on this. The economy is so bad that many people are convinced that this is the best way to buy a car. If all you want is a box and 4 wheels, maybe. I think thats where the Fiesta buyers are - plus the Fiesta is cooler than most.

My buddy did that at the same time I bought my SEL - he got a 2008 Civic for $13k. He laughed a bit when I told him I bought a new Focus. OK, we'll see who keeps what longer. I chose a loaded car in black that was very advanced for its time ( picked my '12 up in June '11) and I will save in the long run as I don't have to replace the car for many years in the future.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Always a car with more expensive options holds value less
Old 01-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103427
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
[QUOTE=Kevastator;4556483]So, just cruising craigslist and other ad sites, I have noticed a trend of used Fiestas holding value better than focuses?!?

I don't think I've seen a Fiesta of any year (newest gen obvi) go for less than 14-15k, and I have seen MK3 Foci going for as low as 12-13K? Whats up with that? Is it because of the MPG difference?

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

how do you define trend? i doubt you have enough info to come to any meaningful conclusion.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->